Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference....HC is the top spot.

and

Rob Ryan has not sucked in every job he has had....he just hasnt had any sustained success

What is the difference between "no sustained success" and sucking? A defense ~20th or higher 9/11 years as DC isn't sucking?

Edited by FireChan

OK....having slept on it

First of all.....a lot of people call Rex Ryan an idiot around here......now he has had more failure then success but one thing Rex is NOT is an idiot....you don't survive in the NFL like Rex has and be a buffooon......so people that dont have the brain capacity to look deeper need to stop with that stuff. You like him or hate him.....Rex is not stupid.

So my next question becomes. What does Rex think that his brother can bring to this team that is missing.

Is it communication with the defensive players?

Dennis Thurman (in my opinion) does not appear to be a good communicator.....perhaps Dennis is a excellent coach but a bad seller or communicator to players? Perhaps Rob Ryan excells at this area?

Rob Ryan has not had sustained success as a defensive coordinator.....but he keeps getting DC jobs around the league....this means that NFL decision makers think he does in fact have something about him that would allow for him to be successful.

I am willing to wait till we see what this defense looks like next year before I pass judgement on it. Maybe this might be as simple as Rex is trying to convey something to Dennis Thurman......Thurman cant or is late conveying to the players..........and Rex and Rob are on the same wavelength

Sincerely,

Russ Brandon

16 consecutive seasons with no playoffs. Should be impossible with how the NFL is structured for parity. And a waiting list for season tickets. Hard to disagree with you.

Should be... unless you play in the AFC East with the New England Patriots who happened to build (and be given) a dynasty for the past 15 years.

Im not completely excusing the Bills by any means, but if we were in the AFC South this year (and other divisions other years), we'd be a regular playoff team. We have playoff level talent this year. Sure, we could have done better and possibly secured a WC spot, but my point is that the path to the playoffs is NOT the same for everyone.

Should be... unless you play in the AFC East with the New England Patriots who happened to build (and be given) a dynasty for the past 15 years.

Im not completely excusing the Bills by any means, but if we were in the AFC South this year (and other divisions other years), we'd be a regular playoff team. We have playoff level talent this year. Sure, we could have done better and possibly secured a WC spot, but my point is that the path to the playoffs is NOT the same for everyone.

it would provide more comfort to the situation if the other two teams in our division had the same type of drought.

You know there was another coach in the league that carried this same tag.....

His name was Jim Schwartz

Wrong, Schwartz had a better track record. A defense ~20 or higher 7/14 years in the NFL as a DC or HC.

Tell me what is the difference between no sustained success and sucking? Blaine Gabbert has had no sustained success. And he sucks.

Edited by FireChan

I personally cant wait to see Rob in action. This teams needs more bravado and machismo and I feel like Rex toned it down a bit once the weight of the season hit him. He needs an assistant to help light a fire under our fans, not sit back in the shadows, like Thurman does.

Rob should be the kind of guy to be able to juggle the Tim Grahams & Sullys, and at the same time, provide TBD with plenty of pitchfork material.

I personally cant wait to see Rob in action. This teams needs more bravado and machismo and I feel like Rex toned it down a bit once the weight of the season hit him. He needs an assistant to help light a fire under our fans, not sit back in the shadows, like Thurman does.

Rob should be the kind of guy to be able to juggle the Tim Grahams & Sullys, and at the same time, provide TBD with plenty of pitchfork material.

Yeah I def cannot get in the "support Rob Ryan" mode just yet....

I am more trying to understand WHY......I mean.....it has happened. You can either try to understand the decision or B word about it all offseason.

Some will choose to B word

You consider TWENTY or higher as some sort of high standard?

not to speak for FC but --- i wouldnt say its a high standard but there about is where i personally start to set the floor on "average" for most nfl rankings. if you are consistently lower than that over long periods its for sure a worry.