Who are we rooting for to win the SB? Me? The Jets.

stevestojan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arizona

Yeah. I'd love to see Carson Palmer win it all. He got jobbed (as did the whole Bengals team) when von Oelhoffen kneecapped him in the playoffs during his best previous shot at winning it all. In fact, I think I'd be great to see him go up against the Bengals in the Super Bowl. That's obviously very unlikely with Dalton injured, but I'd still like Palmer and Arizona to make it.

BTW Why do so many people want to see Fitz win a Super Bowl? Look I know he's a nice guy that embraced the community, but he never even took us to the playoffs. If it would be the case that Gailey and Fitz would win it all, it would mean that the Jets piggybacked off of miserable years for the Bills franchise in order to let this coach and QB work out the blunders in their game plan and execution. Now I wouldn't be a sore loser about it, but I sure as a Bills fan wouldn't like to see that situation especially since they are a division rival. Anyways one would have to be delusional to think that the Jets will even make it to the playoffs in the end with Fitzpatrick as their quarterback. It's not going to happen.

That's a valid way of looking at it.

But fitz and gailey are such decent guys. Fitz is the classic underdog too. Even if it meant that the jets piggybacked off of us, i would love to see fitz get one. Probably one of the few former Bills that I will always root for.

My dad has my kids get in a pool at the beginning of the year each year and when Ryan was 7 (14 now), he gave him the Cardinals to follow for the year and they made it to the SB in Tampa. Back then I coached in the little league NFL down here and was asked to get a bunch of my friends who were coaches to help with the NFL Experience.

It was a blast and met Calvin Johnson, Marshall Faulk, and so on as each session the NFL mandates current or past players are out there with us. My point is I became a default Cardinals fan when the Bills are not doing well like this year. He never stops talking about them and my oldest who was a QB for years is a diehard Broncos fan. It will be a war in this house if both teams make it and for comedic relief, I'm hoping to watch my boys go at it.

How do you not love Bruce Arians? When he left the Steelers, their defense went backwards for years. Turns the Colts into 11-5 when Pagano goes out with cancer, and following a 2-14 season (I know they had Luck but not really a talented team beyond him that year), and then finally gets his own team in the Cardinals who were 5-11 the year before, and wins 10 games. 11 last year (with 4 QBs and a ton of people on IR or suspended), and this year 11-2.

I love this team. Love Fitzy, John Brown, Floyd, good running game with now their third RB, and a top 5 defense. They have a lay up this week but have Denver and Seattle for their last two games. They are the only team i think can beat the Panthers, and can handle anyone in the AFC.

I so want to see Peyton beating Brady in NE. Great way to finish even if they lose in the SB.

just to finish, I love my Bills, but they aren't going anywhere with this coach.

I'd like to see Fitz go deep in the playoffs for old time's sake...but can't really see that happening. Other than that, as long as its not the Pats* I am pretty impartial unless I'm wagering on the Superbowl game

If he didn't take the $$ and then check out I might feel differently. But no. I won't be rooting for him just because.

It would only depend on who they faced before I rooted for the NYJets.

Yeah, we still have a chance at the playoffs. And I still have a chance at being good looking. But flashing back into reality for a second: who do you you root for?

I'm rooting for the Jets. Does this have something to do with Rex? Probably. But it has more to do with an unworthy underdog beating the Pats.

Jets 28. Panthers 20.

Yes, drinks. But go Jets.

Sorry -- I have two teams I consistently root for -- the Bills and whoever is facing the Jets. I'd skip the Super Bowl entirely if I had to root for the Jets.

For me, I'd root for Arizona