Pegula gives Whaley,Ryan 1 year to fix Bills? (BN retracts!)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic Carucci has been wrong ALL SEASON. Every story he's tried to establish has blown up in his face, from Polian to Cassel to Rex losing the team, now this.

Carucci somehow has a decent reputation for a guy who is always just trying to stir stuff up. He takes pride in coining "The Bickering Bills" but people seem to forget how much he instigated that, too. I can't be the only one who remembers the Thurman Thomas post-game where he went off on Vic.

Carucci sucks.

Again I worked in the business for a few years - this usually means you have decided to go with a story based on some hearsay and supposition thinking "it sounds a reasonable enough line in the circumstances" and then the same day something blows up that discredits your supposition and assumptions. I don't know if that has happened here but I know the industry. Vic pieced what he knew together came up with an assumption and then said it was based on information from an unknown source. The Bills should ask for a formal public apology.

Again I worked in the business for a few years - this usually means you have decided to go with a story based on some hearsay and supposition thinking "it sounds a reasonable enough line in the circumstances" and then the same day something blows up that discredits your supposition and assumptions. I don't know if that has happened here but I know the industry. Vic pieced what he knew together came up with an assumption and then said it was based on information from an unknown source. The Bills should ask for a formal public apology.

I think they should just sit back and let them stew in their own ridiculousness.

I can see Terry and Kim saying they will continue course for one more year and will then re evaluate things then. That it's ultimately very important to see progress as an organization and should they see evidence that the organization is dysfunctional, they won't hesitate to blow it up, eat the contracts and start over. Two of those penalties of the undisciplined type were on Rex himself. He needs to set a better example and hold his players to it.

Is that an ultimatum or is that normal, NFL owner operations?

The most interesting question to me is not whether Vic Carucci is good or not; it's why he's reporting the info he's reporting and (secondly) where he's getting that info from. Those are much more important questions. He's not making this stuff up on his own, you can be sure of that.

Interesting to read Tyler contradicting Vic.

If I recall, Dunne, who is a bit younger, covered the Packers, prior to coming to Buffalo. As the Packers have only been slightly ( :rolleyes: ) more relevant than the Bills for the last 15 years or so, my guess is that he has much better contacts at this point, outside the normal BN circle of friends, on a more national level. He likely knows people nationally who have insiders at OBD, that the BN old guard (Sully, Gleason and Carruci) don't have ins with.

The most interesting question to me is not whether Vic Carucci is good or not; it's why he's reporting the info he's reporting and (secondly) where he's getting that info from. Those are much more important questions. He's not making this stuff up on his own, you can be sure of that.

My "in" at OBD is gone over the last two seasons, but my guess is that it is one of the old guard Bills front office people (like Scott Brechtold, as somebody suggested, or somebody along those lines) who has a good relationship with the old guard Buffalo News sports staff...particularly Carruci who has been there longer than anyone at this point, even minus his couple of seasons in Cleveland. As for "why" they are saying it? Who knows...but there is a lot of jealousy and pettiness that goes on in every work place. As for why VIc would report it? That is a good question...my guess is that, at this point, everyone wants to be first with everything, everyone wants to make news...I have no doubt that Carruci is under pressure to get scoops, or break news...it is how pretty much all of our media works now...story first, who cares if it is true!

Edited by Buftex

I'll say what I've been saying since last summer when Vic came back "home" -- it's a brave new world for him and he's a fish out of water. He's likely relying upon old contacts who aren't really in the know, and putting anything he gets out there in an effort to "scoop" the young'uns and bloggers.

I have visions of Vic standing on the sidelines at training camp fumbling with his company-issued smartphone, making typos because he can't get his thumbs to hit the right keys but needing to get "one of those Twitter things" out there as quickly as possible.

The only problem I have with a statement like that is, in my mind, if I'm a GM and I need to get it right I'm not looking towards the future and building. So, that means not drafting a QB to groom because I may not be here. I would role with Taylor and if next year goes well and I get an extension, then I select a QB. I would probably draft less high risk players. I'm looking for guys who can start right away.

Ok,then, it is the correct approach, if they can't get this team to the playoffs with the talent that they have, then they

would probably blow it with a franchise ab as well.

It's a great litmus test for sexy next year!

Edited by Tu-Toned

These false leaks are hurting the credibility of this organization. Somebody needs to be held accountable. I feel bad for the Pegulas, they bail out this community and all they are getting is a circus from the local media despite doing the right thing with consistency and keeping a good head coach and GM.

I'll say what I've been saying since last summer when Vic came back "home" -- it's a brave new world for him and he's a fish out of water. He's likely relying upon old contacts who aren't really in the know, and putting anything he gets out there in an effort to "scoop" the young'uns and bloggers.

I have visions of Vic standing on the sidelines at training camp fumbling with his company-issued smartphone, making typos because he can't get his thumbs to hit the right keys but needing to get "one of those Twitter things" out there as quickly as possible.

Could be. You would think he'd learn by now that his OBD source doesn't have juice. I keep going back to Polian, although I may be wrong.

These false leaks are hurting the credibility of this organization. Somebody needs to be held accountable. I feel bad for the Pegulas, they bail out this community and all they are getting is a circus from the local media despite doing the right thing with consistency and keeping a good head coach and GM.

If I'm the Pegulas I secretly put a tail on Vic Carucci who reports back on anyone in the organization he speaks to.

I'm not kidding. Vic has been the consistent TBN source of unsubstantiated rumors.

This was a good way to kill any credibility from a journalist. Whoever he got the inside info from doesn't know whats going on either. Interesting stuff that tends to linger now that the season is over.