Lets talk draft

Pete

The Bills are clearly broken. And with Richie, Glenn, Bradham, Gilmore, Hogan, etc contract's looming-where do we begin to fix this team? Multiple linemen, a second tight end, edge rusher, linebackers, a safety- that's a start. Right now we are drafting 18th. Who should we be looking at? Where do we start?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for once, we enter the offseason with not too many holes to fill. Not sure if it's better or worse, but the fact is, we have talent, it just needs to be developed and used properly.

I think Safety will be our biggest need. Rex loves Safeties and the only one that had long term promise might be forced to retire. Graham isnt getting any younger (neither is McKelvin), and Duke has to go. Thank god Rambo has emerged. But we still need at least one more.

After that, I'd say LB.

And a speedy (but durable) WR to replace Harvin.

The Bills are clearly broken. And with Richie, Glenn, Bradham, Gilmore, Hogan, etc contract's looming-where do we begin to fix this team? Multiple linemen, a second tight end, edge rusher, linebackers, a safety- that's a start. Right now we are drafting 18th. Who should we be looking at? Where do we start?

Assuming that's where they end up, there's a lot of prospects that could improve the team positionally. If they're not comfortable at OT, they could look at a Jack Conklin or might have a shot at Taylor Decker. Early in the draft is way too early for a TE. There's none coming out that most people would have as a value pick before the 2nd round. A Reggie Ragland at ILB wouldn't be a bad pick. I'm assuming Preston is back healthy next year as well, so can't see them going OLB. Safety is like TE for me. I don't touch anyone early. If they go away from Mario (which I'm 50-50 that they do), they might be able to take Shaq Lawson to replace him. My two cents for what it's worth!

I have no idea yet because I have not studied this group coming out much...But my feeling is the Bills are going to go Defense in Round #1...Assuming a QB drops that they cannot pass on...

I would LOVE to see the Bills grab a jack-of-all-trades LB...Someone like Jamie Collins...Or Kuechly...But I imagine it's at least a fair bet no one like that is available in this coming Draft when the Bills pick...Maybe if they lose out there's a chance they can get Jaylon Smith...

The Bills are going to need help at LB, D-Line, S, QB, and O-Line for sure... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'd say LB. Don't know if it is the scheme or that they regressed, but I can't think of a single LB on this team that should be penciled in as a starter next season.

Scheme. Nigel was drafted to be a 4-3 OLB. He can manage in this defense, but it's not ideal.

Also, the extra responsibilities have them thinking too much. I thought they turned the page against the Pats. They need to consistently play that way. They looked slow and confused again yesterday.

I really didn't want to see this thread for another month or so...

After what I have seen against KC, Jacksonville, Philly- they still look like the same old Bills to me. The difference is our draft position is now 18 instead of top 10. We are getting closer. Lets build a team that will contend

After what I have seen against KC, Jacksonville, Philly- they still look like the same old Bills to me. The difference is our draft position is now 18 instead of top 10. We are getting closer. Lets build a team that will contend

Oh they are the same for sure. League leaders in let downs in big games since 1989... :cry:

Problem with getting closer is that our current and (albeit incorrectly used) talent ages, by the time you fill our current gaps, some of our players will be hitting the wall and ready to replace = more holes to fill.

It is a self-perpetuating cycle...

Oh they are the same for sure. League leaders in let downs in big games since 1989... :cry:

Problem with getting closer is that our current and (albeit incorrectly used) talent ages, by the time you fill our current gaps, some of our players will be hitting the wall and ready to replace = more holes to fill.

It is a self-perpetuating cycle...

Since Whaley took over, they've been drafting better, so it's becoming less of a problem.

#1 priority is determining if there is a QB in this draft worthy of taking and developing. If so, put a plan in place to go get him.

otherwise, we have plenty of needs. OL, LB, S, WR, Pass rushing DE (I expect Mario to be gone). Big space eating NT to anchor the middle of Rex's defense. I hate to say it, but I think it gets worse before it gets better. They are in a rebuild. Probably why Rex wanted a 5 yr deal.

Some people are anxious to use the first pick on a Safety?

If we're going to be drafting in the late teens, and we're speaking only about some non-specific "Safety" right now, then yes. I can get behind it for how important they are in Rex's scheme.

Obviously©, if there is better talent at LB or OL or DL there, then I'd be all for going that way.

If we're going to be drafting in the late teens, and we're speaking only about some non-specific "Safety" right now, then yes. I can get behind it for how important they are in Rex's scheme.

Obviously©, if there is better talent at LB or OL or DL there, then I'd be all for going that way.

I can't.

No way I want an emphasis placed on the Safety position, for the first round. And I thought Ryan's scheme placed priority on cornerbacks (like Revis and Cromartie)?

Apparently, Ryan's scheme places importance on all the positions we are weakest at (linebacker and safety). I should have known.

This team is likely going to end up in with a top 15 pick, methinks.