Pettine officially fired by Browns; Marrone to interview

YoloinOhio

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe the NYG is the most attractive HC opening should Coughlin resign/get fired. Not the greatest roster, but enough to build with. It's because of Ownership. They will give you time to establish a system. They aren't going to fire someone after two years.

While they have a lot of cap space and some good ground work laid in the organization I do not see them as that attractive. They need an OL, they need better running, they're attached to the hit to Eli and going to have to pay ODB soon. The defense is a liability.

I think Tennessee might be my ideal choice, simply because the bar is lower and more realistic.

Whoever goes to the Giants will be lucky to last 3 years, especially if the Jets continue to succeed because the NY media will need all the fodder they can get

While they have a lot of cap space and some good ground work laid in the organization I do not see them as that attractive. They need an OL, they need better running, they're attached to the hit to Eli and going to have to pay ODB soon. The defense is a liability.

I think Tennessee might be my ideal choice, simply because the bar is lower and more realistic.

Whoever goes to the Giants will be lucky to last 3 years, especially if the Jets continue to succeed because the NY media will need all the fodder they can get

I wish they'd hire John Gruden just to get him off of MNF. Ugh.

Of course it's true. Read him.

Many: "a large number of"

I read him, and while I don't always agree with his posts, to call him a "Bills fan-hater", you are wrong.

Weak sauce!

@RapSheet

#Browns coach Mike Pettine lost Jimmy Haslam's confidence. Example: To players losing to KC, he guaranteed victory. They rolled their eyes

Another Pettine example: Before 2nd #Bengals game, he told players Saturday night he might be getting fired & they hadn't done their part.

@RapSheet

#Browns GM Ray Farmer may be fired without ever hiring a coach. Had 2 top picks forced on him: Manziel (Haslam's call), Gilbert (Pettine's)

His contract is up after 2017 season and Giants can add 5th year option so technically signed thru 2018....

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/odell-beckham-jr/

Would the dysfunctional Browns strike again and poach Roman? Crazier things have happened - like the Browns hiring Mike Pettine...

they wanted to interview him last year for OC. Can't remember if they ever did - I believe so, though.

@profootballtalk

Plugged-in source just said to keep an eye on Chip Kelly to the Browns.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@SportsTaxMan

Dwayne Bowe inactive today for #Browns. he made $6,250,000 this season & finished with 5 catches for 53 yards this #NFL season

they wanted to interview him last year for OC. Can't remember if they ever did - I believe so, though.

@profootballtalk
Plugged-in source just said to keep an eye on Chip Kelly to the Browns.

He'd be better off in TEN with his guy Mariota.