Let's assume Rex is staying, what next?

Dragonborn10

It is very rare for a HC to get fired after only one year. I have to assume Rex is safe for next year.

If that is the case, is Whaley gone? Are coaching changes made? Roman? Crossman?

Mario gone? Carpenter?

Do they sign Richie and/or Glenn? Extend Gilmore before he reaches FA in 2017?

What positions do they target in FA and the draft?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Make tweaks, not wholesale changes.

Whaley AND Rex both stay, and they work on improving their process and relationship. I think bringing in a Czar to make sure Rex and Whaley stay in their lanes would be wise, as Pegula is not a football mind.

Bring in the players needed to fully implement the 3-4 they want to do. Mario and Kyle should be gone. Need to find playmaking LB and S, need a true NT.

Need a #2 WR so that our offense is not reliant on HRs to Sammy or McCoy busting one.

Need a RT, and drafting best OL available would be wise in the early rounds b/c we need depth across the board here. Wood is average.

Next training camp the focus is not focused on installing the scheme, but on details and fundamentals and not taking penalties.

It is very rare for a HC to get fired after only one year. I have to assume Rex is safe for next year.

If that is the case, is Whaley gone? Are coaching changes made? Roman? Crossman?

Mario gone? Carpenter?

Do they sign Richie and/or Glenn? Extend Gilmore before he reaches FA in 2017?

What positions do they target in FA and the draft?

Whaley's gone. Half the team is cut. We get new players that "fit" his scheme and we finish 3-13.

Bring in the players needed to fully implement the 3-4 they want to do. Mario and Kyle should be gone. Need to find playmaking LB and S, need a true NT.

They don't have a single LB worth a damn and you want 4 of them on the field as the base defense? No thanks. I'm so tired of coaches and their "schemes." A real coach would figure out a way to win with the players he has. Not with the players he wishes he had.

Whaley AND Rex both stay, and they work on improving their process and relationship. I think bringing in a Czar to make sure Rex and Whaley stay in their lanes would be wise, as Pegula is not a football mind.

Need a #2 WR so that our offense is not reliant on HRs to Sammy or McCoy busting one.

Need a RT, and drafting best OL available would be wise in the early rounds b/c we need depth across the board here. Wood is average.

Next training camp the focus is not focused on installing the scheme, but on details and fundamentals and not taking penalties.

They're going to need to do more than that. In addition to the 4 players you mention they need to add on defense (LE, ILB, S, NT), they need to re-sign Gilmore and decide if they need to add another OLB.

On the offensive line, in addition to RT, they have to make a decision on Glenn and Incognito. If they decide not to re-sign these two to premium contracts, they have to replace 3 offensive line positions, to add to sketchy starters Wood and Miller.

When you add the #2 WR, we're now talking about 10 positions that need to be upgraded or resigned. And we're not even talking about the QB yet.

6 of those positions are on the defense, mostly necessary because of Rex's defense (it can be argued that if they move back to a 4-3, wide 9, they need to restructure Mario's contract and add a run-stopping MLB).

In other words, if Rex stays, there will be no way to add the quality personnel needed to fully implement his scheme in time to make the playoffs next season. It's even unlikely that they would be able to add the right players two years from now to make the playoffs.

I wish Wood was average. See him get blown up on both goal line runs? Dude got picked up in the air and thrown to the ground on a power run. Can't be bullies with sissies at the point of attack.

We build a 3-4 defense and if Rex doesn't work out we hire a coach or DC that runs the 3-4. We have excellent corners. Damon Harrison of the Jets would be great at NT. He is young and will be available. Dareus used to be a 3-4 DE at Alabama. I hate saying it but I could see Mario and Kevin Williams being cut. We need the cap room. LB is a huge focus, both a middle and either a balanced or edge OLB. That would be a start.

Rex isn't going anywhere for now, so let's at least start by getting rid of the following:

1. Crossman

2. Thurman

3. Bobbie

4. IK

5. Both kickers (need to find one who can handle both duties)

6. Duke

7. Thigpen

8. EJ

9. Mario Williams (just not gonna fit with Rex and free up lots of cash)

10. Jordan Mills

11. Hogan

12. McKelvin

13. Goodwin (can't stay healthy)

Needs: LB, Safety, Kicker, WR, OL

I hate saying it but I could see Mario and Kevin Williams being cut.

Rex isn't going anywhere for now, so let's at least start by getting rid of the following:

3. Bobbie

Well, Bobbie and Kevin have both proven to be less than stellar.

1. Crossman

2. Thurman

3. Bobbie

4. IK

5. Both kickers (need to find one who can handle both duties)

6. Duke

7. Thigpen

8. EJ

9. Mario Williams (just not gonna fit with Rex and free up lots of cash)

10. Jordan Mills

11. Hogan

12. McKelvin

13. Goodwin (can't stay healthy)

Needs: LB, Safety, Kicker, WR, OL

14. Harvin (can't stay healthy)