2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

I think they'll be considering Lynch, Cook, and Hack at 19.

Personally, I think Cook and Hackenburg are worth a shot, since they have an opportunity to take in the game for year as Tyrod's backup. By all indications, they're smart and can make all the throws. The only reason I would be hesitant is that they aren't the dynamic runners Roman likes. How willing is he to work with a prominently pocket passer? Idk. He did well with Alex Smith, who is mobile enough, but then they let him go in favor of the dynamic running QB.

Back to Cook and Hack. To make a bold statement: In terms of former Bills QBs, I see a potential Kelly or Bledsoe.

A good article. No one is questioning that kid's football IQ. That's for sure.

The Pegulas' ties to Penn State make it interesting.

I'd just like to point out that EJ Manuel's college completion % was significantly higher (I think 10 percentage points) than Conner Cook's or Hackenberg's. In fact, Manuel's NFL completion % is higher than Cook's and Hackenberg's college completion %.

I know that isn't the whole story, but I would not want to pass up a much higher rated DL for either of those guys. I don't know enough about Lynch to say, but from what I've read he has a long way to go.

If just smarts and want-to are all it takes to succeed at QB in the NFL, then EJ Manuel would be very good. By all accounts, he is smart and works very hard. He clearly has all the necessary physical talent.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting defense in the 1st is fine. I thought we were talking about taking a developmental guy?

The Bills haven't drafted a QB in 3 years.

You're a hard person to talk to. Just building straw men and getting easily offended.

You're wasting your time. It's hard to argue with someone who just makes pronouncements with nothing to back it up.

The ability to always find an excuse not to draft a QB is a huge reason we have been on the outside looking in for 16 years.

Really like Vernon Adams

I am not looking for someone to supplant TT........I am am looking for a QB that will knock EJ off the 2nd QB spot and hold a clipboard and win a few games a year when called upon.

So, you don't want to draft an eventual starter; you will happily spend a draft pick on a guy who will ride the pine for his career and maybe play in a game or three a season?

Did you not read my post out of ignorance?

Like I said. This is one of the deepest defensive classes and defensive heavy draft. Do you need me to emphasize that more?

Great defensive draft class. Weak QB class...Great defensive class. Weak QB class. Do the math.

If this was a strong QB class, let's pick one up in the 1st! We should be playing to the draft's strengths. Not forcing the situation.

I am right so why not get better at the other positions. Again. Tunnel vision. So you just wanna draft a QB every year and just hope he develops into a good QB? Dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Lighten up Francis.

my vision's 20/20. maybe you should get yourself a walker because your jokes are coming up lame.

you really need to loosen up and stop taking yourself so seriously, seriously dude.

The Carson Wentz hype train is at maximum speed. The bandwagon is full. No more tickets.

Report: Bills met with QB Lynch

The Bills met with a host of prospects at the NFL Scouting Combine this past week. Not surprisingly, one was a quarterback according to a report.

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Memphis QB Paxton Lynch had a formal interview with the Bills along with about half the league in Indianapolis.

Lynch is widely viewed as part of the second tier of quarterbacks in the 2016 draft class behind top QBs Carson Wentz and Jared Goff.

I hate to say it but I've felt like Hackenberg seems like a guy the Bills could go after. As he has the Pegula PSU connection, Polian also referenced him as a guy that he told us to not over draft. He seems like a guy I could see us reaching for in Round 2 for in an effort to avoid him going to Houston.

I'd just like to point out that EJ Manuel's college completion % was significantly higher (I think 10 percentage points) than Conner Cook's or Hackenberg's. In fact, Manuel's NFL completion % is higher than Cook's and Hackenberg's college completion %.

I know that isn't the whole story, but I would not want to pass up a much higher rated DL for either of those guys. I don't know enough about Lynch to say, but from what I've read he has a long way to go.

If just smarts and want-to are all it takes to succeed at QB in the NFL, then EJ Manuel would be very good. By all accounts, he is smart and works very hard. He clearly has all the necessary physical talent.

Everyone who follows the draft knows we over drafted EJ. He was a Round 2/3 draft by most reports. The reason people are higher on Cook is he's coming from a pro style offense and MSU has had some success at putting out QBs in the NFL more than FSU has. I like Cook but you bring up valid points with his competition percentage it is a little worrisome as admit like guys who can hit 62-67% of their passes.

I hate to say it but I've felt like Hackenberg seems like a guy the Bills could go after. As he has the Pegula PSU connection, Polian also referenced him as a guy that he told us to not over draft. He seems like a guy I could see us reaching for in Round 2 for in an effort to avoid him going to Houston.

Everyone who follows the draft knows we over drafted EJ. He was a Round 2/3 draft by most reports. The reason people are higher on Cook is he's coming from a pro style offense and MSU has had some success at putting out QBs in the NFL more than FSU has. I like Cook but you bring up valid points with his competition percentage it is a little worrisome as admit like guys who can hit 62-67% of their passes.

Of the prospects, I'd probably cut Hackenberg the most slack because he was constantly under duress on an under-manned Penn State team that had lost many scholarships. Still, in spite of those lost scholarships, Penn State likely still had a lot more talent than most college teams - just not elite talent.

Of the prospects, I'd probably cut Hackenberg the most slack because he was constantly under duress on an under-manned Penn State team that had lost many scholarships. Still, in spite of those lost scholarships, Penn State likely still had a lot more talent than most college teams - just not elite talent.

That's why QBs are so hard to judge. I always feel QBs are a product of their surrounding parts but Hackenberg's stats aren't all that impressive. I could see taking him in Round 4 but any sooner to me is a bit of a reach.

That's why QBs are so hard to judge. I always feel QBs are a product of their surrounding parts but Hackenberg's stats aren't all that impressive. I could see taking him in Round 4 but any sooner to me is a bit of a reach.

I agree. There are a lot of guys that can look good in college when playing behind a dominant OL with 5 minutes to choose which of 3 wide open receivers to throw to. You can't predict which of those guys can process information quickly enough to thrive under pressure and can throw to receivers who are barely open.