One week to go - how many HC openings?

GunnerBill

So we know there are two...

Miami and Tennessee.

How many more.... I am predicting a total of NINE openings...

The other 7 being - Cleveland, Indianapolis, San Diego, New Orleans, San Francisco, New York Giants, Philadelphia.

The other possibilities are St Louis, Detroit, Jacksonville and Buffalo. None of those would surprise me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it is a prediction - I have no source saying this will happen. I'd have fired him already. If they don't they will be bottom dwellers again next year.

he took a crap team and turned them into two consecutive 10-6 teams. if i remember that correctly. This year was handed personel authority tore it down, and is in year one of a rebuild. i am not saying this guy is golden but IMO i doubt they will can him based on this season. BTW he beat the Bills quite easily. he did that by game planning with a fast paced offense that didn't allow Ryan to substitute. Ryan being not the most astue coach never knew that is Kelly's MO since his Oregon days. The Bills penaltiesb proved that I think he is safe. but it is a fickle league.

he took a crap team and turned them into two consecutive 10-6 teams. if i remember that correctly. This year was handed personel authority tore it down, and is in year one of a rebuild. i am not saying this guy is golden but IMO i doubt they will can him based on this season. BTW he beat the Bills quite easily. he did that by game planning with a fast paced offense that didn't allow Ryan to substitute. Ryan being not the most astue coach never knew that is Kelly's MO since his Oregon days. The Bills penaltiesb proved that I think he is safe. but it is a fickle league.

I'd fire Rex - see my sig - so telling me he outcoached Rex Ryan makes no odds.

As far as I see the first year he took over a talented offense and a bad defense and had a powder puff schedule and got them to 10-6. Last year they were 9-3 and then fell to pieces and this year has been a tire fire. That is before you consider the input he has into getting rid of talented football players. I don't think he is a good professional football coach, teams (not the Bills) have adjusted to his offense which is a small playbook that relies on tempo and he has fallen out with player after player after player.

If they let him continue as GM and HC they will be a mess in another year or two.

It's a dam shame that Coughlin gets shtted on every year. Guy is a hall of fame coach and one of the best coaches of all time.

Jerry Reese has been one of the worst GM's in the NFL and he's the reason the Giants are failing. Not Coughlin. Outside of Beckham, they haven't drafted a decent player in awhile. He continues to fail to build that defense, running game and o-line. Give the man some weapons. Would love to have Coughlin as a HC.