Tyrod Taylor has the slowest release time in the NFL

Being last the release time stat isn't a good thing. The Bills propensity for holding penalties certainly is impacted by this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/26079/beat-the-clock-aaron-rodgers-quicker-release-helps-packers-offense-improve

This doesn't surprise me. It's a weakness. The silver lining, though, is all of the bombs he has completed.

It's one of his 3 deficiencies IMO:

1) ball must come out quicker

2) must see the middle of the field better

3) climb the pocket to safety instead of breaking it

The good news is that all 3 can be improved as the game slows down for him. I don't know that he'll improve enough to be THE guy, and that's why you draft another potential guy

The good news is that all 3 can be improved as the game slows down for him. I don't know that he'll improve enough to be THE guy, and that's why you draft another potential guy

Yeah I agree with this. Also, would add that Roman's pass offense takes a bit longer for the patterns to develop than some teams.

Yeah I agree with this. Also, would add that Roman's pass offense takes a bit longer for the patterns to develop than some teams.

Good point. Some of that is WR based, as once Harvin went out, the team lacked another WR besides Watkins that can get open in the 1st 3 steps of a route

There are all kinds of factors, but just by watching, you can see that he holds the ball for a long time, and often takes too long to make a decision.

He will get better.

I don't know why it's taking Hogan soo long to get open coach? I wait and wait and wait

LOL....its kind of funny in a way

TT is a big play quarterback.......and for years we have bitched about qbs on this team that throw short of the sticks....throw short and never test the deep field

Do your thing Tyrod. Your game is coming along nicely

yes please!!

Not totally unexpected from a Rookie QB (essentially). This stat doesn't bother me at all.

same here. I think this is common from first year starters. Also, when he is running in the pocket, that likely also increases the release time. Big Ben prob had a high release time his first year or two. Was the most sacked QB. Not saying he will become Ben, but the stat is not a killer. He's not Rob Johnson.

same here. I think this is common from first year starters. Also, when he is running in the pocket, that likely also increases the release time. Big Ben prob had a high release time his first year or two. Was the most sacked QB. Not saying he will become Ben, but the stat is not a killer. He's not Rob Johnson.

Well he is much worse than the other first year starters like winston and mariotta, who are actual rookies not 4 year vets

Agreed on all counts.

I will go a step further. I would extend him as if he were the guy. We have had no one close to him in production for years. Unless the guy we draft surpasses him and proves it, I hang onto TT.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh