Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

What problem were the Bills having that hiring Rob Ryan solves? How, exactly, does this make the team any better?

There are reasons to believe it does.

There are reasons to believe it does not.

Only a fool would profess to know. Unless, of course they are in the employ of the Buffalo Bills. I get the impression that's not the case for most of us.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You consider TWENTY or higher as some sort of high standard?

20 or higher is bad. Like fireable bad. Pick whatever parameter you want.

Go ahead. Look at these and tell me they were comparable in success.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/RyanRo0.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SchwJi0.htm

Schwartz years average defense (16th) or better. 7/15 years in the NFL.

Robbie years average defense (16th) or better. 3/12 years in the NFL.

With Rob Ryan, the rule is your defense isn't just not going to be good, it's gonna to SUCK. It's sucked 9 seasons he's been a DC. He's only had an above average defense 3 times in his whole freaking career!

What is the difference between no sustained success and sucking?

not to speak for FC but --- i wouldnt say its a high standard but there about is where i personally start to set the floor on "average" for most nfl rankings. if you are consistently lower than that over long periods its for sure a worry.

Yep. I used that this time. By any parameter, Rob Ryan has been bad, and worse than Schwartz.

Edited by FireChan

With Rob Ryan, the rule is your defense isn't just not going to be good, it's gonna to SUCK. It's sucked 9 seasons he's been a DC. He's only had an above average defense 3 times in his whole freaking career!

Yep. I used that this time. By anyy parameter, Rob Ryan has been bad, and worse than Schwartz.

I get where you're coming from, but I fail to see how it's relevant if Rob is taking any position other than DC.

;) Thought it was a pre-req that all responses on this site had to be snarky. Saw a guy get banned today for saying Pegulas should be fired so I guess I should tread lightly around these parts. Mods somewhat quick triggered after the weekend.

Really, who was that? I hate it when I'm the last to know.

I get where you're coming from, but I fail to see how it's relevant if Rob is taking any position other than DC.

I am operating under the assumption his role as assistant HC/defense means he will have an impact on implementing defensive schemes and gameplans. So basically assistant DC. I can't imagine his role will be anything less.

There are reasons to believe it does.

There are reasons to believe it does not.

Only a fool would profess to know. Unless, of course they are in the employ of the Buffalo Bills. I get the impression that's not the case for most of us.

Like?

SSIA Rob "too much salad for the bowl" Ryan 3709db9a4cd7f303dc4b6645c467259e.jpg

This is just what the Bills needed. The Rex Ryan debacle just got worse. He hires his idiot brother as assistant head coach. He hires the defensive coordinator who oversaw the worst defense in the history of the NFL!

WTF!!!!

I was hoping the Pegulas were smarter people. Apparently, I was wrong.

But on the flip side, how does his qualification of having being a good LB coach in the distant past makes him the ideal candidate for Asst HC/Defense ? In general, organizations create new positions when a great candidate becomes available but they don't have an existing spot for that person. Is this action implying he was that 'dying let him get away' candidate?

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Yeah I def cannot get in the "support Rob Ryan" mode just yet....

I am more trying to understand WHY......I mean.....it has happened. You can either try to understand the decision or B word about it all offseason.

Some will choose to B word

Or just accept it for what it is, and move on.

I am operating under the assumption his role as assistant HC/defense means he will have an impact on implementing defensive schemes and gameplans. So basically assistant DC. I can't imagine his role will be anything less.

Like?

On what planet would anyone with any level of experience with you burn calories to discuss anything positive about Rex Ryan and the Bills organization to satisfy your inquiry?

Not understanding the decision = bitching??

No....not undertanding the decision....that is where I am at

Acting like you already know the outcome of it and what a horrible decision it is = bitching

What problem were the Bills having that hiring Rob Ryan solves? How, exactly, does this make the team any better?

There are known communication issues with the players.....and I dont know if this makes the team any better in that regard.

On what planet would anyone with any level of experience with you burn calories to discuss anything positive about Rex Ryan and the Bills organization to satisfy your inquiry?

You seem to be a glutton for punishment. Let's hear it.

I eagerly await to contrast your opinion on what can do Robbie to help this defense with your long-documented opinion that any failures on the field fall mostly on the players. And I do mean eagerly.

Are you always this positive?

I don't pull the covers over my eyes.

Yep. I used that this time. By any parameter, Rob Ryan has been bad, and worse than Schwartz.

I didnt realize there was a rule....is that published somewhere?

If you subscribe to the theory that Bills pass defense and pass rush was a weakness, it doesn't hurt to add a defensive coach who's had decent success with pass defenses.