Start Tanking Now!

Jobot

Not even kidding. This team needs to tank the rest of the way to aim for as high a draft pick as possible and it should start this week

The season is done. I now wish we had lost to Tennessee and the Jets as we'd be in much better drafting position.

ps wasn't it great when Marrone beat the Patriots 2nd string to improve his coaching record??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they are in the top 5 it just doesn't matter that much.

Depending on how FA goes, they will have 2-3 O-lineman, 1-3 D-lineman, 2 LB's, a WR, a QB, a kicker, and a Safety to replace/add to the team.

As in almost every case they should trade down a few spots and get a few extra picks.

INconceivable. Only losers tank.

Imo

Truth.

However, I do believe that we should give some fliers a chance to play for roster spots next year. Once we're officially eliminated from contention, we should probably give EJ a start too. I've seen all I need to see from Taylor - unless we can get our hands on someone like Matt Stafford (which we won't) TT should be the starter next year with no "preseason battle".

Not even kidding. This team needs to tank the rest of the way to aim for as high a draft pick as possible and it should start this week

The season is done. I now wish we had lost to Tennessee and the Jets as we'd be in much better drafting position.

ps wasn't it great when Marrone beat the Patriots 2nd string to improve his coaching record??

Much more important for this team to look strong heading into the offseason than to lose games.

I think that you would even agree with this if the Bills did indeed turn it around and demolish Washington, Dallas and the Jets. Everyone could take some comfort that this team should be able to hit the ground running in 2016 after unfortunately taking the full 2015 season to settle into the new offense and defense.

The two guys who have the most riding on these last three games are Taylor and Thurman IMO. Taylor is going to be the starter next year, but will the FO feel the need to draft a QB early if he doesn't show improvement these next three games? Thurman is on seriously shaky ground because there's no way he can come back if the defense continues to play horrible.

Edited by 1billsfan

No way, like someone else said, if you're not in the top 5 then it doesn't really matter. I'd rather win out and attract a couple free agents that know we're a player or two away from the promise land.

Keep injured players who can still play out

Let Taylor experiment without pressure to win. Only run if done safely.

See what back up players like O'Leary can do.

This is the time to get ready for next season.

Unless they are in the top 5 it just doesn't matter that much.

Depending on how FA goes, they will have 2-3 O-lineman, 1-3 D-lineman, 2 LB's, a WR, a QB, a kicker, and a Safety to replace/add to the team.

As in almost every case they should trade down a few spots and get a few extra picks.

spot on

Truth.

However, I do believe that we should give some fliers a chance to play for roster spots next year. Once we're officially eliminated from contention, we should probably give EJ a start too. I've seen all I need to see from Taylor - unless we can get our hands on someone like Matt Stafford (which we won't) TT should be the starter next year with no "preseason battle".

such as ?

Honest question.

Don't sweat it....Bills are due for another trade up so we'll get into the top 10 one way or another.

:sick:

We still have a chance to make the playoffs and it's too late now. If we don't win another game the best we can do is around 10 or so. Why bother?

Last year the highest pick from a 6-10 team was number 8 with Atlanta. The lowest pick from a 9-7 team was Cleveland (from Buffalo) with 19.

Much more important for this team to look strong heading into the offseason than to lose games.

I think that you would even agree with this if the Bills did indeed turn it around and demolish Washington, Dallas and the Jets. Everyone could take some comfort that this team should be able to hit the ground running in 2016 after unfortunately taking the full 2015 season to settle into the new offense and defense.

The two guys who have the most riding on these last three games are Taylor and Thurman IMO. Taylor is going to be the starter next year, but will the FO feel the need to draft a QB early if he doesn't show improvement these next three games? Thurman is on seriously shaky ground because there's no way he can come back if the defense continues to play horrible.

Spot on. Look at the momentum Carolina carried into this year following how they finished the season out last year....to win the final three games of the season would be absolutely wonderful. It would set the tone for a productive offseason, build confidence among players, re-ignite optimism amongst the fan base, and I think most of us on this board would be as pumped for a season as we've been in over a decade. When is the last time the Buffalo Bills had a 3 game winning streak?