RIP Ted Marchibroda

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Mr Marchibroda

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14581999/ted-marchibroda-former-indianapolis-colts-baltimore-ravens-coach-dies-age-84

Man was our offensive coordinator during the Superbowls years yet barley no mention of his time spent with the BILLS.

The man was the main reason that 90's Bills offense was so potent. He taught Jim Kelly to call his own plays and was basically responsible for that hurry up / no huddle offense. Jim Kelly was so good at running the 2 min drill so Ole Ted had him start running it all game long. Then the he brought back the old Redskin "counter trey" run scheme which allowed Thurman Thomas his great cut back lanes.

Ted Marchibroda was the Colts ex-head coach who tutored QB Burt Jones into a playoff QB. Those Colts never could get by the Steelers in the playoffs. Anyway, it stunk when the Colts re-hired Marchibroda away from Buffalo after the 91 season. Interesting note that Jim Harbaugh was the Colts QB at that time.

yes I think so

Thanks, I watched it once on Christmas morning. It was very emotional for me, as for most of us. Between Christmas and the Four Falls, i reflected on times past with people who are not with me anymore and huge Bills fans.

Glad they gave mention to Ted, he was a good coach. He knew how to handle a good QB.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

RIP Mr Marchibroda

The man was the main reason that 90's Bills offense was so potent. He taught Jim Kelly to call his own plays and was basically responsible for that hurry up / no huddle offense. Jim Kelly was so good at running the 2 min drill so Ole Ted had him start running it all game long. Then the he brought back the old Redskin "counter trey" run scheme which allowed Thurman Thomas his great cut back lanes.

Ted Marchibroda was the Colts ex-head coach who tutored QB Burt Jones into a playoff QB. Those Colts never could get by the Steelers in the playoffs. Anyway, it stunk when the Colts re-hired Marchibroda away from Buffalo after the 91 season. Interesting note that Jim Harbaugh was the Colts QB at that time.

y, I hated when he left Buffalo, too. Wanted to see him stay at least one more season as OC, but can't blame him for accepting an HC position. RIP.