Post season needs changes

4merper4mer

Going into the draft looks like one thing on the 1. day the season ends, 2. another after a few weeks of the post season and 3. a third once free agency gains/losses are established.

1. After the season it was immediately clear that our defense is destined to be based on crappy players that "buy in' to Rex's antiquated defensive scheme and that we will be getting rid of talented players like Mario who know what they're doing. It will be interesting to see who we sign to take Mario's side while he excels again, hopefully with an NFC team. My guess is this acquisition will happen in free agency because.....

2. I feel that the Pro Bowl exposed Tyrod Taylor's game. I'm disappointed because I like him and thought he had a good season but three picks when facing top level competition is tell tale. To be a good team we will need a QB that can do well when we are playing top defenses and top players. We can't afford all those picks. I have to admit I don't see much in the draft QB wise but am starting to come around to the idea of taking one every year until something works. I don't see any other post season changes yet but the Glenn, Incognito and possibly Gilmore contract situations will be clear soon.

3. The free agency pickups will probably tell us where we'll go in the draft.

I think as fanes the most we can hope for is to have Whaley set up the roster for early success for whoever will be our new coach in 2017. I don't know if that means BPA or simply solidifying one side of the ball. To me I'd concentrate on OL and secondary. A top notch safety, signing Glenn, Incognito and getting an RT early would be the best foundation for when Rex is jettisoned after 2016.

I didn't watch the pro bowl, only saw the stats. I will say this: don't read too much into it. No chemistry and basic, at best play calling. Those numbers, one of which was a two-point conversion, can not be equated to the regular season. He had six picks in 14 games. That's more telling for me, as it should be for others.

Going into the draft looks like one thing on the 1. day the season ends, 2. another after a few weeks of the post season and 3. a third once free agency gains/losses are established.

1. After the season it was immediately clear that our defense is destined to be based on crappy players that "buy in' to Rex's antiquated defensive scheme and that we will be getting rid of talented players like Mario who know what they're doing. It will be interesting to see who we sign to take Mario's side while he excels again, hopefully with an NFC team. My guess is this acquisition will happen in free agency because.....

2. I feel that the Pro Bowl exposed Tyrod Taylor's game. I'm disappointed because I like him and thought he had a good season but three picks when facing top level competition is tell tale. To be a good team we will need a QB that can do well when we are playing top defenses and top players. We can't afford all those picks. I have to admit I don't see much in the draft QB wise but am starting to come around to the idea of taking one every year until something works. I don't see any other post season changes yet but the Glenn, Incognito and possibly Gilmore contract situations will be clear soon.

3. The free agency pickups will probably tell us where we'll go in the draft.

I think as fanes the most we can hope for is to have Whaley set up the roster for early success for whoever will be our new coach in 2017. I don't know if that means BPA or simply solidifying one side of the ball. To me I'd concentrate on OL and secondary. A top notch safety, signing Glenn, Incognito and getting an RT early would be the best foundation for when Rex is jettisoned after 2016.

Making an assessment of any player based upon what happens at the Pro Bowl is frankly ludicrous. It's not real football competition with less than preseason intensity and absolutely nothing on the line other than player health.

1 - its an exhibition - there isn't even a check on the line. This could not possibly mean less.

2 - Did you actually watch the game? All of the throws were essentially 4 verticals plays where he chucked the ball down the field. One was tipped, and another it seemed like the guy ran the wrong route. They were losing by like 21 when he came in the game. When you don't have an offensive game plan in place, its hard to play catch up.

Oh man that's a good one. The ProBowl exposed Tyrod's game. The Bills and all the haters are gonna regret not signing this dude to an extension this year. It is amazing there are so many negative posts about him. He made some huge plays to help win games this year. He was exciting to watch. Basically a total turn around from what we have had recently. What is the alternative? Maybe we can draft a QB in the second round and he will become Rodgers!!!

The only part of the pro bowl that was remotely entertaining was the competition between the WR and DB's. There is no way to fix it. They won't hit each other, and they won't due to injury risk do a skills competition. That would have fun like ABC in the 70's.

I'd love to see these guys do some weightlifting, obstacle course, 100 meter runs, swim, and so on. How fun watching JJ Watt go up against some of those offensive lineman in a shoulder press like the old Gastineau / LT competition.

I would definitely tune in to see some of these stud WR go against the DB's in the obstacle course. I know hurt etc., but watching Sammy go against Antonio Brown. That would be cool. Yes, I know Sammy didn't get in the Pro Bosl, but you get the point.

This is the reason why I watched back and forth from a movie. Basically, the PB was my commercial break.

Lastly, I could care less if TT threw 10 picks in the PB. Has no bearing on his play in games.

The only part of the pro bowl that was remotely entertaining was the competition between the WR and DB's. There is no way to fix it. They won't hit each other, and they won't due to injury risk do a skills competition. That would have fun like ABC in the 70's.

I'd love to see these guys do some weightlifting, obstacle course, 100 meter runs, swim, and so on. How fun watching JJ Watt go up against some of those offensive lineman in a shoulder press like the old Gastineau / LT competition.

I would definitely tune in to see some of these stud WR go against the DB's in the obstacle course. I know hurt etc., but watching Sammy go against Antonio Brown. That would be cool. Yes, I know Sammy didn't get in the Pro Bosl, but you get the point.

This is the reason why I watched back and forth from a movie. Basically, the PB was my commercial break.

Lastly, I could care less if TT threw 10 picks in the PB. Has no bearing on his play in games.

Yupp. I want to see obstacle courses, precision QB throws, fastest players, and MAYBE 7 on 7. Or it might be cool to do like an olympics, which conference wins most competitions. Anything would be better than current form. Hey I'd even be down to see these guys in a dodgeball tournament.

Oh man that's a good one. The ProBowl exposed Tyrod's game. The Bills and all the haters are gonna regret not signing this dude to an extension this year. It is amazing there are so many negative posts about him. He made some huge plays to help win games this year. He was exciting to watch. Basically a total turn around from what we have had recently. What is the alternative? Maybe we can draft a QB in the second round and he will become Rodgers!!!

Dude I have not been critical of Tyrod. I agree with what you said about how he performed in 2015 but I think we can also agree we want the Bills to win a Super Bowl. To do that we will have to beat top competition. Against top competition in the Pro Bowl he threw three picks. That won't get us a Super Bowl. Maybe he can turn things around as he gains experience but can we really afford to take that chance without drafting a QB high just in case?

Dude I have not been critical of Tyrod. I agree with what you said about how he performed in 2015 but I think we can also agree we want the Bills to win a Super Bowl. To do that we will have to beat top competition. Against top competition in the Pro Bowl he threw three picks. That won't get us a Super Bowl. Maybe he can turn things around as he gains experience but can we really afford to take that chance without drafting a QB high just in case?

Right - but who cares? It's an exhibition game... and he was just chucking up deep balls. One of which was tipped, and another ODB didn't really try to go and get.

In football that counted - he threw 6 all year. 3 in 1 game. So thats what 11 games with 0 ints?

Tyrod's game was exposed?

What was David Carr's excuse

and Bridgewaters?

AS A TYROD TAYLOR FAN I will be the first to admit I wanted to see him have a great game........but to take a pro bowl game and try to dicipher his ability to QB our team to the playoffs? Stupid stupid stupid.

- The first pick was a bad one

- The second pick is ODB not fighting for a ball......ODB should have either caught that or knocked it down

- The third pick was TT forcing a ball into a TE (which ALL of the other QBs were doing as well)......it gets popped in the air and int'd. You cannot fault that Int much on Taylor.

Then there was his showcasing of running ability for first downs.....and a pretty damn sharp throw for a touchdown in the corner of the end zone.

The pro bowl was nice to be nominated to.....but come on man.

Right - but who cares? It's an exhibition game... and he was just chucking up deep balls. One of which was tipped, and another ODB didn't really try to go and get.

In football that counted - he threw 6 all year. 3 in 1 game. So thats what 11 games with 0 ints?

I don't know man. With tough competition he failed to produce. And you don't find it worrisome that he had to "chuck up deep balls" because he couldn't read the defense well enough to put together drives? When you get deep into the playoffs you will probably face good teams with talented defensive players. You can't just chuck up deep balls and expect to win.

The Pro Bowl performance means little to nothing.

He's a big part of why this team went 8-8 with a cake schedule. His stats for the season are deceiving. Very rarely did he put up decent stats when the Bills needed them.

As far as his game being exposed goes, it was exposed as the regular season went on. All opposing teams need to do is to see how teams defensed Vick in the past. Take away the run, take away the sidelines and make him find ... and hit ... open receivers over the middle of the field.

If he's proved anything, he's proved that he can't do that.

That is cause for concern and has nothing to do with his schitty Pro Bowl.

I don't know man. With tough competition he failed to produce. And you don't find it worrisome that he had to "chuck up deep balls" because he couldn't read the defense well enough to put together drives? When you get deep into the playoffs you will probably face good teams with talented defensive players. You can't just chuck up deep balls and expect to win.

They were down 21... because eli and carr had already thrown 3 ints. And you turn the ball over at the end of the quarter. And there's not a gameplan other than something very simple.

Let's not even get to the distractions of essentially being on a free vacation for a week. All so you can play football for like 45 minutes.

The kicker was sleeping on the sidelines!! His TD was a pretty sick throw all things considered (the 0 pass rush)

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/693994602752114688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw