Lets talk draft

Pete

I don't have any faith in Urbik or Kouandjio lol. I'd like to give competition for Henderson and Miller.

I am fine with competition at any position. But thats points to how high Bills go to draft a player. and then we have the development timetable again.

I feel Miller might work out. Urbik is aging but can still backup. He played decent against the Texans.

Hendy? just not sure whats up there. and i fear Cyrus is just not going to maintain his health (knees or whatever it is). Maybe Mills is serviceable but after the Eagles i have no idea.

so yes we need more O line. we sure can agree on that BlueFire.

btw isnt that the name of the six cylinder corvette engine originally introduced? or was that blue flame : )

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for once, we enter the offseason with not too many holes to fill. Not sure if it's better or worse, but the fact is, we have talent, it just needs to be developed and used properly.

I think Safety will be our biggest need. Rex loves Safeties and the only one that had long term promise might be forced to retire. Graham isnt getting any younger (neither is McKelvin), and Duke has to go. Thank god Rambo has emerged. But we still need at least one more.

After that, I'd say LB.

And a speedy (but durable) WR to replace Harvin.

What?? How about this:

Offensive Line: every position except Center. Glenn and Incognito are free agents. Miller may be o.k. long term; he wasn't this year. RT is now a 3-headed disaster area. Henderson/CK/Mills -- at best, one backup out of the 3.

WR: Whaley and Rex understood they needed another playmaker. They got Harvin. He won't be back. That's a hole that still needs to be filled.

LB: Bradham is a free agent. Plus you'd like to upgrade what was a poor unit this year.

DB: Gilmore is a free agent. Aaron Williams is probably done. Rambo and Robey are o.k. purely as part-timers; I wouldn't want to rely on either getting pressed into a bigger role. Graham is no kid either.

And that's assuming Tyrod performs well in the final 3 games, at least well enough that you don't try to upgrade the most important position in the offseason.

There are so many holes to fill that it really is back to "best player on the board." In fact, if they let Mario go, you've got a need for a new pass rusher ...

I'm not saying you shouldn't give your opinion, just that's what I expect to happen. I just had my own personal "move on" moment back around maybe week 6. It was clear certain players don't fit the RR scheme, and there are many holes to be filled. And Rex will get his 1st round defensive player like always, while being lauded as a "genius."

The problem with the DC thing is that Thurman is Modkins. The whole Defense is Rex's, and it doesn't go without Rex going, IMO.

I hated it too FYI. But the Pegulas weren't canning Rex unless we were historically bad, and that ship has sailed. I think we hope for continuity, because I will lose it if we let certain players go this offseason, draft and sign new personnel, and then Rex goes after year 2.

I know you aren't happy about it either.

What if they lose out?

I can't see them firing Ryan, but if they think Ryan was a mistake, they can find ways to work around him.

And the kicker comment makes me hope they get to work on the Special Teams which, had they just been good (instead of horrid), might have turned a couple of games around.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I know you aren't happy about it either.

What if they lose out?

I can't see them firing Ryan, but if they think Ryan was a mistake, they can find ways to work around him.

And the kicker comment makes me hope they get to work on the Special Teams which, had they just been good (instead of horrid), might have turned a couple of games around.

Even if they lose out, Rex is getting next season his way. After that, anything goes IMO.

The second ownership starts intefering with coaching, we set a very dangerous precedent for future staffs. That, more than the Browns firing Chudzinski, has been the reason for the Browns coaching misfortunes.

Take a flier on Kevin Hogan in the 5th or 6th round. Guy showed some heart and flashes of great skill. But, Whaley will probably draft a special teamer instead.

I would take him in the 3rd if he is available and we have a pick.

Edited by Uncle Joe

What?? How about this:

Offensive Line: every position except Center. Glenn and Incognito are free agents. Miller may be o.k. long term; he wasn't this year. RT is now a 3-headed disaster area. Henderson/CK/Mills -- at best, one backup out of the 3.

WR: Whaley and Rex understood they needed another playmaker. They got Harvin. He won't be back. That's a hole that still needs to be filled.

LB: Bradham is a free agent. Plus you'd like to upgrade what was a poor unit this year.

DB: Gilmore is a free agent. Aaron Williams is probably done. Rambo and Robey are o.k. purely as part-timers; I wouldn't want to rely on either getting pressed into a bigger role. Graham is no kid either.

And that's assuming Tyrod performs well in the final 3 games, at least well enough that you don't try to upgrade the most important position in the offseason.

There are so many holes to fill that it really is back to "best player on the board." In fact, if they let Mario go, you've got a need for a new pass rusher ...

While I anticipate the Bills will try to extend him early, Gilmore is not a FA until 2017.

Even if they lose out, Rex is getting next season his way. After that, anything goes IMO.

The second ownership starts intefering with coaching, we set a very dangerous precedent for future staffs. That, more than the Browns firing Chudzinski, has been the reason for the Browns coaching misfortunes.

True. It would look bad to prospective coaches. Ugh, I guess they just have to let Ruinous Ryan run the the team into the ground.

What?? How about this:

If you read past the part you bolded, I said DB, LB, and WR. All you added were the OL spots, some of which I believe we will retain in FA, and the others Im totally not against drafting.

But we arent necessarily looking for a starting DB, and we are definitely not looking for a #1 WR. So our big needs are LB and somewhere along the OL.

As I said, not too many holes to fill. At least not any more than can be filled with some re-signs, a couple of FAs, and some draft picks.

I think Safety will be our biggest need. Rex loves Safeties and the only one that had long term promise might be forced to retire. Graham isnt getting any younger (neither is McKelvin), and Duke has to go. Thank god Rambo has emerged. But we still need at least one more.

After that, I'd say LB.

Safety? Our biggest need? Bills Fans are SO used to losing that some posters (not saying you) would actually condone making the same mistakes over and over. How about this years version of Donte Whitner? Unbelievable.

Btw if you covet linebackers, Alabama has not one but two who are fantastic players, Reggie Ragland and Ruben Foster. Anything can happen wrt draft picks, but both of them might be better than anybody on our roster right now.

The above hit is against one of the best running backs in college. Seriously, Fournette is that good. Foster destroys him and Ragland is rated higher than him.

Tape the game on New Years Eve and then let's talk if you are thinking linebacker! :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

Well, for once, we enter the offseason with not too many holes to fill. Not sure if it's better or worse, but the fact is, we have talent, it just needs to be developed and used properly.

After that, I'd say LB.

And a speedy (but durable) WR to replace Harvin.

I think the opposite

We need OL,LB,DL,S, and maybe even WR and CB

CBF