RIP Alan Rickman

Virgil

You can see the generation gap with the writing of the articles on him. Some say he's best known from the Harry Potter movies, others from Die Hard/Robin Hood.

If Hollywood wanted to have an honest conversation with itself, they'd admit Die Hard is one of their best of the last 50 years. Can't believe it's a nearly 30 year old movie at this point.

You can see the generation gap with the writing of the articles on him. Some say he's best known from the Harry Potter movies, others from Die Hard/Robin Hood.

If Hollywood wanted to have an honest conversation with itself, they'd admit Die Hard is one of their best of the last 50 years. Can't believe it's a nearly 30 year old movie at this point.

Do they actually mention Robin Hood? There's a movie that pretty much disappeared off of the face of the earth after around 1993 or so.

Do they actually mention Robin Hood? There's a movie that pretty much disappeared off of the face of the earth after around 1993 or so.

Yep, that movie still has fans. Arguably, Bryan Adams is probably the movie's biggest fan ever. :flirt:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/3924251-british-actor-alan-rickman-harry-potter-and-robin-hood-dies-69

That's because the world has discovered how truly awful Kevin Costner is in most movies.

Shame--Rickman was a brilliant Sheriff, and the rest of the cast was great as well (especially Michael Wincott as the Guy of Gisborne).

pU4Bcou.jpg

Damn shame, I'll always remember him as Hans Gruber. My dad and I bonded a lot over that film. One of the most severely underrated comedic performances is Mr. Rickman in Galaxy Quest. Just hilarious.

RIP Allan Rickman.

Galaxy Quest might be one of the most underrated comedies of the past few decades.

Galaxy Quest might be one of the most underrated comedies of the past few decades.

I just ran across it on TV a couple nights ago - forgot how good it is (and never noticed Dwight Shrute was one of the aliens :)) I taped it thinking I'll put it on the list of classics I'll have my kids watch

Edited by stevewin

Great actor. Hysterical in Dogma. I hope they bury him in one of Hans' John Phillips suits.

RIP

And get the guy who played Ellis to give the eulogy.

His voice as Marvin in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was good, too. Largely forgotten, since the movie sucked SO badly.