Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

Schwartz as head coach and we would be in the playoffs. A top 5 defense with this halfway decent offense would have been a 10 win team. No reason to blame anything on Roman. The only thing Rex has done has vouched for Tyrod and made a bunch of promises he couldn't live up to. They need to blow up the whole team starting with the scouts and front office. Too many losers that have had a position of power for lots of losing seasons

No doubt.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying it for years...I think the main problem with this team during this stretch of futility has been brandon. Until they get rid of this cancer that had infected the whole organization, the bills will continue to spin their wheels.

Unfortunately, given the big vote of confidence from the Pegulas in giving him the Sabers FO as well, I think he's staying.

I still wonder how much influence Brandon had on the Watkins trade-up. For years, the Bills made some kind of a grand "see, we signed a star!" splash each off season (TO, Merriman etc) which had "marketing" all over it. When you watch the video of the Bills War Room during the trade, the FO people including Brandon, are positively giddy. Dealer Doug has his best poker face on, but the rest are jumping around fist pumping and high fiving.

Unfortunately, given the big vote of confidence from the Pegulas in giving him the Sabers FO as well, I think he's staying.

I still wonder how much influence Brandon had on the Watkins trade-up. For years, the Bills made some kind of a grand "see, we signed a star!" splash each off season (TO, Merriman etc) which had "marketing" all over it. When you watch the video of the Bills War Room during the trade, the FO people including Brandon, are positively giddy. Dealer Doug has his best poker face on, but the rest are jumping around fist pumping and high fiving.

I still think it was zero.

My god if this is true Doug Whaley is a moron...but hey I have been saying this for two years now. Wants to get rid of Greg Roman...REALLY??? :wallbash:

More and more of his tenure is looking like a Tom Donahoe clone.

Greg Roman has been a big disappointment so far. Do you watch the games?

He killed the development of Colin Kaepernick with San Fran. The situation got progressively worse the longer he was there.

Under Roman, the 49er pass offense was pathetic. They ranked consistently at the very bottom of the league. In his best year, the passing ranked only 23rd. Sad, but true. The other three years they ranked 29th and 30th twice. Horrible!

Overall, the offense never ranked in the top 10 and three years they ranked no better than 20th.

His play calling in big games for SF was equally pathetic.

Based on history, the alleged dispute between Whaley and Roman is a recipe for disaster regarding Sammy Watkins. Whaley put his career on the line by over paying for Watkins and now he has an offensive coordinator who has a passing offense track record that sucks!

If I had to choose I would keep Whaley and dump this inept coaching staff led by the idiot Ryan and his incompetent assistants. The record shows Ryan and Roman are unacceptable options going forward. Whaley could draft a star QB and Roman would ruin him.

Schwartz as head coach and we would be in the playoffs. A top 5 defense with this halfway decent offense would have been a 10 win team. No reason to blame anything on Roman. The only thing Rex has done has vouched for Tyrod and made a bunch of promises he couldn't live up to. They need to blow up the whole team starting with the scouts and front office. Too many losers that have had a position of power for lots of losing seasons

I agree with your first 4 sentences. The scouts, though - seem to be doing better at talent ID in the draft and at bringing in late-season pro fill-ins than we've seen for years, and we have had pretty much 100% turnover in the positions of power there - who in the pro personnel/scouting department has been in power for "lots of losing seasons"?

I still think it was zero.

Have you watched that video? I have no way of knowing who the prime mover was, but "zero" is a hard sell after watching it.

I agree with your first 4 sentences. The scouts, though - seem to be doing better at talent ID in the draft and at bringing in late-season pro fill-ins than we've seen for years, and we have had pretty much 100% turnover in the positions of power there - who in the pro personnel/scouting department has been in power for "lots of losing seasons"?

Have you watched that video? I have no way of knowing who the prime mover was, but "zero" is a hard sell after watching it.

He liked the move. DW probably said, "Sammy is a playmaker and will be a huge factor on offense. He'll really help EJ out!" And RB was a fan of that turn of events.

If you think the GM is making decisions based on how well they'll "market," he should be fired.

After watching the Bills regress on defense this year and seeing Rex's game time decisions, I am convinced the Bills will not get back to the playoffs under Rex.

how dos that apply to the Whaley quote?

this original subjective note from Canfora was about Whaley.

Why are you talking about Ryan

Unfortunately our coach is a moron.

simple as that. or maybe not that simple.

but its good you have a firm standing in your opinion. I do appreciate consistency.

Chris Trapasso ‏@ChrisTrapasso 5s5 seconds ago

Obviously not on all current #Bills employees. But almost unfathomable for 1 NFL organization to miss playoffs for that many years in a row.

What is sad is no hope in sight at all.The team was built for a run this year.

let the rebuild for rex's D begin. Then blow that up in 18. After he crashes.

enough with Schwartz as head coach, he was horrible at it the last go around. What they should have done was picked a HC who wanted to keep Schwartz as his DC and would work to fix what was broken, the offence.

Some guys are better at being coordinators then they are at being HIs, and Schwartz appears to be one of them

Strange - the showdown is over how the OFFENSE has played? o_O

I mean, I want to see Sammy featured too, but chalk some some of that up to a first year QB. But the D, that's been the letdown...

Right - this would make SO much more sense if it were about the defense

I don't think that Whaley is irreplaceable, but if it between him and Rex "shortbus" Ryan, I'm keeping Whaley and hoping Pegula uses the loss however many millions he would owe Rex as a learning experience to do a better job at finding a competent coaching staff.

I'm kind of hoping and even predicting that the Pegula's offer Ryan half his remaining to go away.

Crazy stats today - the Bills offense had 452 yards, 240 rushing yards, zero turnovers, won the time of possession battle, and the qb had a rating of 112.9.

And the game was never close.

they have won the stat battle in at least 2-3 other losses this year. Maddening.

Roughly the same D personnel last season kept ppg at 18. The windbag has it at a TD higher. Yep, that's all on Whaley.... :doh:

Seriously - what in heck is the complaint with Whaley?

Best player on the field for the Bills today - Hughes - the guy Whaley STOLE from the Colts then re-siged long term

enough with Schwartz as head coach, he was horrible at it the last go around. What they should have done was picked a HC who wanted to keep Schwartz as his DC and would work to fix what was broken, the offence.

Some guys are better at being coordinators then they are at being HIs, and Schwartz appears to be one of them

Yep. Likewise, some guys are better at being scouts than they are at being GMs, and Whaley appears to be one of them. Bring on the czar, please.