Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still tipping at windmills, I see.

Although the reps of a 4th string quarterback in training camp would provide you all the premanufactured outrage necessary to complain about how Johnny isn't getting a chance. Nice strategy.

GO SABRES!!!

Sorry, but given the choice between a Sims- or Tuel-type, or a guy with actual talent who is a headcase, I'm taking the talent.

And frankly, I find the bolded downright offensive.

Sorry, but given the choice between a Sims- or Tuel-type, or a guy with actual talent who is a headcase, I'm taking the talent.

And frankly, I find the bolded downright offensive.

I doubt you were offended in the least, so I chuckled at that.

But your lack of insight and appreciation for the 4th QB reps in preseason is concerning. Johnny's ego and his legions of fans just wouldn't be able to hack the indignity of it all. Especially after he shreds Detroit's 4th string defense to lead a comeback in the final preseason game.

GO BILLS!!!

@yardbarker

Browns concerned about latest Johnny Manziel party videos http://dlvr.it/KKwQl7

We can't envision a situation where either Johnny Manziel or Robert Griffin III play with their current teams next season. The Cowboys, however, are another story.

The Tyrod Taylor hate is strong in this one...i dont disagree that manziel can be decent and better than EJ , but better then TT at this point? thats crazy talk. TT > Manziel. easily on work ethic alone. I remember a lot of people on this board during pre-season saying TT wouldnt make it as the starter past wk9...and hed be benched before week 17....well were at the end of the playoffs and TTs playing in the pro bowl as an alternate.....3k yards 500+ yards on the ground 24 TDs vs 7 Ints total and he is without a doubt our starter for the 2016 season....kinda funny how that played out.

How'd Bob Griffin do in his first year as a starter?

How's Bob Griffin done since?

I don't hate Tyrod. He seems to be a nice kid and a hard worker with a great attitude .... those things without talent/smarts will not win games long-term.

I think Manziel has more talent than Taylor. I think he's smarter (not common sense-wise; not more mature) than Taylor.

Don't confuse my opinion that Taylor is not a very good QB with me hating him, please. We've seen QB's like Taylor come into this league and make noise for a year, only to end up sucking after their irreparable weaknesses are exposed by defenses. I am guessing -- not hoping -- that he's just another one of those QBs.

That said, I'd like to have a backup QB who has the tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB because I think (again, not hope) that Taylor will be unseated as the starter before the end of next season.

@yardbarker

Browns concerned about latest Johnny Manziel party videos http://dlvr.it/KKwQl7

I suppose we don't know the full context of what elicited this, but I'm starting to think Sashi Brown is a total tool.

If Manziel was indeed, partying in Vegas when per team concussion protocol, he should have been 1) following advice for most rapid concussion healing, which suggests avoid bright lights, loud noise, etc etc 2) reporting to the team facility for medical check in/treatment, That's Wrong. Do something - fine the guy, discipline the guy, cut the guy, Whatevs.

If Manziel does indeed have an alcohol problem, impose whatever restrictions seem appropriate (no drinking). Then if he drinks, That's Wrong. Do something. Fine the guy, discpline the guy, cut the guy.

Otherwise - leave the kid the f*** alone. Sashi Brown "“I haven’t seen them, but I would care about it just because I want all of our guys to represent themselves well and be responsible in terms of their behavior off the field,” Brown told Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “We want all of our guys to go out and come back in shape and be ready to go. The thing for him obviously is to demonstrate to teammates, to our fans, and to folks in the building that this is going to be the most important thing in his life.”

It's perfectly possible for a young football player to go to a party or club, drink, and still be responsible and come back in shape and ready to go. Gronk has been known to party a time or thirty off season. So quit generating press around Johnny. Either you laid restrictions on him and you should hammer him with consequences for breaking them, or you didn't and you should shut up and tell the press "you're shocked, shocked that a healthy young 20-something wants to party down on an off-season Sunday. Now go find some real news". Don't give me this wishy-washy "just because I want all of our guys to represent themselves well and be responsible" bilgewater.

That said, I don't want Johnny Manziel anywhere near the Bills, not because he was partying at a club on Championship Sunday but because during the season, it still doesn't seem as though he Gets It and he was a high-risk to transition to a pro offense from the start. If Jerry Jones thinks he can help the Cowboys and picks him up, More Power To Him. And if it takes out Christie along the way, Bonus

I don't hate Tyrod. He seems to be a nice kid and a hard worker with a great attitude .... those things without talent/smarts will not win games long-term.

I think Manziel has more talent than Taylor. I think he's smarter (not common sense-wise; not more mature) than Taylor.

Don't confuse my opinion that Taylor is not a very good QB with me hating him, please. We've seen QB's like Taylor come into this league and make noise for a year, only to end up sucking after their irreparable weaknesses are exposed by defenses. I am guessing -- not hoping -- that he's just another one of those QBs.

That said, I'd like to have a backup QB who has the tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB because I think (again, not hope) that Taylor will be unseated as the starter before the end of next season.

Indeed, the hate is strong in this one.

I think what drew snarky responses from some of us, is the question of what evidence you have that Manziel is 1) smarter than Tyrod Taylor in a football-applicable sense 2) has the tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB.

Because I don't see it.

I think Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell are available too...

Bring 'em both in, give them a shot, they might get it this time. What have we got to lose? Isn't that the mantra?

I think what drew snarky responses from some of us, is the question of what evidence you have that Manziel is 1) smarter than Tyrod Taylor in a football-applicable sense 2) has the tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB.

Because I don't see it.

My son is a huge Manziel fan and we watched the games he played. I was not impressed. It would be a HUGE mistake to bring him to Buffalo. :thumbdown:

Why do some Bills fans think to resurrect these troubled or old players is a good idea. Take a solid draft pick to back up TT, see if we can find the old guy as a safety net like they did with Hasselback. Stay away from train wrecks like Manziel, or RG3 who was classy this year, but was a problem in Washington.

I have zero interest in either of these guys. Besides, crazy Jerry in Dallas will take one of them. Besides, they will cost too much. We don't have the $. This is not rocket science. We don't have the money, we don't have the money, we don't have the money. We blew it last year for those free agents. Whether you like the pics or not, and any restructuring, we'll be lucky to keep all of our talent.

Gug, Please DO tell me who will unseat our fine young QB? You can't possibly believe this player is currently on the team, can you?

I also agreed Manziel would be a better back up then Manuel. More talent than Taylor? IDK, That has yet to be seen since Ive seen both make incredible throws while extending plays, same with Taylors sophomore year a big question mark and defining answer to his future. Personally IDC wat Manziel does off the field, but the execs that run the business care about that bs and unfortunately thats gonna hold him back in this league. I wouldnt mind having him here as a back up as long as the price is low or we can unload Manuel on the Browns LOL

Edited by Marty McFly

I can't believe there are actually 6 pages of comments on Johnny football. He's just god awful as a QB.

Because he is controversial. any one who thinks of him as having NFL potential is a visionary or deluded.

Hope J.Jones is paying his bar/ lap dance tab.

Because he is controversial. any one who thinks of him as having NFL potential is a visionary or deluded.

Hope J.Jones is paying his bar/ lap dance tab.

Jerry has deep pockets, but that might be a bit much even for him! Might have to hock that Jumbotron?

Jerry has deep pockets, but that might be a bit much even for him! Might have to hock that Jumbotron?

Or a personal "cheerleader" or two

tough decisions for The Cowboys organization i suspect..

Edited by 3rdand12

Gug, Please DO tell me who will unseat our fine young QB? You can't possibly believe this player is currently on the team, can you?

Truth be told, I think the Bills would have gone no worse than (8-8) had EJ started 16 games this season. That said, I think EJ and Taylor are neck-and-neck, as far as having the ability to lead an NFL offense to the end zone when the team needs to score. So, no ... I don't think we have one better-than-average QB on the roster.

Hue Jackson has not met with Manziel

It's been two weeks since the Cleveland Browns named Hue Jackson their next head coach, but Jackson admitted Wednesday that he has yet to speak with quarterback Johnny Manziel.

"He just wasn't in the first batch of guys," Jackson told Cleveland.com at the Senior Bowl. "But he's definitely on our list."