• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex sux

got that backwards.

rex blows

jk/

Can't believe no one predicted this in the BOLD predictions thread.

I almost did. i teetered between this and global warming.

This site needs a good Quality Control Coach of either gender.

and some one sure as hell needs to keep a sharp eye on Crossman.

seriously.

Well I guess this is a chance to look like I'm down with the progressive times so let me just say I'm really excited about this woman getting hired.Can you imagine all the awards that the Bills will get from womens organizations now?Very exciting.

Hope this gives Bills fans something to lean on next December.

Skipped a few pages but... Man or woman... What stood out is 7 years Nfl experience and accepting a promotion to QC.... The last article I read was QCs getting paid like $25k a year. It's a big commitment to follow Rex 7 years and still be at that level. You've got to LOVE the game, if nothing else.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/radio_host_kevin_kiley_blasts_bills_for_hiring_female_coach_kathryn_smith/s1_127_20220478

Take the quiz and see if you can name all 15 Bills pro bowlers from the Super Bowl Era teams...I actually got them all pretty easily, there are 15 of them...

Edited by matter2003

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/radio_host_kevin_kiley_blasts_bills_for_hiring_female_coach_kathryn_smith/s1_127_20220478

Take the quiz and see if you can name all 15 Bills pro bowlers from the Super Bowl Era teams...I actually got them all pretty easily, there are 15 of them...

They have a certain guard with initials JR spelled incorrectly

This thread is as predictable as the Michael Sam threads. There are basically four responses: those expressing great pride and satisfaction in this perceived monumental moment, those taking the positive side of the "all that matters to me is if she can do the job" bit, it's negative counterpoint "I don't give a **** unless she can do the job (I think those calling it a publicity stunt fall loosely under here), and then the sanctimonious white nights decrying all the "misogyny" in the thread.

Really? Grow up.

I think the guy who gets uncomfortable with ovulation jokes may be the one who needs to reevaluate his maturity level.

This thread is as predictable as the Michael Sam threads. There are basically four responses: those expressing great pride and satisfaction in this perceived monumental moment, those taking the positive side of the "all that matters to me is if she can do the job" bit, it's negative counterpoint "I don't give a **** unless she can do the job (I think those calling it a publicity stunt fall loosely under here), and then the sanctimonious white nights decrying all the "misogyny" in the thread.

I think the guy who gets uncomfortable with ovulation jokes may be the one who needs to reevaluate his maturity level.

Interesting. I see you've chosen to completely ignore one type of response in your analysis although it's made up a sizable number of the replies.

Kathryn Smith: "This is an amazing opportunity" (15:57)
Bills Special Teams Quality Control Coach Kathryn Smith sat down on The John Murphy Show to discuss her past working in the sporting world, her relationship with head coach Rex Ryan, and her feelings on being the first full-time female coach in the NFL.

Kim Pegula: "She has earned this position" (7:46)
Bills owner Kim Pegula joined The John Murphy Show to share her reaction to the hiring of Special Teams Quality Control Coach Kathryn Smith.

Interesting. I see you've chosen to completely ignore one type of response in your analysis although it's made up a sizable number of the replies.

Which are those? Jokes? I saw a handful of jokes. Otherwise I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

A second reading of the thread did make it clear how overanxious the White Knights are to take up the cause though.

Rex fired a ST quality control coach, Michael Hamlin. Smith is replacing him. How is that a "side show"? Rex has "more control of the circus?" He's the HC and like every team, he has always had control of his coaching staff. Don't really understand all the negativity behind your comments as it relates to this hire. I understand you do not like Rex, but just because they didn't make the playoffs this year doesn't mean every single thing he does is wrong. Have some sense.

Sense? The best gauge of future success is past performance? Rex has had no good performances in 5 years. Sense would be to question Rex's abilities and choices.

The negativity is that I don't believe Rex is making a stronger staff, but, a weaker one. I beieve that is the circus. And, for the wrong reasons.

I will cheer for the Bills and Rex and hope I am wrong. But, I would like to win games not the press conferences and offseason.

You don't think it's a circus when in the last 3 weeks Rex said Dennis Thurman will be a HC soon and then demotes him?

Do you really think that Kathryn Smith's administrative role on the Jets and Bills played a part in their record? Or that the Quality Control coach on any unit is to blame? This is a negative referendum on Rex Ryan that he hired a female coach with 14 years of NFL experience to be a QC coach? One of the stranger posts I've seen, sorry. I also don't understand the part of the Bills being "terrible"... they finished .500 and were in the playoff race into late December. Interesting perspective. I am a Browns fan. The Browns were "terrible." The Bills were "pretty good, but not good enough." Just my own very humble opinion, of course.

I think all coaches are important. It is part of the team, culture, attitude, etc. I think coaches from winning programs tend to know how to win more and are more likely to do so in the future. If you don't think a coach matters in any particular role why have them or that role?

This had nothing to do with her being a woman besides POSSIBLY Rex racing to be the first to hire a woman to be the first FT woman coach. And bringing more media attention to the team for the sake of media attention. Which he seems to like more than coaching and winning.

Regarding our .500 record...with our terribly weak schedule was more like 6-10. We beat one playoff team and that was the Texans. It was a poor season. Any other way you look at it is spraying perfume on a pig.

"regained female fans and uber politically correct"? Quite a strong statement. Do you need to be one of those to positively recognize the hire? If someone wasn't a Bills fan before or a Rex fan before, do you think that now they are because he hired a female QC coach? I don't. As for the timing - this is when all NFL coaches are being hired around the league. Should he have held off until after the super bowl just so he doesn't take any headlines away from "SuperCam goes to Wafflehouse" or "Brady vs Manning v eleventy billion could be totally different this time, ya'll"...Or maybe just wait until the offseason is over completely, so he isn't accused of trying to own the offseason? Or maybe he should just handle it like any other coaching hire. Like he did.

You seem angry and taking this personally. Or just think you are always right. Or just have blind faith. Or a combo of all.

We all have blind faith on this board to an extent, but, common.

Rah Rah Rah.. Sis Boom Bah. Go Bills!!! The fact that we are even talking about this benign hire proves my point. REX OWNS THE OFF-SEASON!!!

Yep! Edited by Manther

Yolo don't feed the trolls. People like this will find negativity in everything Rex does, instead of realizing this is a normal process in football, fire an asst coach and hire another one. The reason this is a story is because he hired a female. Obviously the poster just wants to find negativity in it instead of just seeing it for what it really is, which is a personnel move.

Trolls?! I strongly dislike how there are groups on this board who think they are better than others. Yes, I believe there are trolls and some are so annoying. But, by sharing ones opinion even if negative isn't trolling. Just because you don't like it. Sorry, if you dont like Rex you can question his choices. You say Rex chooses his coaches, but, also suggest he shouldn't be bashed for who he chooses. Talking out of two sides of your mouth, then critiquing others for their opinion? Just because you have more posts or been here longer doesn't allow you to be judge, jury and executioner.

On another note, I don't like how everyone jumps to link, picture, etc. We are not non fiction writers we are folks sharing opinions. Do we really need a source? Who makes those rules?

I believe Crossman staying, more Jets hires and his brother are poor decisions. That is my stance....and you think I am the crazy one --- Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook (if anyone hasn't seen it, do so, its great)

only the knuckle dragging mouth breathers

Seriously losing any respect I may have had for the all great Yolo. Why so angry and why always putting people down?

I really don't care what gender works for the team. Does the employee make it better? If the answer is yes than great. My experience in retail and sales for 40 years showed me that women only got a chance to lead after about 30 of those. But they taught me everything I knew. There a lot of smart cookies out there. Some even have nice feet I guess. We had a terrible Special Team this year compared to other years. That has to fall on someone. She can only help the situation.

I agree. In sales, my teams are always about 60% female. In my industry the norm is about 20% female. I just don't like Rex or his staff and don't like the changes he is making besides Ed Reed. Edited by Manther

Trolls?! I strongly dislike how there are groups on this board who think they are better than others. Yes, I believe there are trolls and some are so annoying. But, by sharing ones opinion even if negative isn't trolling. Just because you don't like it. Sorry, if you dont like Rex you can question his choices. You say Rex chooses his coaches, but, also suggest he shouldn't be bashed for who he chooses. Talking out of two sides of your mouth, then critiquing others for their opinion? Just because you have more posts or been here longer doesn't allow you to be judge, jury and executioner.

On another note, I don't like how everyone jumps to link, picture, etc. We are not non fiction writers we are folks sharing opinions. Do we really need a source? Wo makes those rules?

I believe Crossman staying, more Jets hires and his brother are poor decisions. That is my stance....and you think I am the crazy one --- Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook (if anyone hasn't seen it, do so, its great)

Seriously losing any respect I may have had for the all great Yolo. Why so angry and why always putting people down?

I agree. In sales, my teams are always about 60% female. In my industry the norm is about 20% female. I just don't like Rex or his staff and don't like the changes he is making besides Ed Reed.

Great post. The Zombies that constantly deride others negative opinions as trolls are really annoying. Especially in light of the fact that those negative opinions have been right for this entire century. Zombies like Rex own the off season.

And I am sorry to see that things have gotten so bad that you have to take solace in the fact that the Bills hired a woman Special Teams quality control coach. What does that even mean? Why is a Special Teams quality control coach even do? Do you think that her hire will get us to the playoffs next year?

This story has nothing to do with the bills on field, and the proof is that if this was a guy hire you wouldn't see anything more than a single line press release. They hired the most qualified applicant, who happens to be a woman and it's actually unfortunate that this even has to be a story, because qualification should be the only measure and there should already be women coaches.

The fact that you are bringing the bills on field impact into this story shows you are against the hire because she has a vagina, or more so because she is different from you and that's 'weird.' It's actually ok for it to be weird, we all have internal biases we cant control, but you need to be self aware enough to realize them and use your mind to think past them.

Also, jms62 is probably one of those that would say 'you are actually sexist because this FemaleCoachesMatter is sexist, didnt you know AllCoachesMatter?!'