Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

The Pegulas said they would interview every HC candidate, they went to the meeting not expecting much, they left the meeting saying this is the guy. Of course Whaley was there and he got on board with his bosses decision.

So your contention is that Whaley is a yes-man and if he had on-the-field concerns, he kept them to himself?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link?

Ryan blew the Pegulas' mind when they interviewed him, Ryan's hire is on them.

This has been posted many times recently. Google Whaley Bills hire Rex Ryan and hear Whaley simply gushing over Rex after the interview process. He was 100% behind this hire. Rex was his man.

So your contention is that Whaley is a yes-man and if he had on-the-field concerns, he kept them to himself?

No, my contention is that he's on board because his bosses are the ones deciding who is the HC. It's not about being a yes man, it's about doing your job, and that is to get talent to the team.

Whaley could have been on board with Ryan but if the Peulas weren't, Ryan wouldn't be the coach today.

They may have thought he was a good coach.

But he's not.

Wonder what idiot was advising Pegs. Or maybe it was just his decision, tho I find that hard to believe.

I can think of two (potential)idiots advising on the Rex hire. One idiot saw future season ticket sales spikes and other revenue. No issue there but such a non football person should have no input on a HC hire based on marketing. The other is learning on the job

His mentor, no more than a lifelong scout and a asst. GM title. will never be listed as one of the brighter GM's in league history.Whaley is a lame duck which may or may not limit his future in Buffalo. Does Pegs throw down a 5 year contract? Doubtful IMO.

Edited by Best Player Available

No, my contention is that he's on board because his bosses are the ones deciding who is the HC. It's not about being a yes man, it's about doing your job, and that is to get talent to the team.

Whaley could have been on board with Ryan but if the Peulas weren't, Ryan wouldn't be the coach today.

His job description also includes advising the Pegulas on who to hire. And he was for Rex.

The coaching hire rests on Kim and Terry primarily. Rex came to their house to watch the Super Bowl and knocked their Sox off. Like the NFL Country Bumpkins they are,they fell for it.

Whaley has done a good job IMHO. WE HAVE A TALENTED ROSTER. if we can't win with it, its not Whaleys's fault.

Edited by reddogblitz

He could have been for Rex but if the Pegulas weren't, he wouldn't have been the coach.

You don't know that. But it doesn't matter in this case because Whaley was completely enamored of Rex and was there to help the Pegulas pull the trigger. Whaley had made this very clear after the signing. Why pretend otherwise?

You don't know that. But it doesn't matter in this case because Whaley was completely enamored of Rex and was there to help the Pegulas pull the trigger. Whaley had made this very clear after the signing. Why pretend otherwise?

Of course I don't.

Ryan needed to enamore the Bills owners not just the GM. He accomplished that with or without Whaley's help.

Greg Roman has been a big disappointment so far. Do you watch the games?

He killed the development of Colin Kaepernick with San Fran. The situation got progressively worse the longer he was there.

Under Roman, the 49er pass offense was pathetic. They ranked consistently at the very bottom of the league. In his best year, the passing ranked only 23rd. Sad, but true. The other three years they ranked 29th and 30th twice. Horrible!

Overall, the offense never ranked in the top 10 and three years they ranked no better than 20th.

His play calling in big games for SF was equally pathetic.

Based on history, the alleged dispute between Whaley and Roman is a recipe for disaster regarding Sammy Watkins. Whaley put his career on the line by over paying for Watkins and now he has an offensive coordinator who has a passing offense track record that sucks!

If I had to choose I would keep Whaley and dump this inept coaching staff led by the idiot Ryan and his incompetent assistants. The record shows Ryan and Roman are unacceptable options going forward. Whaley could draft a star QB and Roman would ruin him.

Despite living in Northern California, I don't watch the Niners but my friends who are Niners fans tell me that most of what I tell them about the Bills offense this year is what they saw with Roman in SF. The issues earlier in the year in getting plays in while the play clock was running down, which it seems they're actually doing better at. Going away from what was working in the first half. Failure to consistently get the ball in the hands of the weapons like V. Davis & Crabtree.