Bills rushing stats - what an improvement over last year!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can build on it if you actually build on it, if you know what im saying.

Minimal change on offense, improve RT maybe #2 WR. Keep the coaches.

The Bills are always changing. Thats been our number 1 problem.

I don't know that it's been so much the change itself, as the need to change because the guys that were brought in weren't any good (ya know what I mean?). Ralph Wilson rarely brought in top shelf coaches, or GM's, so changing most of those guys was probably the right choice.

And again, when a team commits to say, "stopping the run", well I have to imagine that means loading up on guys that are better at stopping the run than the pass and/or scheming the defensive calls to stopping the run. Then the pass defense suffers....and then maybe points against goes up, so they have to pass more to catch up, so the running game weakens.....it's all inter-related.

Edited by HoF Watkins

The thread is about rushing stats. It's stupid IMO to just say oh great we can run but I just want wins. There are 10,000 members here and not one of them would disagree with that (meaning would you forfeit rushing stats if we won enough games to be in the playoffs)

Then it should've been entitled "Bills meaningless rushing stats - what an improvement over last year!

Then it should've been entitled "Bills meaningless rushing stats - what an improvement over last year!

i don't consider it meaningless. So wouldn't title it that. I'm looking forward, not backward. It's definitely something positive to build on for next year. Edited by YoloinOhio

We also didn't have a healthy Shady half the year. Didn't have a healthy Karlos half the year (some of the games he was active he wasn't near healthy). And didn't have Gillislee half the year.

Yup. We struggled with injuries to the backs both years. hackett, while he may be a good young football mind, wasn't running a competent running scheme. Roman (and kromer) has a really good scheme on that front. Has flaws for sure but has strengths.

Who cares?

Last year we had a top defense, this year we have a top running game...throughout this crappy run there have been all kinds of nice performances, and individual achievements. These are empty accomplishments, and they just don't do it for me.

I want wins.

There is no guarantee that "this is something to build on", because they patch up one side, and a hole blows up on the other side. I do not get the sense that they are headed in the right direction, or there will be substantial overall improvement next season.

I want wins.

well then.

do not we all?

How is any of this possible with an aging and unathletic OL? :rolleyes:

Indeed.

etc,

:w00t:

Yup. We struggled with injuries to the backs both years. hackett, while he may be a good young football mind, wasn't running a competent running scheme. Roman (and kromer) has a really good scheme on that front. Has flaws for sure but has strengths.

Glad to find you on positive note : )

But it would be hard to deny at this point. Earlier in the season they were truly struggling to get the O line settled down

It would be nice to get off this seesaw ride of the defense or offense being awful.

gives me a case of nausea honestly.

That whirly thing always did too.

well then.

do not we all?

Indeed.

etc,

:w00t:

Glad to find you on positive note : )

But it would be hard to deny at this point. Earlier in the season they were truly struggling to get the O line settled down

gives me a case of nausea honestly.

That whirly thing always did too.

Cheers!

I've always liked the kromer/Roman pairing- both have excellent track records with blocking and dynamic rushing schemes. Together i could see some synergy in schemes/philosophy of putting pressure on the run defenses. I hope they get a quiet offseason to work together.

Roman has to figure out a few things to reach his full potential but this is surely a strength

Cheers!

I've always liked the kromer/Roman pairing- both have excellent track records with blocking and dynamic rushing schemes. Together i could see some synergy in schemes/philosophy of putting pressure on the run defenses. I hope they get a quiet offseason to work together.

Roman has to figure out a few things to reach his full potential but this is surely a strength

Fine post my Friend.

and not just because i agree. please do not discount Lynn either : )

Yep! That 9-7 was 100% legit. Yes indeedy!

last year has little to do with this year. But this year does have an effect on next. its tricky for some to sort through. Patience across all fronts is advised

Cheers!

The run game success has in the process done a very good job of creating time for Tyrod to throw this season........necessary because he really takes a long time to get the ball out.

At the risk of making this a McCoy thread.......we've seen what bigger, more obedient backs have been able to do in this scheme in recent weeks......and during LeSean breathers prior to that.......... and if the Bills weren't down to one WR I think we'd be seeing the passing game really blossom.

IMO, despite the fact that the defense was the main problem this year the first priority for improvement/personnel moves is trying to get more out of the passing game in 2016.

Bigger, better targets in the pass game......an answer at RT......and a plan to get more snaps for bigger backs.

As the better passing teams in the league know......it's hard to defend against excellent passing game personnel and also stop 230 pound RB's with the same defensive personnel.

The run game success has in the process done a very good job of creating time for Tyrod to throw this season........necessary because he really takes a long time to get the ball out.

At the risk of making this a McCoy thread.......we've seen what bigger, more obedient backs have been able to do in this scheme in recent weeks......and during LeSean breathers prior to that.......... and if the Bills weren't down to one WR I think we'd be seeing the passing game really blossom.

IMO, despite the fact that the defense was the main problem this year the first priority for improvement/personnel moves is trying to get more out of the passing game in 2016.

Bigger, better targets in the pass game......an answer at RT......and a plan to get more snaps for bigger backs.

As the better passing teams in the league know......it's hard to defend against excellent passing game personnel and also stop 230 pound RB's with the same defensive personnel.

Oh, what the hell, let's throw caution to the wind and turn it into a McCoy thread.

McCoy: 203 carries, 895 yards, 4.4 avg.

Karlos/Gillislee/Boom/Boobie/Felton/Cierre Wood (that is, all other RBs; I'm not counting Tyrod here): 143 carries, 812 yards, 5.7 avg.

Doug Whaley, congratulations ... you just gave a 5 year/$40 million contract ($26.5 guaranteed) to your future 3rd down/pass catcher out of the backfield RB.

Edited by The Frankish Reich