Bill's DC Thurman calls out ref video proof

17 Josh Allen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL ref looked uneasy, then looked like he was reaching for his flag.

In fairness, wasn't the one guy the official who can't figure out that whole clock winding thing? Most basic play in football and it continues to mess him up. Maybe it's because clocks these days don't have actual second hands on them anymore.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

All that did was buy further slanted officiating against Buffalo. Not sure what Rex has done in the past but refs seem to nitpick his team like none other.

Look around the league. In the Jets/Titans game there was like 6 total penalties in the entire game. We had 15!! That's absurdity. And multiple times this year. I blame the majority on our loosey goosey coaching staff and players...but some on over-officiating. Probably won't change until Rex is outta here.

Shocking that 55 year old men have a tough time keeping up with the speed of 25 year old super-athletes and making the right call every time. This isn't baseball. These guys actually move. Time to cut the average age by 20 years in this job.

Very valid point. In hockey, the refs are all excellent skaters because they have too, to keep up. So it makes no sense why in football they are all old/slow

Shocking that 55 year old men have a tough time keeping up with the speed of 25 year old super-athletes and making the right call every time. This isn't baseball. These guys actually move. Time to cut the average age by 20 years in this job.

Very valid point. In hockey, the refs are all excellent skaters because they have too, to keep up. So it makes no sense why in football they are all old/slow

Yep! Nobody is talking about this enough! Nobody!

The premise of this article is completely off: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/189925/nfl-officiating-slump-coincides-with-personnel-turnover

But the important takeaway: 75 of the NFL's 120 officials have 10-27 years experience. And 10 (10!!!) of those have 21-27 years.

It's way past time to reevaluate the apparent lifetime appointment that becoming an NFL referee is. OR it's time to significantly strengthen the rigors for annual assessment.

We have senior citizens chasing world class athletes.

How...HOW!?...did the referee yesterday call Sammy out of bounds on the long TD. He was standing RIGHT THERE. There was no contact. It was NOT CLOSE. ABSURD!

Are we even sure that Thurman said it and not just a fan standing by the tunnel?

Rex said he wasn't aware that Thurman said anything and he was walking right next to him. He could just be playing dumb, but who knows.

The ref looks backwards at the tunnel entrance, not at Thurman.

It was the wrong call on the field but there wasn't enough to overturn it.

Listen, I think the refs are absolutely horrid AND biased, and some may even be "on the take", but from what I saw, it was very clear that the tip of the ball hit the ground, and his hand was not under it, and that was not a good INT. Eagles should have kept the ball; the replay showed it clearly.

Listen, I think the refs are absolutely horrid AND biased, and some may even be "on the take", but from what I saw, it was very clear that the tip of the ball hit the ground, and his hand was not under it, and that was not a good INT. Eagles should have kept the ball; the replay showed it clearly.

It doesn't matter if the tip of the ball hits the ground as long as the player is controlling it. I don't think they could determine that Leodis wasn't controlling it.

The ball can touch the ground as long as it does not help the receiver catch it. Another large grey subjective area in the rule book, but it's there. It's not like McKelvin trapped it against the ground. He had it between his arm and body, and the tip touched the ground. Not enough there to overturn.