Report: Peyton Manning linked to HGH, doping ring

YoloinOhio

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HGH is horrible for the body. How many players in the concussion law suit were also taking steroids or some other illegal substance?

This is a completely ignorant statement.

Low dose HGH in men has many beneficial effects including significantly improved recovery from injury, improved lean mass to body fat ratio, and will potentiate the effects of low dose testosterone replacement.

Like any substance, it can be abused and have negative effects if it is.

The few studies out there (because there is active suppression of these studies by the government) show a tremendous improvement in quality of life indicators with near zero negative effects. Not cancer, not stokes, not heart attacks.

Why does the government actively suppress this research? It's simple. The only reason women were on estrogen replacement during menopause which Medicare paid for was because of quality of life reasons. If every guy was on HGH/testosterone for quality of life reasons, Medicare would go bankrupt. Where estrogen replacement showed some increase in certain cancers, there is no such increase with HGH/testosterone.

Al Jazeera and the Huffington Post? Not exactly great journalism, and btw, i couldn't disagree more with Buffalonian, but his right to an opinion.

As far as Manning, I don't know nor does anyone else if even remotely accurate. It would be logical though. The NFLPA has been fighting HGH testign for years and uses the lame excuse of accuracy in testing, when the Olympics has been accurately testing for HGH for over 30 years. there is no issue in HGH testing. It's very simple and easy to do.

HGH has even more risks in many ways than steroids as if taken in large quantities can not only encourage rehabbing of soft tissue and muscle growth, but also can enlarge organs.

HGH is the work around for NFL athletes. I personally don't care as the whole argument that 97% of NFL athletes are clean is ridiculous. You don't get that big and strong at certain positions clean. I competed at a national level for over a decade as a powerlifter. I've been in mostly drug tested, but in non-tested meets and know what it takes to get to extremes. Your body just cannot heal naturally the way some of these guys heal.

Maybe you have never watched Al Jazeera's news network but it is excellent. It is on par with the BBC and far exceeds any of the major news networks or CNN in terms of the quality of its news coverage (you won't get fluff "lifestyle" stories ala Good Morning America). It is a straight up news network and has nothing to do with promoting Islam or any other ideology. If you want to be spoonfed news analysis with a political bent, watch something like the Fox News network. If you want objective world and American news coverage you should watch something like Al Jazeera or the BBC or PBS News Hour (although News Hour is not a 24 hour program).

I feel for your disillusionment. You have a severe case of it.

@RapSheet

Peyton Manning retained the services of former WH Press secretary Ari Fleischer, who now does crisis management. I spoke to him last night

Peyton Manning spokesman Ari Fleischer told me Manning has never used HGH, never failed any league drug tests & this won't affect his status

Manning spokesman did say Peyton's wife was a patient at this anti-aging clinic in question. She had a prescription, wouldn't say for what

The statement about not failing any drug tests is spin for the rubes who don't know that the League doesn't test for HGH despite an agreement in the last CBA to do so. Stuff like that and hiring a flack like Fleischer in the first place don't incline me to believe Peyton, unfortunately. I'm not as cynical as many of those above who say "all these guys are doing it." Over the years it's been my experience that quite often cheaters are the ones who use that defense, perhaps as a way to make themselves feel better about their own actions. For those throwing Eric Woods' name around in that regard, you should remember that he was one of the guys yelling loudest asking for HGH testing a couple years back, so I doubt he's one of the guys using it.

I also get a chuckle out of the folks above criticizing Al Jazeera--I'd wager mucho dinero that the combined time those guys have watched AJ is shorter than the time it takes the average guy to take a piss.

And I think he hooked up his buddy Fitz in the process. Fitz is like a different human being this season. He's still not great but he is clearly physically stronger than he's ever been after seemingly being maxed out and in a rut in the Buffalo/TN/Houston years.

Anyway......these stories are no good for NFL fans.

If it forces them to test for HGH.....IMO it could really lower the availability of players and quality of play.

He looks like the same Fitz to me. It is just now he is on the other side of the fence, and as they say "the uni's are always greener on the other side of the fence."

using your wife to get HGH.....tsk tsk

nowhere does the agent deny the wife received HGH.

That's the key here ... which means this is the Roger Clemens defense, which worked for Clemens at least for legal purposes (but not in the court of public opinion). Since HGH was banned by the NFL in 2011 (presumably in advance of Peyton's alleged usage) this is a big problem for him on the PR front. Nevertheless, I do see a distinction between use by a guy like him, and I do think it should be allowed with a strict medical review panel. Peyton had very significant neck/spinal surgeries and perhaps HGH plays an important role in regeneration/recovery -- I don't know, I'm not a neurologist, but it sounds plausible. That's different than continuing to use to offset normal aging, to develop more power in your swing/fastball, etc.

EDIT: some support for the idea that HGH facilitates nerve regeneration: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21945950

Edited by The Frankish Reich

It is technically not news AT ALL that much of the league is using HGH.

If it forces them to test for HGH.....IMO it could really lower the availability of players and quality of play.

For a while maybe. But then the new stock of players would come in and result in a new (arguably lower) norm. At least there will be an assurance that everyone is on the same level playing field. The notion that some players are better at getting away with HGH is contrary to the notion of fair play.

Also, allowing 'some' peds runs the risk of not knowing where to draw the line. As you have mentioned earlier, the Seahawks SB players were likely using such enhancers on a widespread basis. If true, it is truly disturbing. How is this much different from the antics of the Pats* with them taping opposing team practices ?

Just saw a lengthy interview with Peyton on ESPN's pre-game show. He was disgusted and vehemently denied the allegations, and until I see more proof other than an Al Jazeera story, I think I'll believe Peyton Manning.

Seriously though, Al Jazeera!? Next I guess we'll be quoting up stories in here from the Daily Kos or Media Matters. LOL