Tyrod Taylor had a quietly spectacular day

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a throwing league and when your QB loses most game when throwing over 20 passes your in trouble. Three wins when throwing over over passes is not a long term answer at QB. Wins against Miami, NYJ and Houston with 29, 27 and 21 attempts and losses in all other games he throws over 20 times is not a receipe for success in today's NFL. Yes you can beat the bad teams that way but will never have a chance to win big meaningful games or playoff games on a regular basis with that type of QB production.

Roman is limiting the game plan so Tyrod doesn't have to throw 30+. It's called easing a young QB into the NFL. And before you scoff at TT being young, he is the 3rd youngest NFL QB with 3 or more starts.

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt 58s59 seconds ago

Only 5 players in NFL history have thrown 224+ passes, compiled 100+ rating & averaged 30+ rush yds per game in a season. Tyrod Taylor is 1.

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt 16m16 minutes ago

2015 Bills have best total offense and best scoring offense of any Rex Ryan-coached team. They also have worst total defense coached by Ryan

46 retweets 20 likes

Not sure which thread to put this but this one looks as good as any

@gil_brandt
Only 5 players in NFL history have thrown 224+ passes, compiled 100+ rating & averaged 30+ rush yds per game in a season. Tyrod Taylor is 1.

I hate you :worthy:

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt 52s53 seconds ago

Tyrod Taylor on pace for 2nd-highest single-season passer rating in #Bills history Kelly (1990) 101.2 Taylor (2015) 100.7 Kelly (1991) 97.6

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 58s59 seconds ago

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 16m16 minutes ago

2015 Bills have best total offense and best scoring offense of any Rex Ryan-coached team. They also have worst total defense coached by Ryan

46 retweets 20 likes

lol I can't copy/paste tweets very easily for some reason anymore so I don't bother as much

@gil_brandt

The other 4:

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt 23s23 seconds ago

Gil Brandt Retweeted Joe D'Agostino

Steve Young (3x) Russell Wilson (3x) Mike Vick (1x) RG3 (1x)

@gil_brandt

Cool stat but those are some random.

I also wonder how many passing records have been set in the last 3 years. All passing stats need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Cool stat but those are some random.

I also wonder how many passing records have been set in the last 3 years. All passing stats need to be taken with a grain of salt.

He's probably the most accurate QB in the history of the league when passes travel less than 2 yards in the air. That's something, right??

I'll settle for winning in a blow out to shut these !@#$ing Jets fans up

The chance of the Bills blowing out the Jets is extremely small. Like 2%. They're probably the second best team in the AFC right now.

I just hope Taylor gets the opportunity to win the game at the end and come through.

The chance of the Bills blowing out the Jets is extremely small. Like 2%. They're probably the second best team in the AFC right now.

I just hope Taylor gets the opportunity to win the game at the end and come through.

And you think blowing the Jets out is a 2% chance????

And you think blowing the Jets out is a 2% chance????

I do. The Jets with that defense, Fitz's amazing chemistry with Marshall and Decker and the confidence of beating the Pats in overtime in a meaningful game is a combination that gives me the opinion of there being almost no chance of this muddling Bills team blowing them out.

His day was not spectacular in any sense despite some of his great escapes. His numbers would have looked a lot better if Hogan doesn't drop 4th the 4th down bomb and given better effort on the int at the end of the 1st half.

Did Hogan drop that ball or did the CB hold his arms so he couldn't catch it? I don't think the NFL credited Hogan with a drop.

I do. The Jets with that defense, Fitz's amazing chemistry with Marshall and Decker and the confidence of beating the Pats in overtime in a meaningful game is a combination that gives me the opinion of there being almost no chance of this muddling Bills team blowing them out.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Jets are going to kick the schit out of us. But I think there's a better chance at blowing the Jets out than there is a chance of Tyrod Taylor orchestrating any kind of comeback. This isn't TEN we're playing!

I actually hope both teams can just get out of the game healthy. I would love to see Fitz make a post-season run, even though I hate the team he's on.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 58s59 seconds ago

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 16m16 minutes ago

46 retweets 20 likes

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 52s53 seconds ago

Tyrod Taylor on pace for 2nd-highest single-season passer rating in #Bills history Kelly (1990) 101.2 Taylor (2015) 100.7 Kelly (1991) 97.6

I have a feeling that rating is gonna drop this weekend, Jets are looking mighty good.

That being said, what a hell of a first season starting!

His assessment of Tyrod Taylor and his development was the best part of Whaley's WGR interview. While carefully positive, Whaley clearly laid out what Taylor needs to do to take the next step. I hope Tyrod is listening.

OTOH, a lot of what Tyrod needs to do depends on having an upgraded rt. side of the line in front of him.

I caught most of that. He said what I hoped he would. Happy with what he's given us, but he needs to continue to develop and we will bring in competition. Hope he becomes "the guy" but not there yet. He was nicely specific about where he's been able to attack the field and where he hasn't. Some good questions too.

Taylor needs to worry about his development and improve. He can't do anything about the OL except help them by making good, quick decisions with the ball and improving his pocket awareness and movement. A better RT wouldn't hurt, but they've got FAs at LG and LT to worry about too.

Roman is limiting the game plan so Tyrod doesn't have to throw 30+. It's called easing a young QB into the NFL. And before you scoff at TT being young, he is the 3rd youngest NFL QB with 3 or more starts.

That's a nice way of saying they gave him as much as they thought he could handle and that was it. I covered this on the previous page, but the short version is that he pulls the ball down and runs so often that more passing plays would mean more of a physical toll on him. It also considerably reduces his number of attempts in the stat line. It's the right way to bring him along and he certainly passed the test, but he's still got his work cut out for him. I hope he can beat the odds.

Amazing. We just witnessed a better QB performance this season than any in the entirety of Jim Kelly's career, save one.

Which shows how completely different the NFL is now and why passing stats need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Taylor did a great job protecting the ball. But we had better offenses with Fitz and Bledsoe.