Dragonborn10

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex will get the Wade dilemna:

Rex, you can stay. However, you will fire ALL of your assistants.

I don't think he will do that. I see that as reasonable avenue towards a negotiated release from the contract.

The state of affairs is pretty bad. I think anything is possible at this juncture.

Make tweaks, not wholesale changes.

Whaley AND Rex both stay, and they work on improving their process and relationship. I think bringing in a Czar to make sure Rex and Whaley stay in their lanes would be wise, as Pegula is not a football mind.

Bring in the players needed to fully implement the 3-4 they want to do. Mario and Kyle should be gone. Need to find playmaking LB and S, need a true NT.

Need a #2 WR so that our offense is not reliant on HRs to Sammy or McCoy busting one.

Need a RT, and drafting best OL available would be wise in the early rounds b/c we need depth across the board here. Wood is average.

Next training camp the focus is not focused on installing the scheme, but on details and fundamentals and not taking penalties.

to move to a 3-4 we have major needs on D so than once again we will ignore the offense which needs major upgrades on the line

This is so easy to see:

1. 3-4 defense full time which means the Williams boys are outta here. Mario and Kyle are both released. Darius becomes a DE, Bills find a NT and move JP to OLB. Since we gutting Williams, I foresee a an Aaron Williams retirement and a Duke Williams highway.

2. The O-line is a disaster so the Cordy Glenn thing is hard to predict. I'm not sure you can re-sign him because he's gonna ask for the moon. However can you actual replace him. Looks like you have figure out the RT spot too. I'm also not convined Woods is the answer at C plus both guards were OK and bad at times. Nothing like having a crappy OL.

3. The coaching staff pretty much stays the same. And we were worried Roman would become a HC after out great season. TT is the QB, we need to get him a contract. Come on, he may not be the greatest but what Bills QB in the post Flutie era has even been close to him? WE need to get better WR and depth at RB that can stay healthy.

They're going to need to do more than that. In addition to the 4 players you mention they need to add on defense (LE, ILB, S, NT), they need to re-sign Gilmore and decide if they need to add another OLB.

On the offensive line, in addition to RT, they have to make a decision on Glenn and Incognito. If they decide not to re-sign these two to premium contracts, they have to replace 3 offensive line positions, to add to sketchy starters Wood and Miller.

When you add the #2 WR, we're now talking about 10 positions that need to be upgraded or resigned. And we're not even talking about the QB yet.

6 of those positions are on the defense, mostly necessary because of Rex's defense (it can be argued that if they move back to a 4-3, wide 9, they need to restructure Mario's contract and add a run-stopping MLB).

In other words, if Rex stays, there will be no way to add the quality personnel needed to fully implement his scheme in time to make the playoffs next season. It's even unlikely that they would be able to add the right players two years from now to make the playoffs.

Great post and it should be plain as day to Pegula. This team has no synergy. More reason this teams needs a football czar/president so the coaching matches the personnel. Its more and more evident that Rex may have been the absolute worst hire for what this team had. This team had a great front 4, traded away a LB and Rex wants to run some hybrid 3-4? Imagine if we lose Ritchie and Cordy in free agency which is a good possibility, you cant replace 2 starting OL revamp a D with more DL, LBs and maybe a S, get a compliment WR to Sammy. Just when you thought this team was close, they find a way to screw it all up.

It is very rare for a HC to get fired after only one year. I have to assume Rex is safe for next year.

If that is the case, is Whaley gone? Are coaching changes made? Roman? Crossman?

Mario gone? Carpenter?

Do they sign Richie and/or Glenn? Extend Gilmore before he reaches FA in 2017?

What positions do they target in FA and the draft?

If rex stays we spend our draft picks on LB to fit is 3- 4 scheme and draft a quarterback and ignore the line yet again. I love Whaley and think he has done a great job. However, the Watkins deal was a mistake. We should have traded back and we would have had our lineman and a good receiver. Why trade up for a WR in a Strong WR draft. Rex's Management of the game on the sidline was a tire fire in NY and now in Buffalo.

People are saying do to his contract you can not let Rex go. If you make a mistake you eat it and move forward you don't keep investing in a bad idea. Rex is about de feet .

Rex isn't going anywhere for now, so let's at least start by getting rid of the following:

1. Crossman

2. Thurman

3. Bobbie

4. IK

5. Both kickers (need to find one who can handle both duties)

6. Duke

7. Thigpen

8. EJ

9. Mario Williams (just not gonna fit with Rex and free up lots of cash)

10. Jordan Mills

11. Hogan

12. McKelvin

13. Goodwin (can't stay healthy)

Needs: LB, Safety, Kicker, WR, OL

Don't stop there

14. Kujo

15.Henderson

Whaley's gone. Half the team is cut. We get new players that "fit" his scheme and we finish 3-13.

Worst case scenario. Uggghhhhhhhh make it stop. I can't handle more years of this. The bills haven't made the playoffs this millenium or my entire adult life, and I'm in my 30s

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Rex isn't going anywhere for now, so let's at least start by getting rid of the following:

1. Crossman- Yes

2. Thurman- Yes

3. Bobbie- Sure

4. IK- Absolutely

5. Both kickers (need to find one who can handle both duties)- Only if you find one that is good enough which is difficult

6. Duke- Need to upgrade

7. Thigpen- Done

8. EJ- Need to find a serviceable backup before just cutting him

9. Mario Williams (just not gonna fit with Rex and free up lots of cash)

10. Jordan Mills- can probably serve as a backup shouldn't be starting

11. Hogan --- now our 4th or 5th receiver needs to go?? Hogan is more than adequate for his role, problems are when he's asked to do more than his role

12. McKelvin- please get rid of him

13. Goodwin (can't stay healthy)- Doesn't matter, he's irrelevant really

Needs: LB, Safety, Kicker, WR, OL