Lets talk draft

Pete

I can't.

No way I want an emphasis placed on the Safety position, for the first round. And I thought Ryan's scheme placed priority on cornerbacks (like Revis and Cromartie)?

Apparently, Ryan's scheme places importance on all the positions we are weakest at (linebacker and safety). I should have known.

This team is likely going to end up in with a top 15 pick, methinks.

DBs in general. He often likes to use 3 Safeties on the field at once. And right now we barely have 2 decent Safeties on the entire roster.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have a lot more holes than people realize, particularly if Glenn and Incognito depart in free agency. Right now, we need a RT, RG, linebackers (multiple), safety (depending on A. Williams), DE and WR.

Whaley has already pub said that wants to bring back Glenn and Cog

The RG's are on the roster.......people are gonna need to have patience with the rook and Urbk will likely be kept

I see a DE coming in free agency......linebacker's drafted......

DBs in general. He often likes to use 3 Safeties on the field at once. And right now we barely have 2 decent Safeties on the entire roster.

Why didn't they sign a Safety in the last off-season?

I'm too pissed off about the way the players already on the roster were misused, to accept that the defense needs to be revamped.

Get a new DC that can build on what's already here, and make Ryan concentrate on the overall game management. It's going to take 3 years before they will be ready to compete in the playoffs if they revamp the defense.

I'm too pissed off about the way the players already on the roster were misused, to accept that the defense needs to be revamped.

Get a new DC that can build on what's already here, and make Ryan concentrate on the overall game management. It's going to take 3 years before they will be ready to compete in the playoffs if they revamp the defense.

Because we had Aaron Williams, Graham, and Rambo. Not to mention a couple others in camp that they were waiting to see develop. And we did draft a CB with our first pick.

Aaron Williams going out was probably the largest blow to this team. It really set the Defense back, especially when we're talking about Rex's Defense.

Sounds like you want to revamp the defense more than I do. I just want to add a Safety. You're talking about bringing in a new DC?

Edited by DrDareustein

Because we had Aaron Williams, Graham, and Rambo. Not to mention a couple others in camp that they were waiting to see develop. And we did draft a CB with our first pick.

Aaron Williams going out was probably the largest blow to this team. It really set the Defense back, especially when we're talking about Rex's Defense.

Sounds like you want to revamp the defense more than I do. I just want to add a Safety. You're talking about bringing in a new DC?

We had 2 of those guys all season...if Safety was so essential to the Ryan Scheme, I would think they should have upgraded.

I hear people talking about getting a Nose Tackle, linebackers, and safeties that are more suitable for Ryan's Scheme. I'm hearing that Dareus, and Mario Williams are miscast in Ryan's Scheme.

I don't think just adding a safety will suddenly make the Ryan Scheme work.

I want them to go back to a scheme like the previous 2 seasons, and find a 3-down linebacker. Another safety would be nice too, but to me, the linebackers are the weakest link in the defense.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Trade down and collect picks.

The QB will always be the elephant till it isn't. But there will be no need to trade.

Nix's big WR open even when he isn't.

LBs safety( (A williams might be done and Graham is aging) great mentor) DT DE C TE.

RB

I think we do have holes to fill in both draft and FA. Do your Majic, Doogie

Nope. That's what is gonna happen. It was obvious from day one. Prepare for the rebuild.

The Bills are clearly broken. And with Richie, Glenn, Bradham, Gilmore, Hogan, etc contract's looming-where do we begin to fix this team? Multiple linemen, a second tight end, edge rusher, linebackers, a safety- that's a start. Right now we are drafting 18th. Who should we be looking at? Where do we start?

I think any draft discussion must begin with QB, but with Ryan as HC does that really matter as much?

Nope. That's what is gonna happen. It was obvious from day one. Prepare for the rebuild.

I don't expect it to happen. But people telling me that I should accept what is likely to happen, and just move on, a day after they get pushed out of contention, without giving an opinion on what I think should happen, is out of line.

I don't mind if people disagree, but there is no rush to "move on" just yet.

The ownership does have some options in how to direct the team, and a new DC doesn't seem outrageous to me, if they have lost regard for Rex Ryan.

Well, for once, we enter the offseason with not too many holes to fill. Not sure if it's better or worse, but the fact is, we have talent, it just needs to be developed and used properly.

I think Safety will be our biggest need. Rex loves Safeties and the only one that had long term promise might be forced to retire. Graham isnt getting any younger (neither is McKelvin), and Duke has to go. Thank god Rambo has emerged. But we still need at least one more.

After that, I'd say LB.

And a speedy (but durable) WR to replace Harvin.

I think we have a lot of holes to fill:

WR

RG

RT

DE (to replace Mario)

All 3-4 Starting LBs

S

CB to replace McKelvin

Backup QB

The good news is we don't have to get a starting QB.

I don't expect it to happen. But people telling me that I should accept what is likely to happen, and just move on, a day after they get pushed out of contention, without giving an opinion on what I think should happen, is out of line.

I don't mind if people disagree, but there is no rush to "move on" just yet.

The ownership does have some options in how to direct the team, and a new DC doesn't seem outrageous to me, if they have lost regard for Rex Ryan.

I'm not saying you shouldn't give your opinion, just that's what I expect to happen. I just had my own personal "move on" moment back around maybe week 6. It was clear certain players don't fit the RR scheme, and there are many holes to be filled. And Rex will get his 1st round defensive player like always, while being lauded as a "genius."

The problem with the DC thing is that Thurman is Modkins. The whole Defense is Rex's, and it doesn't go without Rex going, IMO.

I hated it too FYI. But the Pegulas weren't canning Rex unless we were historically bad, and that ship has sailed. I think we hope for continuity, because I will lose it if we let certain players go this offseason, draft and sign new personnel, and then Rex goes after year 2.

Edited by FireChan

I think we have a lot of holes to fill:

WR

RG

RT

DE (to replace Mario)

All 3-4 Starting LBs

S

CB to replace McKelvin

Backup QB

The good news is we don't have to get a starting QB.

You dont think the RG RT will develop? I would pick drafting the replacement for Eric Wood on a two year program

I laughed how you sighted the 3-4 linebackers. wise of you!

Rex is going to shift to his way of doing business.

Mario is ? mark for plenty of reasons, but mostly monies.

Leodis is a good fit still, but monies again

Ss and absolutely WRs. revamp the Wrs

You dont think the RG RT will develop? I would pick drafting the replacement for Eric Wood on a two year program

I laughed how you sighted the 3-4 linebackers. wise of you!

Rex is going to shift to his way of doing business.

Mario is ? mark for plenty of reasons, but mostly monies.

Leodis is a good fit still, but monies again

Ss and absolutely WRs. revamp the Wrs

I don't have any faith in Urbik or Kouandjio lol. I'd like to give competition for Henderson and Miller.