Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

REX MUST GO!!!! Rex is a very bad football coach. No more proof is needed than our division rivals, the NY Jets. Without REX and with no substantial additions other than Bowles, the perennial losers are now 9-5.

Now take a 9-7 team, add some talent to it and take a bad coach like REX and the team descends to 6-8. There should be a clause in this contract for inept suckiness. Rex does not deserve this job, nor does he deserve to get paid to lose it. Fire him and don't pay this blowhard idiot another dime. I don't care who we get on D, this 3-4 system will not work. REX sucks!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REX MUST GO!!!! Rex is a very bad football coach. No more proof is needed than our division rivals, the NY Jets. Without REX and with no substantial additions other than Bowles, the perennial losers are now 9-5.

Now take a 9-7 team, add some talent to it and take a bad coach like REX and the team descends to 6-8. There should be a clause in this contract for inept suckiness. Rex does not deserve this job, nor does he deserve to get paid to lose it. Fire him and don't pay this blowhard idiot another dime. I don't care who we get on D, this 3-4 system will not work. REX sucks!

Let's not go too far there. You can't say Revis and Cromartie are not substantial additions.

You don't like Rex and now he was on the grassy knoll.

You are absolutely right. I never liked the Rex hire. I didn't like him in NY and my preconceived thoughts about his competency have been realized, sad to say.

A Rex Ryan coached team is not known for its discipline. The Bills are one of the most penalized teams in the league. You may be surprised by what is happening but I am not. A Rex Ryan coached team is not known for its collective intelligence. You may be surprised how often our players do stupid things on the field that can be crushing but I am not.

This is certainly not a "grassy knoll" type of conspiracy against him. It is about actually watching the games in which he is coaching and in real time witnessing how things are transpiring. This is about performances that is being displayed for everyone to see and the record, which is the ultimate measurement of success and failure in this sport. You may be impressed by him but I am not. You may not find him accountable for the stunning descent of a team that was expected to be in the hunt for a wildcard playoff team but I do.

What excuses are you going to come up with to explain this season? Are you going to blame the PSI levels of the balls we use? Are you going to blame the officiating? Are you going to blame the scheduling?

You are right I never liked the Rex hire. It made no sense to me. When you hire a huckster you get a huckster. Watch the games more closely and you will better understand what I am talking about.

no substantial additions other than Bowles?

Starting QB

#1 WR

Both starting outside corners, including the best in the league, plus a slot corner who was starting outside on another team last year

Starting Safety

#6 pick in draft Pass Rusher

New OC

New GM who actually knows what he's doing on building a team

None of that is substantial? I'm not the biggest Rex fan right now but at least get the facts straight

Edited by YoloinOhio

Let's not go too far there. You can't say Revis and Cromartie are not substantial additions.

Cromartie has been horrific this year. And Revis has lost a step.

no substantial additions other than Bowles?

Starting QB

#1 WR

Both starting outside corners, including the best in the league, plus a slot corner who was starting outside on another team last year

Starting Safety

#6 pick in draft Pass Rusher

New OC

New GM who actually knows what he's doing on building a team

None of that is substantial?

Revis is not the best in the league. Leonard Williams is seeing how many snaps per game?

You are absolutely right. I never liked the Rex hire. I didn't like him in NY and my preconceived thoughts about his competency have been realized, sad to say.

A Rex Ryan coached team is not known for its discipline. The Bills are one of the most penalized teams in the league. You may be surprised by what is happening but I am not. A Rex Ryan coached team is not known for its collective intelligence. You may be surprised how often our players do stupid things on the field that can be crushing but I am not.

This is certainly not a "grassy knoll" type of conspiracy against him. It is about actually watching the games in which he is coaching and in real time witnessing how things are transpiring. This is about performances that is being displayed for everyone to see and the record, which is the ultimate measurement of success and failure in this sport. You may be impressed by him but I am not. You may not find him accountable for the stunning descent of a team that was expected to be in the hunt for a wildcard playoff team but I do.

What excuses are you going to come up with to explain this season? Are you going to blame the PSI levels of the balls we use? Are you going to blame the officiating? Are you going to blame the scheduling?

You are right I never liked the Rex hire. It made no sense to me. When you hire a huckster you get a huckster. Watch the games more closely and you will better understand what I am talking about.

The truth is complicated. Sorry, I don't like simple answers.

But let's say it's all Rex. So what? He is not going anywhere.

Edited by jeffismagic

The truth is complicated. Sorry, I don't like simple answers.

But let's say it's all Rex. So what? He is not going anywhere.

Of course the systemic failure of the organization is a complicated issue going beyond a mediocre HC. However, just because he isn't totally to blame for this failed season doesn't mean that he shouldn't be held accountable for his contribution to it. I agree with you that I don't think he is going to be dismissed. That isn't something that I would celebrate over!

Edited by JohnC

Of course the systemic failure of the organization is a complicated issue going beyond a mediocre HC. However, just because he isn't totally to blame for this failed season doesn't mean that he shouldn't be held accountable for his contribution to it. I agree with you that I don't think he is going to be dismissed. That isn't something that I would celebrate over!

I honestly don't care right now. Vegas has Bills at 8.5 wins. Only super fans are honestly surprised.

Bills need to communicate a plan moving forward. I haven't bought into next year yet.

Cromartie has been horrific this year. And Revis has lost a step.

Revis is not the best in the league. Leonard Williams is seeing how many snaps per game?

The point, would you say all of these were NOT substantial additions? It's simply not true the only difference for the Jets is the coach. It is true with the Bills though on D.

The point, would you say all of these were NOT substantial additions? It's simply not true the only difference for the Jets is the coach. It is true with the Bills though on D.

Would you say Percy Harvin was a substantial addition to the Bills? Nah, because he got hurt and is a non-factor. Same with Cromartie and Leonard Williams.

It could be for show.

OTOH, it would be a risk to fire the coach.

[*]It sends a message to any prospective coaches about the organization itself. The Bills had a head coach opt out after less than 1 year under new ownership and fire the next guy after 1 season. That doesn't look like a good situation from the outside. Of course they can always hire a Mike Pettine type coach, but is that just rearranging the deck chairs?

I don't see our situation the same as the Bills situation. The Browns were in full rebuild mode and they ditched their coach after 1 season which looked bad (although not likely a bad decision). This is because coaches of rebuilding teams are supposed to be treated with patience.

The Bills were not a dumpster fire. They were coming off a 9-7 season and had a top-5 defense. Our old coach bailed out (really an unusual situation), so we were forced to pick someone else. Someone who would best build on our recent success (i.e. Improve our offense at the same time of maintaining our top-5 defense). Rex, being a defensive coach, ironically did the complete opposite. I'm sure if we completely cloned the success of last season (top-5 D and mediocre offense), people here would be relatively happy. So, I don't think NFL people would view firing Rex poorly.

Would you say Percy Harvin was a substantial addition to the Bills? Nah, because he got hurt and is a non-factor. Same with Cromartie and Leonard Williams.

So, you agree with the point made, there were NO substantial additions other than the coach?

Leonard Williams snaps were reduced after Richardson came back from suspension but until November he was playing about 90 percent of snaps, now he's at about 50. They don't want him to hit the rookie wall, supposedly. He's PFF's #2 defensive ROY (behind Darby) and has 18 QB hits and 3 sacks. I'd say he has been a very positive addition.

They overpaid for Cro IMO but he's better than Antonio Allen who they had to start at CB last year because they had no one else. He was a converted safety who had already converted to safety from LB. That's just bad roster building. Allen and Darrin Walls were their starting corners. They had to play zone, a lot.

The biggest difference are the secondary and Fitz/Chan/Marshall. Totally different team on offense and defense.

Edited by YoloinOhio