For Everyone Who Wanted Rex Fired...

My guess is most on this board would take Gase or Jackson with Schwartz or one of his disciples as DC over Rex and Roman.

I'm fine with Rex for another year. Terribly disappointed he could not work with Schwartz and just add some of his 46 principles to the existing defense.

And why the hell can't Mario just play DE like he wants?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've made a tangential point in order to criticize me. That's your MO. I get it.

Weo is correct, though.

The truth is that each offseason the potential coaching candidates always seem weak........because they are old coaches looking for jobs who've had mixed bag results.....like actual SB winners Shanahan/Billick/Coughlin.........and failed retreads like Josh McDaniels and first time candidates and college coaches who are as yet undistinguished as pro HC's.

The available field only seems to have been better IN RETROSPECT.

I still think Hue Jackson is going to be a successful HC.

Rex impressed me with the in-game changes he made after the KC game, and how he got a bit more "serious" as the season ended. He really contained himself with respect to sweeping the Jets and knocking them out of the playoffs. I think he is embarrassed by how the defense performed and will spare no expense to fix it.

The people who believe Rex is a dummy really don't get it. I'm not predicting he will lead the Bills to the promised land, but he's not the idiot some would have you believe. I see evidence of growth as a HC.

So, where did you get those rose-colored glasses? I still can't believe that a head coach with Rex's experience responded to a question about why he didn't challenge a play call with "because they didn't show the replay on the video board".

Weo is correct, though.

The truth is that each offseason the potential coaching candidates always seem weak........because they are old coaches looking for jobs who've had mixed bag results.....like actual SB winners Shanahan/Billick/Coughlin.........and failed retreads like Josh McDaniels and first time candidates and college coaches who are as yet undistinguished as pro HC's.

The available field only seems to have been better IN RETROSPECT.

That's not even remotely what I was responding to in the quoted reply.

That's not even remotely what I was responding to in the quoted reply.

And my point is that his point was correct........whether you liked the delivery or not.

You spent a good deal of time last offseason talking up Rex and his D..........and they were a miserable failure.

That's why you started this thread.

Admit you were wrong........hope for improvement in the future........and move on.

Eh. I was big fan of the Ryan hire. I never imagined in a million years our defense would be this bad. But he did a bad job this year but I'm also not a fan of firing coaches after one year (unless a total disaster occurred).

That said, it's silly to pretend how good a potential new coach might be. NE fans probably weren't thrilled when Belichick was hired. Ron Riveria was hardly a "sexy" hire. Bruce Arians was like 60 and had never been hired as a head coach when Arizona hired him.

You never know and one of these hired coaches might end up being better than Ryan.

And my point is that his point was correct........whether you liked the delivery or not.

You spent a good deal of time last offseason talking up Rex and his D..........and they were a miserable failure.

That's why you started this thread.

Admit you were wrong........hope for improvement in the future........and move on.

:lol:

You don't read good.

My beef with Rex was how unprepared he seemed in games, like he didn't have a complete grip on what was going on. Will that be better next year? Hope so.

That was a failing in NJ too. Not sure how much change we should expect. He needs to be "forced" to bring in someone to take on this role.

:lol:

You don't read good.

Let me summarize and you tell me where I read wrong. :thumbsup:

WEO: When the best you can say about the HC is "at least he's not one of these guys", you probably should resist the urge to start at thread like this...

You: You've made a tangential point in order to criticize me. That's your MO. I get it.

Me: Weo is right. And furthermore HC candidates never look good.

Yeah, I guess I misread. :rolleyes:

Get over it.......you spent the offseason smugly poo-pooing any concerns over Rex D...............why? I don't know...........and then they sucked and you got some egg on your face.

We are laughing at you.......you can roll with it or you can keep trying to justify your original take.

I'd prefer you keep trying to justify your original take. :lol:

Can't we all just get along ???

What did you just call me?

Do you even know who my Dad is?

you are in so much trouble!

just wait till he gets home.

Well, but how boring would that be? This site is interesting because a bunch of fairly knowledgeable fans get together and disagree and debate. That's cool.

Some take it personally, which isn't cool, but it's kind of inevitable.

Actually even the disagreers aren't too awful. Great dialogue.

No one should take it personal.

Tolerance compassion understanding are all virtuous.

And have no place here.

:devil:

Let me summarize and you tell me where I read wrong. :thumbsup:

WEO: When the best you can say about the HC is "at least he's not one of these guys", you probably should resist the urge to start at thread like this...

You: You've made a tangential point in order to criticize me. That's your MO. I get it.

Me: Weo is right. And furthermore HC candidates never look good.

Yeah, I guess I misread. :rolleyes:

Get over it.......you spent the offseason smugly poo-pooing any concerns over Rex D...............why? I don't know...........and then they sucked and you got some egg on your face.

We are laughing at you.......you can roll with it or you can keep trying to justify your original take.

I'd prefer you keep trying to justify your original take. :lol:

You're laughing at me?

Because the professional football team you profess to like underperformed?

Nice life.

I was not a fan of the hire, but I tried to get behind it and give him a chance. I gradually learned to hate the hire and was vocal about my feelings. Having said that, The Pegula's are more wise and patient than I am. As much as I wanted him out, that would be the wrong thing to do. I admit it, despite my emotional reaction all season. Now figure it out, Rex.