Why can't Buffalo win?

RunninRebel37

There are several way the "league" allows any given team to win.

1. Be a league (NFL only) founding team with original ownership still in tact. Steelers, Giants, Bears all qualify. This is the golden ticket.

2. Build a new stadium. Indebting a city toward the future of the "league" will grant you a winner for a given amount of time. Most of this will occur prior to voting on the stadium proposal. Must have fans drunk on success as the grossly misuse public funds. (49ers, Colts, Cardinals)

3. Ownership must have ties to a major league sponsor. (Seahawks, Broncos)

4. Don't be an aging city in a decrepit stadium, where the fanbase is already built in. The "league" built itself on these people, and knows they will always be there. It does not need to bend games for these folks. They drink the cool-aid each year, and are the backbone of our league, but require no special treatment. Not even #2 can help this scenario. Browns, Lions, and our beloved Bills are notable members here.

All other winners are a revolving pool chosen at random. It's rumored that there is a meeting where that years winners are chosen. It's also rumored that at this meeting Virginia McCaskey sacrifices a lamb here, and herself, the Rooney's, Mara's, and Goodel all drink the blood. These are purely rumors and can't be substantiated.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you possibly disagree with this? Most not all Bills fans are some of the most pessimistic fans around. Bills fans expect to lose because over the years the Bills have done so. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Images that can't leave our heads or hearts. Kicks sailing wide right. Kick offs being returned and fumbles to give the opponent the winning TD.

Sorry but to say you strongly disagree with that is fine and you can do it. To me it is like saying I strongly disagree that the sky is blue.

What affect do fans' pessimism have on the game? The fans don't play. At the end of the game when it's close and I'm thinking the Bills are going to choke you think our collective mind powers influence the players on the field?

1. Be a league (NFL only) founding team with original ownership still in tact. Steelers, Giants, Bears all qualify. This is the golden ticket.

2. Build a new stadium. Indebting a city toward the future of the "league" will grant you a winner for a given amount of time. Most of this will occur prior to voting on the stadium proposal. Must have fans drunk on success as the grossly misuse public funds. (49ers, Colts, Cardinals)

4. Don't be an aging city in a decrepit stadium, where the fanbase is already built in. The "league" built itself on these people, and knows they will always be there. It does not need to bend games for these folks. They drink the cool-aid each year, and are the backbone of our league, but require no special treatment. Not even #2 can help this scenario. Browns, Lions, and our beloved Bills are notable members here.

All other winners are a revolving pool chosen at random. It's rumored that there is a meeting where that years winners are chosen. It's also rumored that at this meeting Virginia McCaskey sacrifices a lamb here, and herself, the Rooney's, Mara's, and Goodel all drink the blood. These are purely rumors and can't be substantiated.

this is hilarious. but there's at least a kernel of truth. it all comes back to ownership. the bills now have a legitimate chance of being good.

Rex blew it. This team is every bit as good as the Chiefs yet he chose to be arrogant enough to totally mess up the 4th best defense because he thought he knew better than the last crew that was here.

The good thing about 2016 is that there will be a viable head coach in Roman here to take over if Rex needs to be shown the door.

If the Bills tank these last three games I'd pull the ol' rip cord on the Rex era, name Greg the head coach and hopefully welcome back Schwartz.

the Bills are a paid vacation to these guys

:huh: .............. :lol:

love this

I'd have to say it all starts at the top of the flow chart with the Bills being run by a marketing guy the last 8 years or so. Russ Brandon is still the team's CEO, and sitting at the top of the flow chart.

A lot of bad football decisions have come down the pike in all that time because the team had no viable NFL experienced GM after Tom Donahoe was fired all the way back to 2005. Marv Levy wasn't qualified to be an NFL GM and was only here because his old friend the owner asked him to be. Buddy Nix was 70 years old retired ex-assistant GM and director of player personnel and he was never an actual GM before the Bills. Current GM Doug Whaley was a rookie GM when he replaced Buddy Nix in the 2013 offseason.

When you don't have a really good experienced football man at the top then it all filters down to every hire, and player acquisition becomes somewhat questionable. Clearly it looks like the Bills made the wrong choice for new head coach, and the team he came from is now 9-5 as the 5th seed in the playoff picture :cry:

I'm hoping these new owners hire that football czar they talked about hiring the last offseason, and they were in talks to hire ex-Bills great GM Bill Polian. This team is still in desperate need of a senior experienced football man at the top of the flow chart to keep the marketing guy, and new owners out of the football operations loop. JMHO

I know this is the question on every fans mind right now but seriously? Our roster is talented, the coaching isn't bad (although the defense isn't playing anywhere NEAR as well as most thought) but this team just can't seem to win. I think Tyrod is the best QB we've had since Drew Bledsoe so I don't want to hear its the QB's fault. What is it that this team just CANT find a way to do?

Does this team deserve such a loyal fan base after producing nearly two decades of laughable ineptitude?

I've said this before and I'll say it again: The Bills are (and for the past 15 years have been) a collection of individual athletes and not a "team". Players like Mario, Shady, Sammy, Gilmore, Dareus are set on a pedestal in Buffalo (small market team). They play well individually, but in the end, it really is all about them (and their next contract). I know, I know...we have all seen the pictures of Shady's charity softball tournament and Dareus at Children's Hospital (and their charitable contributions are fantastic), but what I am referring to is the cohesion that Kelly, Thurman, Reed and Bruce shared. We are devoid of any cohesive team unity; that is the driving force that takes teams over the top and the basic framework that converts a group of talented individual athletes into a "team" that wins games. When a less talented player like Brooks or Dixon gets called for a dumb foul, the "leaders" should be in their face, lecturing them, and setting an example. The glimmer of hope, at this point, is Tyrod. He seems more vocal, intelligent and dedicated than the others referenced above.

I'd have to say it all starts at the top of the flow chart with the Bills being run by a marketing guy the last 8 years or so. Russ Brandon is still the team's CEO, and sitting at the top of the flow chart.

A lot of bad football decisions have come down the pike in all that time because the team had no viable NFL experienced GM after Tom Donahoe was fired all the way back to 2005. Marv Levy wasn't qualified to be an NFL GM and was only here because his old friend the owner asked him to be. Buddy Nix was 70 years old retired ex-assistant GM and director of player personnel and he was never an actual GM before the Bills. Current GM Doug Whaley was a rookie GM when he replaced Buddy Nix in the 2013 offseason.

When you don't have a really good experienced football man at the top then it all filters down to every hire, and player acquisition becomes somewhat questionable. Clearly it looks like the Bills made the wrong choice for new head coach, and the team he came from is now 9-5 as the 5th seed in the playoff picture :cry:

I'm hoping these new owners hire that football czar they talked about hiring the last offseason, and they were in talks to hire ex-Bills great GM Bill Polian. This team is still in desperate need of a senior experienced football man at the top of the flow chart to keep the marketing guy, and new owners out of the football operations loop. JMHO

+1

I know this is the question on every fans mind right now but seriously? Our roster is talented, the coaching isn't bad (although the defense isn't playing anywhere NEAR as well as most thought) but this team just can't seem to win. I think Tyrod is the best QB we've had since Drew Bledsoe so I don't want to hear its the QB's fault. What is it that this team just CANT find a way to do?

Does this team deserve such a loyal fan base after producing nearly two decades of laughable ineptitude?

The Curse of Ralph has not been fully lifted yet, Pegs didn't throw out all of his trash.

How can you possibly disagree with this? Most not all Bills fans are some of the most pessimistic fans around. Bills fans expect to lose because over the years the Bills have done so. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Images that can't leave our heads or hearts. Kicks sailing wide right. Kick offs being returned and fumbles to give the opponent the winning TD.

Sorry but to say you strongly disagree with that is fine and you can do it. To me it is like saying I strongly disagree that the sky is blue.

Wrong.