For Everyone Who Wanted Rex Fired...

I like that every time a coach is fired quickly elsewhere, the general reaction around here is 'wtf, what a **** show over there, why wouldn't they give the coach time??'

And here we don't even want to give a coach 6 games before wanting to fire them.

Emotions are fun.

Bills fans are so bruised and beaten, the heart rules the head, and the coaching debate is the 17th game each season.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close your eyes.

Now imagine--if you can--a wondrous universe wherein this thread has nothing to do with Rex.

Yeah the OP tried to steer it away with the title =)

among the retreads there are 6 career winning coaches- I think coughlin is a great hire for whomever lands him.

I believe trestman will make the most of his second chance and Lovie is a decent coach who I expect to land on his feet.

Shanny could go either way

Last year the Bills entered into a coaching search involuntarily. And got the best available one, on paper.

I never said the two camps were equal. I'm also not admitting they aren't. But there are most certainly Jets fans who miss Rex. And quite frankly, with the roster Bowles had this year...and WITH CONTINUITY OF HIS DEFENSIVE SYSTEM...and with the addition of Chan, they would have been a force this year. If you think otherwise, then fine.

Tomsula is a terrible example. Anything the Niners have done over the past 18 months would be a terrible example for how things should be done.

Being mentioned as solid HC candidates? Yet: https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/685144990536736768

It would be impossible to argue otherwise!

The decision to micromanage or not micromanage is a coaching one. Neither is right, neither is wrong. But Bills players most certainly had an abrupt change in this department from 2014 to 2015.

Can you explain to me why "on paper" Rex was a better HC candidate than John Fox?

Mediocrity and the BIlls go hand in hand!

Last night my brother ( who is not a Bills fan ) sent me a whatsapp message: "I watched the Bills end of year press conference. You sure Rex Ryan is your guy? The IQ in this league is not very high, players and coaches"

So even a non Bills fan who caught this interview, who has no dog in this fight, saw the fraud that Wrecks Ryan is.

Mediocrity and the BIlls go hand in hand!

Last night my brother ( who is not a Bills fan ) sent me a whatsapp message: "I watched the Bills end of year press conference. You sure Rex Ryan is your guy? The IQ in this league is not very high, players and coaches"

So even a non Bills fan who caught this interview, who has no dog in this fight, saw the fraud that Wrecks Ryan is.

Who was a bigger fraud than Doug Marrone?

No. I'm not saying that. At all.

Well, hiring "the best coach on paper available" isn't really a great move when better coaches suddenly become available later, right? It's like saying it was great drafting the best QB from the 2013 draft.

Edited by FireChan

Well, hiring "the best coach on paper available" isn't really a great move when better coaches suddenly become available later, right? It's like saying it was great drafting the best QB from the 2013 draft.

I answered your question. Per always, your cockamamie inferences are of virtually no relevance.

Not that he is in he NFL, but Saban has had a pretty good run as a former Bellicheck disciple. Obrien and Groh as well are successful, again at the college level.

Saban had a losing record with the Dolphins and quit after assuring them he would not. Al Groh? He was a Parcells' assistant. So the only one from the Belicheck tree with a winning record in the NFL is O'Brien. Edited by chris heff

Year 2 of system should yield better offense. Won't wait half the season before throwing a ball Sammys way in 16

Let's get healthy on D and win some games. I'm back on the kool aid, that jets game worked wonders.

Keep sipping on that Kool Aid because we're ending up with the same record next year that we had this year. We'll be back in the coaching search soon enough.