Whaley & Rex End of Season Presser; 1 Year to Fix the Team?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounded to me like the bills are prepared to surrender all their draft picks, pursue no outside free agents and keep 100% of the roster in tact.

Rex and Dougs favorite word of the day?

Confidence.

It's kinda the GB and Pittsburgh model. Draft well and keep your top end talent.

It's kinda the GB and Pittsburgh model. Draft well and keep your top end talent.

As it should be.

Now only if we keep drafting well

I understand the handcuff of spending so much last year, sounds like to me that it'll be a defensive heavy offseason

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

More importantly, draft a franchise QBs who hangs around for 12-15 years.

In all seriousness, though, the Bills seem pretty set at QB for the time being. Taylor is a smart, playmaking leader that no DC wants to face. He was great yesterday in tough conditions against a great run defense.

Edited by dave mcbride

In all seriousness, though, the Bills seem pretty set at QB for the time being. Taylor is a smart, playmaking leader that no DC wants to face.

The 2nd year is so key. Teams watch video and make big adjustments. RG3 (injury was a big part) and Nick Foles are two guys who struggle to follow up successful years.

But it was a nice start for Taylor. Our offense needs to be more consistent. Far too many 3 and outs and lags in scoring.

Jerry Sullivan already has his "Pay the man" column written. Just like he did for Fitz.

He's such an annoying little geek.

In all seriousness, though, the Bills seem pretty set at QB for the time being. Taylor is a smart, playmaking leader that no DC wants to face. He was great yesterday in tough conditions against a great run defense.

I would bet the shore up what they can this draft & FA while riding TT out. We should know within the first couple months of next season what we need to do. Hopefully a cap increase and dead money off the books we can go after a few FAs and god forbid make a move in the draft to grab a QB if TT is not the answer. If he is... B-)

The 2nd year is so key. Teams watch video and make big adjustments. RG3 (injury was a big part) and Nick Foles are two guys who struggle to follow up successful years.

But it was a nice start for Taylor. Our offense needs to be more consistent. Far too many 3 and outs and lags in scoring.

He's such an annoying little geek.

TT showed me a lot in that Jets game. He played great in what was a very meaningful game against a team with a near-elite defense.

TT showed me a lot in that Jets game. He played great in what was a very meaningful game against a team with a near-elite defense.

Don't disagree. I do think Taylor gets a pass more than past Bills Qbs. He had 7 games of less than 215 yards passing, including 6 under 200. We used to rip Qbs for that.

That said, he has great poise and his td to int ratio is tremendous. That is a hard stat to repeat however. Right now, I see Taylor as a good game manager but not a qb who can carry a team. That's why I would wait on an extension.

Don't disagree. I do think Taylor gets a pass more than past Bills Qbs. He had 7 games of less than 215 yards passing, including 6 under 200. We used to rip Qbs for that.

That said, he has great poise and his td to int ratio is tremendous. That is a hard stat to repeat however. Right now, I see Taylor as a good game manager but not a qb who can carry a team. That's why I would wait on an extension.

OK, for comparisons sake, Aaron Rodgers, considered one of the top, if not the top, QBs in the NFL, had 6 games of less than 215 yards and 3 games under 200 yards. He finished with 31 TD passes and only 8 INTs. He did not have a great year by his standards but this was his 8th season as starter. The team had a poor year but may have not made the playoffs without him.

I think Tyrod had a similar impact on the Bills season. Time will tell if he can repeat or improve on what he did this season.

The Bills need to let go of Harvin and Goodwin as they can't stay healthy as well as Hogan who is slow and inconsistent. They need a real #2 WR and better depth at WR. Maybe then, we'll see Taylor's passing yards go up.