Jauron was right: it IS hard to win in the NFL!

Darrell Bevel says "You're Welcome!" :censored:

This still drives me crazy that they were handed that SB based on a moron's coaching decision. Same as when Martz handed them one by deciding not feed Marshall Faulk. Idiots.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In short, Dick Jauron was right. It is freaking HARD to win in this league.

Consider....

New England* has been seemingly unstoppable and it seems like they always win, to the point where many of us just assume they will obviously always win because they always do (they actually don't).

In the past 10 years New England* has won ONE Super Bowl. With a guy everyone considers one of the top 2 greatest QBs of all-time and with the coach many consider one of the greatest of all-time.

Think about this:

They have Belichick.

They have Brady.

They have had some AMAZING teams that went on crazy runs of not only winning, but blowing people out (the 18-1 year for example).

They are always in the AFC Title game.

They almost always lock up home field advantage in the AFC before Week 17.

The AFC East is almost never competitive. As such, they typically lock up the division by early December.

They even cheated (which they have accepted punishment for TWICE)

12-4 is a mediocre year for them.

And yet... 1 SB title in the past 10 years to show for all that dominance.

It's truly incredible how difficult it is to win even ONE title, even with a stacked deck.

All true and/or facts.

When the Pats are in the playoffs I usually root for them to go as far as possible because I really don't want them feeling like they have to do something drastic to help them stay on top because it's hard enough to compete with them as it is.

LOL! Oh, Badol, I was just thinking "WTF am I doing here" and you made me laugh. That's the bestest reason I've heard for cheering the Pats, ever.

All their SB's were close, could have went either way. Thankfully, they were indeed "unlucky" against the Giants...

That's a good thing, right?? I mean, when the Super bowl rolls around the thing i most want to see is a good game. Every Pats SB has been a great game except for the Eagles game, which wasn't as close as the score.

Oh they fit the model......they could have easily won 10 SB's but have never really went all in even once in that period of time. Eventually the "almosts" usually lead a team to put a fine point on their roster the way the Cowboys and Niners did in the early 1990's but not with the Patriots. They have the Patriot way.

Dumb question, but do you think that the Bronco game was an omen of Brady on the way down? I ask this because I for one do.

Badol, Brady is in what appears to be great shape, but he got his ass handed to him in that game and obviously he is not young. Those hits by the DTs were crushing, and he was limping after the game.

If he has 1 or more games like that next year I really doubt if he will finish the season.

Jmo.

Dumb question, but do you think that the Bronco game was an omen of Brady on the way down? I ask this because I for one do.Badol, Brady is in what appears to be great shape, but he got his ass handed to him in that game and obviously he is not young. Those hits by the DTs were crushing, and he was limping after the game.If he has 1 or more games like that next year I really doubt if he will finish the season.Jmo.

I just think it was a function of having no credible OTs. Whne Solder was in there, he was playing lights out.

Could be Dave. But he isn't getting younger, and that was a serious pounding he took. It will be interesting to see how he holds up next season, especially if he gets his ass kicked a few more times.

We'll see. He was badly pounded in the Miami game that closed the season too. People criticize Brady for not being tough, but they're wrong. He's tough and a gamer.

Dumb question, but do you think that the Bronco game was an omen of Brady on the way down? I ask this because I for one do.

Badol, Brady is in what appears to be great shape, but he got his ass handed to him in that game and obviously he is not young. Those hits by the DTs were crushing, and he was limping after the game.

If he has 1 or more games like that next year I really doubt if he will finish the season.

Jmo.

I think it was more a case of them blowing home-field advantage and never doing too well in Denver. I still thought they'd win due to Manning choking, but as it turns out, Broncos never needed him to step up, Osweiler would've also won that game. I expect Brady & Belicheck to continue dominating the league until they finally decide they have enough rings.

Jmo.

I agree with dave and Rico........I've thought I saw signs of him wearing down before and it didn't happen.

Most recently was their loss to Baltimore in the AFC championship a few years ago. He got hammered and was running like an old man with bricks for shoes........and he just came back better.

LOL! Oh, Badol, I was just thinking "WTF am I doing here" and you made me laugh. That's the bestest reason I've heard for cheering the Pats, ever.

Yeah honestly, I don't care if they do well in the playoffs.

I'm living year to year on this and the better the Patriots feel about themselves going into the offseason the better the chances they don't really bolster their roster, IMO.

True to form.......last year they won the SB.......and then cut payroll. :thumbsup:

The Bills are so far behind them as an organization that it isn't a competitive situation right now so I don't expect to ever catch up to their 5 SB wins in my lifetime.

If we are lucky, over the next few years we can win a SB and at least become a rival.

Right now we are a fake rival.........significant only for our bile for the opponent......like the Red Sox were to the Yankees for 90 years.

Even now, as a Yankees fan I just think the Red Sox are a funny little organization. B-)

Looking back on it, Jauron definitely overachieved with those Bills teams. The level of talent was so far below what we have been putting on the field the last few years, that I'm surprised we went 7-9 three years in a row.

Well, when the plan is to run as many plays as possible to move the ball between the 20s and play bend-don't-break on defense, the game clock just melts away. Then, it's just a matter of hoping the opponent screws the pooch, and the kicker can nail a field goal in the waning seconds.