2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

YOU'RE talking about taking a developmental guy that doesn't exist. We can probably find better defensive talent in the 4th and 5th round than we can find a QBin the late first of this year's draft. Safety, LB, DT, DE, WR, K, OT, OG are all positions I would take before I even think about taking a developmental QB in this year's draft. I'd rather take a kicker like Roberto Aguayo in the 4th than waste one on a QB this year.

Guys like Jones and Prescott seem like worthwhile developmental guys if both the team and player were serious about it, like the Ravens and Tyrod. Idk about Jones, but Prescott seems to be willing to put in the work and he fits Roman's offense. That's a pick that would make sense for the Bills, no matter what our opinions on Prescott's potential may be. I'm sure this would be just as divisive for the scouts in the Bills' draft meetings.

Edited by LeGOATski

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys like Jones and Prescott seem like worthwhile developmental guys if both the team and player were serious about it, like the Ravens and Tyrod. Idk about Jones, but Prescott seems to be willing to put in the work and he fits Roman's offense. That's a pick that would make sense for the Bills, no matter what our opinions on Prescott's potential may be. I'm sure this would be just as divisive for the scouts in the Bills' draft meetings.

lol. OK so if the player and team was serious about it, the QB is gonna turn out to be good? Makes sense. Sold!!!

I already know we're taking a QB in this year's draft. He'll be a FA within 2-3 years.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

lol. OK so if the player and team was serious about it, the QB is gonna turn out to be good? Makes sense. Sold!!!

I already know we're taking a QB in this year's draft. He'll be a FA within 2-3 years.

I'm not dealing a definite determination, but yeah, it makes sense. It's ok if you don't like it.

allow me to change the conversation a bit.

who do we think will be there at 19?

and then, is that someone worth taking by the Bills?

I think they'll be considering Lynch, Cook, and Hack at 19.

Personally, I think Cook and Hackenburg are worth a shot, since they have an opportunity to take in the game for year as Tyrod's backup. By all indications, they're smart and can make all the throws. The only reason I would be hesitant is that they aren't the dynamic runners Roman likes. How willing is he to work with a prominently pocket passer? Idk. He did well with Alex Smith, who is mobile enough, but then they let him go in favor of the dynamic running QB.

Back to Cook and Hack. To make a bold statement: In terms of former Bills QBs, I see a potential Kelly or Bledsoe.

A good article. No one is questioning that kid's football IQ. That's for sure.

The Pegulas' ties to Penn State make it interesting.

Personally, I think Cook and Hackenburg are worth a shot, since they have an opportunity to take in the game for year as Tyrod's backup. By all indications, they're smart and can make all the throws. The only reason I would be hesitant is that they aren't the dynamic runners Roman likes. How willing is he to work with a prominently pocket passer? Idk. He did well with Alex Smith, who is mobile enough, but then they let him go in favor of the dynamic running QB.

Back to Cook and Hack. To make a bold statement: In terms of former Bills QBs, I see a potential Kelly or Bledsoe.

from watching Cook and Hack so much I think they can both make NFL throws. I do not question that. They have good ball placement and can throw with anticipation. If given time, they can really look good. Where they both struggle is under pressure. Sometimes mightily. Edited by YoloinOhio

A good article. No one is questioning that kid's football IQ. That's for sure.

Thanks.

I do not follow this stuff as much as some of you folks so i appreciate your input !

let me ponder that for a bit.

from watching Cook and Hack so much I think they can both make NFL throws. I do not question that. They have good ball placement and can throw with anticipation. If given time, they can really look good. Where they both struggle is under pressure. Sometimes mightily.

Yeah. Hackenburg faced relentless pressure at times, too. His line could be pretty dreadful.

Cook had a good to great line. Maybe some will consider it a straight-up great line, certainly in the run game. Honestly, I haven't looked at their passing stats under pressure, but I know there are some good stats out there for that. I bet Blokes has looked at them.

Yeah. Hackenburg faced relentless pressure at times, too. His line could be pretty dreadful.

Cook had a good to great line. Maybe some will consider it a straight-up great line, certainly in the run game. Honestly, I haven't looked at their passing stats under pressure, but I know there are some good stats out there for that. I bet Blokes has looked at them.

If the draft is so darn deep defensively, is this something the Bills should consider?

I mean they now can develop a QB and thats a luxury these days

Outside of Wentz I wouldn't touch any of these QBs with a 10 foot pole. I cannot believe people on here want a developmental QB from this draft class. These guys would not be an upgrade over EJ and that's a fact. I'm not saying EJ has been good but god forbid Taylor goes down, you'd trust someone like Dak Prescott over EJ Manuel? Don't see much of a difference. Sign a veteran FA QB and move on.

Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, Luke McCown would be some FA QB's i'd take a look at.

:lol::lol: :lol:

That's how I view it.

you need new glasses

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Watch: Memphis QB Paxton Lynch at the Combine (4:32)
Watch as Memphis quarterback and first round prospect Paxton Lynch talks with the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

Watch: Miss St QB Dak Prescott at the Combine (4:35)
Watch as Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott meets with the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.