Talley on team cohesion:

The Big Cat

Cool, so he is good at finding other people to work with (a nice skill). Maybe he can find a suitable 4-3 DC to takeover the defense he ruined.

The defense is not ruined. The argument rages on due in large part to horse **** hyperbole like that.

You know which defense this year's is better than? Every Bills defense since Dick Jauron save last year. That includes 2013. Get some perspective.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think coaching continuity is more important for an offense. It's mostly about the QB's having a consistent playbook, and terminology. Over the years, they can master it, and continually add nuances.

On the defensive side of the ball, I think consistent drafting of players for a scheme is more important. They have players for a 4-3, stick with it. Then you draft the right kind of guys, and can plug them in, season to season.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Says there's no unity.

But suggests it's up to the players to buy-in:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/14/analysis-lack-of-discipline-lack-of-togetherness-feed-flag-filled-season/

This is a nice little piggy back to yesterday's coach vs. players crap storm.

And of course I think we all agree that the coach sets a tone.

But it seems that Talley is indicating that all the tone setting in the world doesn't matter diddly if players don't buy-in.

Yesterday we asked "who is the leader of this team in the locker room?" I had the same conversation with some off-board buddies and one of them specifically mentioned Talley saying the leader doesn't have to be the best player. Talley wasn't. But he was the undisputed leader of that defense.

From what I can tell, and from Talley verifies in the article, there is no unifying player in our locker room.

And that's a major problem, folks.

Kyle Williams, but he is hurt