Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Benigni Verified account ‏@AdamBenigni

Can confirm @JeremyWGR report on Whaley extension that I'm told is designed to coincide with the remaining four years on Ryan's deal. @wgrz

They're in this together.

Whaley's on the same 1 year leash, but he just doesn't know it.

Think about it: you want your coach to feel that pressure and produce immediate results, but you still want your GM thinking long-term.

They're in this together.

Whaley's on the same 1 year leash, but he just doesn't know it.

Think about it: you want your coach to feel that pressure and produce immediate results, but you still want your GM thinking long-term.

For sure. They didn't want Whaley on a lame duck contract. And if they were both jettisoned before their contracts were up, it wouldn't be the first time.

GM and other front office contracts typically expire in May after the draft, so doubt this would have any bearing.

or this report is BS.

Unless they have taken cues from the Blue Jays in Toronto and are going to give Whaley a revolving open ended contract like their manager has where if he isn't fired before January he had an additional year added to his deal (so he is never in the final year of his deal)

Joking aside, what are people's theories as to why Carucci is getting it wrong? (Caveat: Whaley could still get fired after this season even with the extension.) Someone who works in the organization must really not like Whaley. Presumably that's not Brandon. Maybe someone on Rex's team who got the ultimatum and figured it applied to Whaley too? Combined with the Roman stuff, that's the only thing I can think of. But really, I have no idea.