Pegula gives Whaley,Ryan 1 year to fix Bills? (BN retracts!)

YoloinOhio

Well, no. But what does that have to do with anything?

it's the quintessential 'loaded' question,. that your 'make **** up' comment reminded me of.. i'm agreeing with you. :thumbsup:

"A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt)." ~ wikipedia

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the quintessential 'loaded' question,. that your 'make **** up' comment reminded me of.. i'm agreeing with you. :thumbsup:

"A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt)." ~ wikipedia

I know, I was joking along... I'm terrible at joking along.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Vic. His "source" at OBD, who clearly has ulterior motives, is making him look incompetent.

Leroi?

If he continually drinks from the same poisoned well and thinks it tastes sweet, I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I hear ya, but you know he just longs for the "good old days" when the beat reporters had an "in" with the team and got the straight scoop. Now he's just fighting to stay relevant with the kids and bloggers. It's sad.

If I'm Terry and Kim, I'd give Rex one more year as well to fix the defense and get this team into the playoffs. If Whaley has another solid draft why wouldn't you keep him? If Rex can't fix the defense but the offense continues to improve, I'd name Roman as HC and find a proven D coordinator whose scheme fits our players.

At what point should an owner demand accountability? And what would those metrics be for measuring performance?

After 16 years, the owner does not want to be in the podium next year and having to make excuses for yet another non-playoff year. In the NFL, one of the enduring measures of success is qualifying for the playoffs. Goals of a championship can come later, but for now we should be happy that the owner is putting his foot down.

Problem is that we are so used to mediocrity, that many are always ready to make pre emptive excuses. I am beyond that point

I have no problem with Pegula clearing house next year if they fail to live up to his expectations -- but it's the "after 16 years" part of your statement that doesn't fit. The Pegulas are not responsible for 15 of those years, only one. The way DW is able to run the team has changed drastically since the ownership change and during his tenure (which includes a bridge year) he improved the quality of the roster tremendously.

The mistake a lot of fans are making is using the past regime (under Ralph's penny pinching ownership) as some sort of guide for what will transpire under the Pegula's ownership. It's folly because this is an entirely new organization from soup to nuts. They've had exactly one full year with this grouping of owners, front office personnel, and coaches... and they finished 8-8. A disappointment, absolutely, but not a dumpster fire.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Buffalo News now reporting that no ultimatum has been issued.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/05/source-bills-working-on-a-contract-extension-with-doug-whaley/

The source said that there was no one-year ultimatum given to Whaley and Ryan. Earlier Tuesday, a team source told The News' Vic Carucci that such a meeting occurred between Whaley, Ryan and Pegula about a week ago.

Buffalo News now reporting that no ultimatum has been issued.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/05/source-bills-working-on-a-contract-extension-with-doug-whaley/

The retraction saves TBN from being The National Enquirer on this one....yikes...next headline will be alien babies in Lackawanna...or Jennifer Garner and Katy Perry in torrid affair.... B-)

LOL

Something odd is going on here.

Still say this was on purpose TFP.....send a message...build a media bully...