Drafting Connor Cook in the first would be criminal

sensitive about the SEC are we? I didn't say anything about the Big 10. It was about certain types of offenses. Tempo, spread. Ole Miss - 433 yards on Bama. . Use all kinds of excuses if you want but that's on the defense. MSU's offense is the one kind they are built to defend. Same with LSU. It is in fact the same one Bama runs, they practice against it every day. Traditional, pro style. That said, I find it hard though to give Cook a complete pass and just say it was a good defense. you would have thought Cook could get at least 3 points.

you are one that brought up last year. Sensitive? No. I didn't watch either game. I am just over your need to crow about one game and one team. The SEC is still the best conference

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are one that brought up last year. Sensitive? No. I didn't watch either game. I am just over your need to crow about one game and one team. The SEC is still the best conference

again, I was not discussing one game or one team. I was discussing certain types of offenses that can succeed against that D and which ones can't. It was just one example. It may have been last year, but it is the same scheme. Ole miss offense is an example from this year. Auburn is an example from two years ago.

Texas A&M is an example from 3 years ago. The year doesn't matter. The conference doesn't matter. Sorry it hit a nerve!

Btw I have never once "crowed" about the OSU-Bama game on TSW. Not sure what you are referring to with that comment.

Back on topic.

Edited by YoloinOhio

+1. The Bills have to give Tyrod a chance. He had a reasonably good season. 5 INTs is a good indication that he can protect the football and doesn't make mistakes. His accuracy is 65%. That is pretty good in NFL. Does he need to develop. Absolutely. He will get a TC where he will be the undisputed leader and would not share reps with two other QBs. He can build consistency and timing with his WRs.

The Bills should focus on OL and LBs. These are their biggest weakness.

That's the philosophy that keeps the Bills no better than an average team. Put their hopes in another team's castoff QB and spend their picks on anything but QB.

Billsfans,

I am satisfied enough with Tyrod that I don't think we need to waste a first on a QB. Cook is showing he is not going to live up to a 1st Round pick.

I say it's time to revamp the D. Since Rex is getting his shot, the only thing we can do is find his guys and roll with it.

If the axe falls on the D again then Pegs has no choice but to give Rex the boot (personally I wish it happened this year)

But to me there is no QB worth the trouble of wasting a #1 on.

My draft goes

#1 LB or DE (BPA)

#2 DE or LB (BPA)

#3 WR

#4 OT

#5 DE

#6 CB

#7 WR

God I would love to have Joey bosa

I love bowl season. It's the time of year where casual fans watch a player in one game and try to sum up his entire career. I hope our scouting department has enough competence to base their player evaluations on an entire body of work but I'm weird like that.

I suspect we'd find a lot of departments suffer "herd think". If the consensus running into the draft appears to be that the group looks favorably on Cook (since he's the point of topic), then it really takes someone with brass cajones to bang the table for some guy the group is overlooking. And, even if the outlier scout ends up being right in the long run and the player he touts turns out to be Tom Brady, if he can't sway the herd thinking then it simply never happens.

Never got the love for a 56% passer who might be a giant d bag.

The best thing that could happen to him is to fall in the draft. It might help calm down his ego.

P.S. Google his sister.

not that impressed.

brah, you gotta realize what women are doing with these filters now-a-days.

these filters make 5's look 6, 6's look 8, 8's look 9.

Another QB should be drafted....but you dont have a pro bowl qb then go into the draft looking to replace him.

I am thinking 2nd to 3rd round

They don't have a pro bowl level QB, he's an alternate due to injuries and only scans half the field. He's not that good that they should pass on an opportunity to upgrade if available.

Other than Aaron Rodgers (whom the Pack took in the first round and I wish we had taken), which franchise QB did the Packers take with the other nine QB picks that we missed out on?

The answer is zero.

To play the other side, if Favre played for the BILLS, and they had a relatively weak Defense the way Green Bay did at that point AND the BILLS Drafted Rodgers with a 1st, the fan base would have lit OBD on fire. Because the philosophy was / is to pass on a guy who may be great, but we already have one - so address an area of need but try to go BPA. Green Bay had foresight and once Polian left, the BILLS didn't have that, so they've been playing catch-up ever since then. That is why if a QB in the first is the BPA, regardless of name - you take him. And hope Tyrod plays so well, the guy gets a year or two to learn and mature into your next Franchise QB, sort of like eh, a certain current Pack QB?

He absolutely doesn't suck. He's not perfect, but he doesn't suck.

i was very high on him after 2013 and 2014. I think he regressed this year for whatever reason. That was before the shoulder injury. I don't like lazy comparisons based on where guys went to school, but I am starting to think he really is comparable to Kirk Cousins. I don't think that's really a knock. It's just that he does have the traits of a NFL QB. But he needs time. He's not going to step on the field as a rookie and produce at a starter level. I don't think he's a first round talent looking at all the other players in the draft who can contribute immediately. But if a team wants to spend a 1st round pick on him because they think he can be a starter for them down the road and they really like him, I get that. Edited by YoloinOhio

That's the philosophy that keeps the Bills no better than an average team. Put their hopes in another team's castoff QB and spend their picks on anything but QB.

The Bills have drafted unsuccessfully their next franchise QB....From Todd Collins to EJ Manuel they have tried different approaches to drafting and have not been successful. I don't understand why we cannot pick someone's backup and attempt to make them your Franchise QB. The Packers did it with Favre; The Cardinals are doing now with Palmer.

The Bills have drafted unsuccessfully their next franchise QB....From Todd Collins to EJ Manuel they have tried different approaches to drafting and have not been successful. I don't understand why we cannot pick someone's backup and attempt to make them your Franchise QB. The Packers did it with Favre; The Cardinals are doing now with Palmer.

Isn't that exactly what the Bills did this season?

When was Palmer a backup though?