We have the worst cap situation in the league?

Virgil

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders and Jaguars both have promising young QBs, especially the Jaguars.

Blake Bortles is a lot better than I thought he would be. Last season he was 7th in the league with 4,428 YDS and 2nd in the league in TD's with 35, behind only Brady, who had 36. His one issue is that he throws a lot of INT, but he is young and he does produce YDS and TD passes as well.

Don't be shocked if the Jaguars win their division.

For the Raiders, Derek Carr had 3,987 YDS and 32 TD.

Tyrod's 3,035 YDS with 20 TD and 6 INT is very encouraging for us as well. Imagine a world where the Bills, Jaguars, and Raiders are battling it out for playoff berths!

I think the Raiders and Jaguars are going to be in the playoffs next year. Both teams are on the right track and have a ton of money to spend. Why does it seem that the Bills can NEVER make that next step.....

Please list the superstar players that are available to spend the money

If Bortles takes another step, I could see it.

Me too....pretty good offense....just need to up the D

So does anyone know the Bills current cap space before signing Richie, Bradham or draft picks?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

About $7.2M in space. After Incognito's contract becomes official he should count about $3.1M against the cap in 2016. That will leave about $4.6M in space. Calculated as: $7.2M-$3.1M+$500k(Rule of 51 rolloff contract)=$4.6M

Expect draft picks to cost about $2M net after Rule of 51 roll offs.

Edited to add:

Spotrac has contract details. Bills have $4.5M in cap room after RI's contract.

Edited by BarleyNY

So why did Buffalo go that route last year?

They didn't.

They signed a #3 WR and a QB that ended up starting because he exceeded everyone's expectations.

Beyond that, they traded for a RB and a backup QB, and plucked a street FA that ended up starting at guard.

They didn't.

They signed a #3 WR and a QB that ended up starting because he exceeded everyone's expectations.

Beyond that, they traded for a RB and a backup QB, and plucked a street FA that ended up starting at guard.

They spent a ton of money, particularly guaranteed last off-season. Whether the player was UFA, trade, SFA, or otherwise, the plan was to win immediately and it was unsuccessful.

Conflating the way a player was acquired or their place on the depth chart does nothing to avoid that.

Go look at their last 3 or so drafts they have been doing very well. They also has 70 million to spend in FA and have the luxury of playing in the AFC south.

ok

and where are they drafting commonsense? What is the that number in the 1st round

and having 70 million in cap space doesnt really mean anything if it does not translate to wins

ok

and where are they drafting commonsense? What is the that number in the 1st round

and having 70 million in cap space doesnt really mean anything if it does not translate to wins

Where are they drafting? What does that even mean?

Where are they drafting? What does that even mean?

Chan just what is says

What spot in the first round have the jags been drafting?

Here....I will get the info

2010 10 Tyson Alualu DT California 2011 10 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri Played three seasons for the Jaguars, totaling 22 touchdowns and 24 interceptions; was traded in 2014. 2012 5 Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State Suspended indefinitely for substance abuse in 2013 after playing 20 games; has not played again as of 2015. 2013 2 Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M [19]2014 3 Blake Bortles QB UCF 2015 3 Dante Fowler, Jr. DE Florida

Soooooo the jags have been picking in the top 10 in each of the last 6 years......in the last THREE years it has been in the top THREE picks

That means they have been losing a lot of games....not conducive to making the playoffs wouldnt you say?

Chan just what is says

What spot in the first round have the jags been drafting?

Here....I will get the info

2010 10 Tyson Alualu DT California 2011 10 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri Played three seasons for the Jaguars, totaling 22 touchdowns and 24 interceptions; was traded in 2014. 2012 5 Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State Suspended indefinitely for substance abuse in 2013 after playing 20 games; has not played again as of 2015. 2013 2 Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M [19]2014 3 Blake Bortles QB UCF 2015 3 Dante Fowler, Jr. DE Florida

Soooooo the jags have been picking in the top 10 in each of the last 6 years......in the last THREE years it has been in the top THREE picks

That means they have been losing a lot of games....not conducive to making the playoffs wouldnt you say?

I thought you were trying to say they have a better chance of making the playoffs because they draft so high. I had to be sure.