Incognito's big priority: re-sign with the Bills

‏@BuffaloWins

PFF had Incognito ranked as the 4th best guard in the NFL. The top 10 guards salary cap hit this past year was 6-8.5 million a year

He is an older player (32?), coming off a great year with a last chance, career-saving team. I could see him come reasonably and sign a deal that keeps him here through the end of his career. 4 year, 25 million

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is an older player (32?), coming off a great year with a last chance, career-saving team. I could see him come reasonably and sign a deal that keeps him here through the end of his career. 4 year, 25 million

3 years and 10-12m hopefully. It's a quick drop in pay after the elite and as an aging guy with baggage there will be reason to put him second tier and not pay him like a guy coming into his prime

NoSaint is cheap.

All jokes aside, that'd be a steal IMO

The 12m would put him right about 16th in the league for average pay. Among 64 starting guards that's the edge of the top quarter.

The 4 year 25 you mentioned puts him essentially as the 7th highest average.

Evan Mathis, as a good guard that was 33 at signing was a 1 year 3.25 deal and PFFs #7 overall graded player in the league the year prior (top 10 for 3 years)

Similar ages, some off field judgement questions for each.... I don't think Richie gets a 4 year deal for double his pay but maybe

The 12m would put him right about 16th in the league for average pay. Among 64 starting guards that's the edge of the top quarter.

The 4 year 25 you mentioned puts him essentially as the 7th highest average.

Evan Mathis, as a good guard that was 33 at signing was a 1 year 3.25 deal and PFFs #7 overall graded player in the league the year prior (top 10 for 3 years)

Similar ages, some off field judgement questions for each.... I don't think Richie gets a 4 year deal for double his pay but maybe

Great post, thanks for the numbers and the insight. When you put it in perspective, it seems more reasonable.

Thanks NoSaint

Great post, thanks for the numbers and the insight. When you put it in perspective, it seems more reasonable.

Thanks NoSaint

Always comes with a "we will see" disclaimer, but I'm hopeful. Sometimes things like timing or alternatives available or just having the right GMs notice your film and not care about baggage can sway it a lot

I dont remember the exact question that was asked to Richie on the news tonight however in his answer he said "when we come back in the spring". To me that says he has decided to stay and Bills brass is planning on keeping him. Thats great news if it is the case. Sorry I dont have a link.

Edited by billsfan_34

Always comes with a "we will see" disclaimer, but I'm hopeful. Sometimes things like timing or alternatives available or just having the right GMs notice your film and not care about baggage can sway it a lot

would you suggest Bills balk or dare say no to Richie's agents counter offers.

He does have Bills by the short hairs if he chooses to use leverage.

I sure hope this ends well. as with Glenn. I would LOVE a couple years of Continuity on the line !

Please Santa?

I dont remember the exact question that was asked to Richie on the news tonight however in his answer he said "when we come back in the spring". To me that says he has decided to stay and Bills brass is planning on keeping him. Thats great news if it is the case. Sorry I dont have a link.

To me, that says that he has decided to stay and Bills brass will do something inexplicably stupid resulting in him being in New England in July.