Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i'll repeat before my post gets completely lost.]: Joking aside, what are people's theories as to why Carucci is getting it wrong? (Caveat: Whaley could still get fired after this season even with the extension.) Someone who works in the organization must really not like Whaley. Presumably that's not Brandon. Maybe someone on Rex's team who got the ultimatum and figured it applied to Whaley too? Combined with the Roman stuff, that's the only thing I can think of. But really, I have no idea.

Pegula's might pay people to go away who are already under contract, but to give Whaley an extension in the face of an ultimatum would be throwing money away, if playoffs did not come next season. Doesn't make sense.

There are 250 days between now and Sept. 11, 2016, which is when I assume the Bills will play their next game.

That means 250 more days of speculation, false reports, conflicting information, targeted leaks, checking the status of private jets, etc. before the next time the team takes the field for a meaningful game, which is kind of the point of it all. And for the 16th straight year, it all starts while other teams are gearing up for the postseason.

F5!

why is Vic the Bills "beat writer?" he is so out of touch. put him behind a desk somewhere and leave the reporting to the young guys. this is going to be very expensive for El Pegual if Whaley and Rex are on multi year deals and we regress again next year and they are fired

why is Vic the Bills "beat writer?" he is so out of touch. put him behind a desk somewhere and leave the reporting to the young guys. this is going to be very expensive for El Pegual if Whaley and Rex are on multi year deals and we regress again next year and they are fired

Because Mark Gaughan moved to covering other sports for TBN.

Do you work for TMZ?

No, sir. It just seems to me that there is always a source about Whaley's demise that is out of the ordinary. Could be professional jealousy on the part of someone, but this was going on during Marrone's tenure as well. Nobody can hate like an angry woman. Anyway, just conjecture on my part trying to make sense of something that is odd. Probably shouldn't posit such theories.

Age is no factor. Connections are. Plenty of "young" reporters get things wrong too or trade in conjecture. LaCanfora is young.

Maybe the "one more year" story is more directed at Rex? I'm OK with that too.

That would make less sense. Rex is signed to the same amount of years and for more money. This is simply saying "you are in together because no other GM candidate is going to take this job with Rex already here and I'm not firing him after one season. Here is some extra money in case I do fire both of you next year."

I am good with this. I think that Whaley has done a nice job. There is playoff talent on this team.

YEP!

The timing of these conflicting reports is as hilarious as the poor timing of this ad:

4pvMlfg.gif

Hilarious!!!!!! Especially since it really happened!!!