New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

On 6/16/2020 at 7:32 PM, Big Blitz said:

Are the Tar Heels next?

The book Grandfather Tales of North Carolina History (1901) states that:

During the late unhappy war between the States it [North Carolina] was sometimes called the "Tar-heel State," because tar was made in the State, and because in battle the soldiers of North Carolina stuck to their bloody work as if they had tar on their heels, and when General Lee said, "God bless the Tar-heel boys," they took the name. (p. 6)[10]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_Heel

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

American style, peacefully, democratically and progressively!! :) 

I can tell you that I love peaceful protests that only peacefully destroy a few city blocks at a time.

Edited by Koko78

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

We are better off getting rid of hateful symbols. America is truly a great place for EVERYONE 

George Washington Statue Toppled by Antifa Black Lives Matter Mob in Portland

by Kristinn Taylor

Original Article

A statue of George Washington was toppled by Antifa and Black Lives Matter protesters in Portland, Oregon Thursday night. The statue and its base were spray-pained with anti-American slogans including the New York Times “1619” propaganda slur. American flags were burned on Washington. No police were present until the statue was felled.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

George Washington Statue Toppled by Antifa Black Lives Matter Mob in Portland

by Kristinn Taylor

Original Article

A statue of George Washington was toppled by Antifa and Black Lives Matter protesters in Portland, Oregon Thursday night. The statue and its base were spray-pained with anti-American slogans including the New York Times “1619” propaganda slur. American flags were burned on Washington. No police were present until the statue was felled.

Probably a false flag attack by right wing provocateurs 

51 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I can tell you that I love peaceful protests that only peacefully destroy a few city blocks at a time.

Are you proud of the Southern Confederacy? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Probably a false flag attack by right wing provocateurs 

It was not.

I am sure even someone as sheltered as you knows that.......................but I realize that there is no defense for tearing down GEORGE WASHINGTON.

So you have to go with a lie.

queen-lynching-statues.jpg

George Washington Just Got Cancelled and None of This Is Going to Stop

One of the great delusions among many who are currently sitting on the sidelines is that if they just give the mob an inch, it’ll be satisfied with an inch and go home.

But I think, deep down, everyone knows that’s not true. If the Trump era has taught us anything, it’s that feeding the mob only emboldens the mob.

In that respect, that’s one reason why so many are reluctant to buy into the Black Lives Matter movement. It’s not that they are against protecting black lives. Rather, they see the inevitable overreach and note that the train never slows down once it gets rolling. Normal people said “Hey, let’s talk about sensible police reforms” after the George Floyd killing. BLM said let’s abolish the police and capitalism is evil. Left-wing activists never stop because their goal is never really what it is first articulated as.

Case in point? Many were against the widespread destruction of Confederate statues, not because they cared deeply about those specific statues, but because they knew that allowing such third-world behavior would lead to other things. Well, we are now at that point.

The police were nowhere to be found as the statue of George Washington wasn’t just toppled, but was desecrated with phrases like “**** the police” and “1619” among mentions of “BLM.” Of note is that Washington was 113 years from even being born in 1619. The country he would later lead was also over 150 years from being established.

But none of this has to make sense. This movement is not one of intellectual heft or nuance. It’s one of cheap slogans and indiscriminate hate. Giving in to the mob, even if the mob may have a point on some marginal issue inside their mess of an ideology, only leads to more violence and destruction. That’s why it’s best to not play the game at that point.

Every politician and pundit who’s spent the last week trying to rename military bases is complicit in this madness. Your pathetic coddling of these domestic terrorists led to this.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

George Washington Just Got Cancelled and None of This Is Going to Stop

One of the great delusions among many who are currently sitting on the sidelines is that if they just give the mob an inch, it’ll be satisfied with an inch and go home.

It's the natural course of the Leftist movement. After Washington, it will be all of the Founding Fathers, then anything they had to do with.

2776-TubeDocument-Constitution-3_grande.bill+of+rights+list.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE CONFEDERACY !

We told you that back on the first page in 2015..........

Imagine being on the Right and being such a sucker that you thought it was ever about a military base named after a general who died 150 years ago.

• Like (+1) 4

First, they came for the Confederates...

by Monica Showalter

Original Article

First, they came for the Confederates... Now that they've toppled Robert E. Lee, and various lesser emblems of the Old South, they're going after far more important targets, and worse still, getting away with it. Is it too extreme to compare the mass destruction of the public monuments and faces adorning cities across the U.S. to the monstrous dynamic that propelled the Nazis to kill? Yes, it's far from the same degree, but the underlying dynamic of what's happening is the same - a spiraling vortex of outrage, which being unchecked, eventually hits home. Three of the latest from San Francisco, are purest Taliban,

The hilarious part is, when you lefties will try to spin this as a "defense" of the confederacy, instead of what it is...........?

Reposted with edits:

A lot of you have been waiting to hear my take on all the uproar that's been going on lately. No one's actually told me this, but I just know it's true.

For the better part of this century I've felt that political correctness was the single greatest threat to our society. I couldn't quite explain exactly why, or how it would manifest, but I felt it in my gut.

Last year I spent some time reading up on the Bolshevik revolution and it started to become clear. I began to see the progressive movement as a covert marxist movement masquerading as social justice. It's the kind of statement that elicits eye rolls and allegations of "conspiracy theory," but If you substitute the class divisions of classical Marxism with the group identity divisions of social justice the pieces start to fall into place. 

I recall a conversation from several years ago where I was told PC simply means "perfect courtesy." The problems inherent in the demand for "perfect" courtesy aside, that perception illustrates how political correctness acts as a trojan horse.

Twentieth century America was too strong for a Bolshevik style revolution to succeed. Communism was highly unpopular and an overt campaign would be futile. Instead they set upon a gradual subversive takeover from within. To succeed it was necessary to sow division, pit groups against each other, tear down the institutions and traditions that have formed our cultural identity, and break the common bonds that unite people and allow us to live in relative harmony as one nation. They've used political correctness to accomplish that.

America's historical racial divisions were easy to exploit. The theme of America as a racist and oppressive country with marginalized victim groups struggling under the constant strain of active racism was steadily drummed into the national conscience. Speech codes with select buzz words were put in place to prevent anyone from stating truths that ran counter to the narrative. Swift and harsh retribution, demanded by an intolerant minority with the power of the press, effectively coerced compliance. 

The buzz words are associated with concepts that evoke a strong emotional response. Once the association is established in the public psyche, the language is manipulated to expand what falls under the definition of that buzz word. This enables them to deem offensive that which would otherwise be innocuous simply by tying it to a buzz word with a negative association. 

The most obvious example is "racism." The working definition has evolved from something along the lines of unfairly discriminating against others based on race, to believing in one's own racial superiority, to white recognition of racial differences (unless admiring the superiority of the minority), to the state of being white. 

That last example is not hyperbole. In woke terms, racism is inherrent to whiteness and cannot be avoided. The only path to redemption is to admit one's own racism and actively work to compensate for it. Consider this against the backdrop of a world where a "racist" is the lowest form of life, and one who must be expelled from society for the betterment of all.

One need not actually do anything that is hateful or detrimental to another to be deemed "part of the problem," as long as any action or statement can be interpreted to fit under the broadest definition of "racism," even if only in a very technical way. 

This manipulative association applies to symbols of culture and tradition as well.

The Kaepernick movement  is a perfect example of manipulating the perception associated with cultural symbolism to erode the spirit of the country. Whatever Kaepernick's reasoning, those with the power to push the narrative support it because it simultaneously stokes group division (a necessary ingredient) while stripping the flag and anthem (symbols of our national pride and identity) of their sanctity. If you're trying to conquer a society you certainly don't want massive displays of pride and respect to the symbols that represent the system you seek to topple.

For years they've gone to great lengths to deter any public expression of Christianity because it creates a common cultural bond among people (and gives them a higher power to look to than the state). This is why they've fought so hard to suppress Christmas. It's the same reason they want to inject political controversies into sports. They want to pervert every cultural tradition that brings people together.

This is the real reason why they're so determined to take down Confederate statues. Regardless of one's opinion of the Confederacy, this has nothing to do with eliminating racism or protecting blacks from the trauma of being offended by homages to figures from the distant past.  They need the confederacy to be categorically synonymous with racism and tear down all its remnants. The goal is to eliminate any sense of southern identity, divide people along racial, regional, and cultural lines, and most importantly, to set the precedent for eliminating all historical vestiges of "racism."

This sets the stage for the wholesale condemnation of the founding of America. The American people still overwhelmingly respect the founders and the Constitution. Those who seek to rebuild the country in their own image are positioning themselves to jump that hurdle.  

We will soon hear growing cries of sanctimonious outrage over the claim that America was founded by racist slave owners who should not be honored. The ideals of individual liberty on which the country was founded were espoused by those racists and are thus maligned by association. The Constitution is based on those ideals and did not immediately outlaw slavery, and is therefore illegitimate.

When that time comes, speaking out in defense of the founders will be politically incorrect. It will be seen as an act of racism. It's entirely likely that failure to actively denounce the founders will put you in company with the untouchables.

It's often said, and rarely true, but right now we really are living in dangerous times. The foundation of the amazingly stable system of freedom, equality, and prosperity that we increasingly take for granted is being set ablaze. The useful idiots, with no clear plan or purpose beyond opposing an abstact sense of injustice and a burning desire to be part of a movement, will ride the crazy train right up to the gates of hell. They don't realize that the people who start revolutions are not the ones who take power in their wake. They believe if things go wrong they can simply change their government. They're going to learn the hard way that once you let a fire get out of hand you can't just put it out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Reposted with edits:

A lot of you have been waiting to hear my take on all the uproar that's been going on lately. No one's actually told me this, but I just know it's true.

For the better part of this century I've felt that political correctness was the single greatest threat to our society. I couldn't quite explain exactly why, or how it would manifest, but I felt it in my gut.

Last year I spent some time reading up on the Bolshevik revolution and it started to become clear. I began to see the progressive movement as a covert marxist movement masquerading as social justice. It's the kind of statement that elicits eye rolls and allegations of "conspiracy theory," but If you substitute the class divisions of classical Marxism with the group identity divisions of social justice the pieces start to fall into place. 

I recall a conversation from several years ago where I was told PC simply means "perfect courtesy." The problems inherent in the demand for "perfect" courtesy aside, that perception illustrates how political correctness acts as a trojan horse.

Twentieth century America was too strong for a Bolshevik style revolution to succeed. Communism was highly unpopular and an overt campaign would be futile. Instead they set upon a gradual subversive takeover from within. To succeed it was necessary to sow division, pit groups against each other, tear down the institutions and traditions that have formed our cultural identity, and break the common bonds that unite people and allow us to live in relative harmony as one nation. They've used political correctness to accomplish that.

America's historical racial divisions were easy to exploit. The theme of America as a racist and oppressive country with marginalized victim groups struggling under the constant strain of active racism was steadily drummed into the national conscience. Speech codes with select buzz words were put in place to prevent anyone from stating truths that ran counter to the narrative. Swift and harsh retribution, demanded by an intolerant minority with the power of the press, effectively coerced compliance. 

The buzz words are associated with concepts that evoke a strong emotional response. Once the association is established in the public psyche, the language is manipulated to expand what falls under the definition of that buzz word. This enables them to deem offensive that which would otherwise be innocuous simply by tying it to a buzz word with a negative association. 

The most obvious example is "racism." The working definition has evolved from something along the lines of unfairly discriminating against others based on race, to believing in one's own racial superiority, to white recognition of racial differences (unless admiring the superiority of the minority), to the state of being white. 

That last example is not hyperbole. In woke terms, racism is inherrent to whiteness and cannot be avoided. The only path to redemption is to admit one's own racism and actively work to compensate for it. Consider this against the backdrop of a world where a "racist" is the lowest form of life, and one who must be expelled from society for the betterment of all.

One need not actually do anything that is hateful or detrimental to another to be deemed "part of the problem," as long as any action or statement can be interpreted to fit under the broadest definition of "racism," even if only in a very technical way. 

This manipulative association applies to symbols of culture and tradition as well.

The Kaepernick movement  is a perfect example of manipulating the perception associated with cultural symbolism to erode the spirit of the country. Whatever Kaepernick's reasoning, those with the power to push the narrative support it because it simultaneously stokes group division (a necessary ingredient) while stripping the flag and anthem (symbols of our national pride and identity) of their sanctity. If you're trying to conquer a society you certainly don't want massive displays of pride and respect to the symbols that represent the system you seek to topple.

For years they've gone to great lengths to deter any public expression of Christianity because it creates a common cultural bond among people (and gives them a higher power to look to than the state). This is why they've fought so hard to suppress Christmas. It's the same reason they want to inject political controversies into sports. They want to pervert every cultural tradition that brings people together.

This is the real reason why they're so determined to take down Confederate statues. Regardless of one's opinion of the Confederacy, this has nothing to do with eliminating racism or protecting blacks from the trauma of being offended by homages to figures from the distant past.  They need the confederacy to be categorically synonymous with racism and tear down all its remnants. The goal is to eliminate any sense of southern identity, divide people along racial, regional, and cultural lines, and most importantly, to set the precedent for eliminating all historical vestiges of "racism."

This sets the stage for the wholesale condemnation of the founding of America. The American people still overwhelmingly respect the founders and the Constitution. Those who seek to rebuild the country in their own image are positioning themselves to jump that hurdle.  

We will soon hear growing cries of sanctimonious outrage over the claim that America was founded by racist slave owners who should not be honored. The ideals of individual liberty on which the country was founded were espoused by those racists and are thus maligned by association. The Constitution is based on those ideals and did not immediately outlaw slavery, and is therefore illegitimate.

When that time comes, speaking out in defense of the founders will be politically incorrect. It will be seen as an act of racism. It's entirely likely that failure to actively denounce the founders will put you in company with the untouchables.

It's often said, and rarely true, but right now we really are living in dangerous times. The foundation of the amazingly stable system of freedom, equality, and prosperity that we increasingly take for granted is being set ablaze. The useful idiots, with no clear plan or purpose beyond opposing an abstact sense of injustice and a burning desire to be part of a movement, will ride the crazy train right up to the gates of hell. They don't realize that the people who start revolutions are not the ones who take power in their wake. They believe if things go wrong they can simply change their government. They're going to learn the hard way that once you let a fire get out of hand you can't just put it out.

Was this a conscious decision by some one or group to do this?  If so, who?

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Was this a conscious decision by some one or group to do this?  If so, who?

It's not so cut and dry and I really don't have the exact answer. I have some theories, but nothing I'd lay out as definitive.

It's important to remember that they don't have to all be in it together. They just have to share the same vision. 

Academia is filled with Marxists - the overwhelming majority of the most prestigious universities are run by Marxists. Most major media outlets are run by Marxists. The Democrat party has been largely taken over by Marxists.

They're not a monolithic group, and there is infighting among the factions, but the proof is in the proverbial pudding.

Bernie Sanders, a life-long Marxist, nearly won the Democrat nomination. He was only thwarted because he was too open about it and threatened to hurt the cause. It has to be subversive to work.

Socialism has become openly accepted by the msm. Chris Matthews was cancelled for pointing out that actual socialism, as opposed to the watered down version that amounts to a market economy with extensive social programs as is popular in Europe, is tyrannical and dangerous.

Antifa and BLM are self-avowed Marxist organizations, and they are the media darlings spearheading this movement. People didn't organically rise up and riot in every major city across America because a cop killed a guy in Minnesota. It was clearly orchestrated by the aforementioned organizations (I would like to know exactly who is funding them), and facilitated by the media.

Ultimately it's people with money, power, and influence who desire a strong ruling class because they believe they will be part of the ruling class. It's hard to identify them specifically because they are a disparate groups that operate behind the scenes. 

There are others on this board that can explain this better than I.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

Not new..................but it explains those responses.

Cj_SR0gUgAIaZCi.jpg

Well I think it’s wrong to say people are blaming their problems on a statue. 

What Conservatives think the answer will be to this question:

Why are you tearing down these statues?

”Because they’re oppressive!!”

When the answer will likely be:

”I dunno.”

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Not new..................but it explains those responses.

Cj_SR0gUgAIaZCi.jpg

Not for nothing, but I doubt those labels existed when Teddy was alive.

• Haha (+1) 1

ARMED DEMONSTRATORS LEAVE RICHMOND MAYOR WITH TOUGH DECISION: 

A .45-caliber handgun was tucked in the waistband of Jasmine Kelley’s shorts Sunday night as she stood outside the Robert E. Lee statue on Monument Avenue. She purchased it for about $475 last week, and it hasn’t been fired yet.

As the protests against racial prejudice began three weeks ago, Kelley, 29, quickly decided her role would be to protect others. She started by calling other protesters to check on their safety. Then, they were given walkie-talkies so they could communicate faster. Then, other protesters started showing up with guns in an effort to protect others.

Now, as groups assemble around the Lee statue every day in what has become a campground-like environment, a loosely organized group of men and women with handguns and rifles patrol the area, intent on keeping visitors safe. They chose not to divulge how many armed participants they have, except to say there are “plenty.”

Now, I don’t have a problem with this, but I’m not the city’s anti-gun mayor or a member of its anti-gun city council. They clearly do have issues with citizens lawfully carrying firearms in parks and other public places, so what happens on July 1st when their gun ban takes effect? Will they start arresting the armed protesters at the Lee statue? Or will they decide that even though the law is now in effect, there’s no need to enforce it?

As Cam Edwards writes, much like Mayor Jenny Durkan ignoring the guns being brandished in Seattle’s CHAZ, “I suspect that [Mayor Levar Stoney (D)] will develop a sudden case of amnesia in the coming days and forget all about the city council’s actions last year.”

16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And, as predicted, they are now coming for statues of Jesus, and stained glass windows depicting Him.

I thought Jesus was brown?  I'm so confused now.

• Haha (+1) 2