Bills need to lose to make the playoffs

bisonbrigade

The best thing to happen the Buffalo Bills is to lose Sunday against the Jets. Why? Because if the Jets win, they will make the playoffs. They will have stolen the elusive prize from the hands of Buffalo right in front of the home crowd, the Bills owner, coaches and players. The memory of the Jets partying on the field would haunt them all off season. It will be a very bitter pill to swallow and will be an everlasting memory. What better to motivate the entire organization in 2016.

The best thing to happen the Buffalo Bills is to lose Sunday against the Jets. Why? Because if the Jets win, they will make the playoffs. They will have stolen the elusive prize from the hands of Buffalo right in front of the home crowd, the Bills owner, coaches and players. The memory of the Jets partying on the field would haunt them all off season. It will be a very bitter pill to swallow and will be an everlasting memory. What better to motivate the entire organization in 2016.

There will be no carryover to the next season regardless of the outcome on Sunday.

I really see no value in wanting to lose this game. In fact, I think it'd be better for the team to win this game. I certainly won't be rooting for them to lose, but I won't be heartbroken if they do.

How many spots in the draft would they move up? Unless it propels them into the top 5ish, idt it really is all that meaningful

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

Beat the Jets to start with. Then fix the issues with the coaching staff, since Rex it staying, trim back his control and bring in a defensive coach to run the defense. Draft smart (don't reach or think you are out smarting everybody). Might be time to look over the whole scouting department. Then do a complete look over the roster and see who fits for the personnel that is needed, plus there salary, age, and production. I know it is hard at time to let players that become liked, example Fred Jackson, however I would much rather the running back Williams and the new find, over Jackson and Boobie Dixon moving forward (not to take away for Jackson very good person and teammate, so players like Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Mckelvin, and others with high contracts and age should be looked at.

Beat the Jets to start with. Then fix the issues with the coaching staff, since Rex it staying, trim back his control and bring in a defensive coach to run the defense. Draft smart (don't reach or think you are out smarting everybody). Might be time to look over the whole scouting department. Then do a complete look over the roster and see who fits for the personnel that is needed, plus there salary, age, and production. I know it is hard at time to let players that become liked, example Fred Jackson, however I would much rather the running back Williams and the new find, over Jackson and Boobie Dixon moving forward (not to take away for Jackson very good person and teammate, so players like Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Mckelvin, and others with high contracts and age should be looked at.

This simply is not going to happen. Rex is here at the HC and it'll be his defense for as long as he's at OBD.

After 16 years of going through these questions at the end of the year, I'm convinced that there's no such thing as "momentum" carrying over from one season to the next -- positive or negative. That's not to say that stability and familiarity aren't important, but when the team gets to training camp next July (much less the opener in September), the past season will seem like another lifetime ago.

you really think any of these guys actually care if the Jets make it into the playoffs after beating them? The majority of these guys don't really care about the rivalries the fans do and only bleed red and blue as long as the paychecks are deposited. Half of these guys probably won't be here next year so win or lose, it's no big deal. How many chances have the Bills had to play spoiler the last 16 years, and how has beating a team helped them the next year?

There's no momentum being carried over to next year because the turnover in the off-season will have a good chunk of the starters playing somewhere else.

I can see where you are coming from with this in that if the Bills are embarrassed at home by the team that just fired Rex Ryan that perhaps the owner will wake up and make significant changes like the NY Jets did last year.

The Jets had continuity for six years with Ryan, and it got worse as the years went by and, of course, the blame went to the GM who didn't get him the players he needed. Not that he could develop any players on his own, or find a way to find out what they do best and develop a scheme that best suited the players on the roster. :rolleyes:

The NY Jets fire Ryan after a 4-12 season and hire a new GM who hires a new HC. They add a few players into the mix and have a 10-5 winning team this year and they didn't need a rolling 5-year plan like Jauron, like Gailey, Like Marrone, like Ryan. It took the Jets ONE YEAR to 10-5, a record which is something this franchise hasn't seen 1999 :doh:

Wade Phillips is currently the Broncos DC, and has that team #1 in total defense, and #1 in sacks this year. Hrmmmm.

If you are Sammy, Tyrod, Hughes, Darby or anyone else on the team and a division opponent just punked you in your own building to take the very thing you have been playing for all this year it won't have any impact on how you would pre pare for 2016? It would piss you off and you would train and prepare just a little bit more.

If you are Sammy, Tyrod, Hughes, Darby or anyone else on the team and a division opponent just punked you in your own building to take the very thing you have been playing for all this year it won't have any impact on how you would pre pare for 2016? It would piss you off and you would train and prepare just a little bit more.

Once off-season workouts start it's doubtful many will even remember this game

you really think any of these guys actually care if the Jets make it into the playoffs after beating them? The majority of these guys don't really care about the rivalries the fans do and only bleed red and blue as long as the paychecks are deposited. Half of these guys probably won't be here next year so win or lose, it's no big deal. How many chances have the Bills had to play spoiler the last 16 years, and how has beating a team helped them the next year?

There's no momentum being carried over to next year because the turnover in the off-season will have a good chunk of the starters playing somewhere else.

I agree that fans care more about rivalries than players. There are exceptions, but those are usually between teams that are in fights for playoff spots and/or meet in the playoffs year after year - Steelers v. Ravens is a good example. The Bills need to be more relevant for that to develop.

Turning into a team that wins meaningful December games starts by winning meaningful December games whenever presented with the opportunity. We play a game that matters against a hated rival, I would like us to take a step closer to being a team that wins those, and no amount of humiliation motivation or draft order hopes will make me believe that the best thing for this franchise is anything other than beating the Jets.