Talley on team cohesion:

The Big Cat

What did we win with Fred? Nothing. This Fredex madness needs to stop. That being said we do lack leadership. I really don't think Eric Wood fits the bill. Would you consider Barney Fife a leader? I just don't think Fred was the answer anyway. Our defense has been horrible. Even if Fred was on the roster, we need a leader on defense as well. Who is the leader on defense?

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrecks is as mouthpiece as it gets...

kiko< one year wonder... There is a great write up outta philly on how lousy his play has been. A few years from now once he's completely washed out folks will be astonished they got anything of value for they guy.... A la shep for Hughes...

He was awesome in Pettine's D. A scheme that utilizes laterally quick LB's with a nose for the football and great coverage skills. We now have that scheme.

If looking at the D was spikes a bigger loss than acknowledged?

My exact thought as I was trying to determine who our alpha is.

Again: Earl Thomas, James Harrison: you can't have a dominant defense without one dude who's a no nonsense, talk walking hard ass. I don't think we have that guy, and I think the D struggles as a result.

He was awesome in Pettine's D. A scheme that utilizes laterally quick LB's with a nose for the football and great coverage skills. We now have that scheme.

I'm not sure what the scheme is now. I don't rememberPettine dropping 99 into pass coverage. Even as a rookie he petered out once teams started running at him instead of away from him.

He's a dime MLB... Nothing more really.

I'm not sure what the scheme is now. I don't rememberPettine dropping 99 into pass coverage. Even as a rookie he petered out once teams started running at him instead of away from him.

He's a dime MLB... Nothing more really.

If only we could use a pass coverage LB in the middle of the field.

I'm guessing Rex wanted Fred Jackson to be retained to keep that leadership role. Whaley is the culprit in that one. I'm hoping Tyrod will become the team leader.

I don't think anything tells us what is true but if I'm going to argue with what you said I'd point out that Bilal Powell was in here for a look about 5 minutes after Rex got hired.

We need more than locker room guys, we need guys who have IT and can produce on the field first and foremost. That's the best leadership you can have. When the game is on the line who is that guy we turn to and say hey you have to make a play for us right now. At the NFL level you need to have self-motivated, driven players who are competitive as all hell. If you need somebody in the locker room to give the other guys pep talks then the mental makeup of the entire team is soft.

Although very brief clips, one of my favorite scenes from the Bills 30 for 30 the other night was when Steve Tasker was talking about all the talent they had on the team and then he said they weren't afraid to tell you that they were good either and then they showed a clip of Cornelius Bennett on the sideline going "I'm for real goddammit" and then to a clip of Bruce proclaiming 'Give me that defensive player of the year award" It gave me goosebumps, that's the kind of attitude that takes you to Super Bowls. A belief and confidence a guy has in himself. Those 90's teams were LOADED with players like that

The real problem with the Bills is that you don't come to Buffalo to win. Winners don't seem to want to go to Buffalo. Example, Mario Williams. He came here to be financially secure for his family and 8 generations of family from now. If you are interested in winning, you go to a team that has a winning culture like New England.

The real problem with the Bills is that you don't come to Buffalo to win. Winners don't seem to want to go to Buffalo. Example, Mario Williams. He came here to be financially secure for his family and 8 generations of family from now. If you are interested in winning, you go to a team that has a winning culture like New England.

So how does Pegula change this?

I just did. Do you not understand?

FRED JACKSON and we are 9-4 not because of his diminished skills but because of his leadership!

FRED JACKSON and we are 9-4 not because of his diminished skills but because of his leadership!

It sucks to lose leaders 6-7....:(

It sucks to lose leaders 6-7.... :(

It also sucks to lose your starting QB, all your WRs at some point, all your RBs at some point, your right half of the OL and their backups, your starting safeties, starting LBs and even starting DBs all to injury. Not to mention most of them playing when they do play. But somehow, its Fred not being here as why we aren't 9-4? Ya think that maybe there is a little bit more to it than just fred?

So how does Pegula change this?

Pegula cant change this. The players have to want to change this. So many of the SB Bills wanted to be the best. We had offensive and defensive players of the year on both sides of the ball, a special teamer who wanted to be the best special team player ever. Kelly wanted to be as good as Elway and Marino, Bruce shredded stair masters. quickly went from an overweight slug to a stud. I just dont see that desire/pride with the non playoff Bills.