Before everybody gives up on this steam

andrewsz1991

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I bet you have been saying you have high hopes for the next year for the past 20 years! LOL Man, that's a long, long, time.

Nothing has changed and it will be the same for a minimum of another 10 years. More likely it will be the same for another 20 years. This franchise is a perennial loser and that's not going to change in your lifetime. This is worst organization in the NFL except for maybe Cleveland. Cleveland and Buffalo would be better off if they sunk into Lake Erie or moved to another city. .

Why do you come to this board if you feel this way? To vent some negative energy?

1. I can't believe I'm responding to this, as our season is obviously over

2. Pitt does not necessarily have to lose to Denver

3. The Jets do not necessarily have to lose to New England

4. Even with those things going that way, we need to a) win out and b) STILL get an upset from Pittsburgh

Nothing about the way the Steelers are playing makes me think they are going 1-2 in their final three. While I think Kansas City is a joke, they're not going 0-3 with this momentum they have now. The season is over and you can look to any one of our pathetic showings as the reason (JAX, NYG, KC, PHI).

It is not over, and I sure hope the team is not going to quit.

We need help from two of KC/Jets/Pitt all of whom have a good shot at getting to 10 wins.

I don't think KC loses out, and am not putting much hopes in this, but I am sure rooting against them against the Ravens on Sunday, and know that the Ravens have a shot.

I don't think the Steelers lose two of three after upsetting the Bengals, but with a game the Broncos really need on Sunday, there is a decent chance a week from today we are hoping the Steelers lose one of two.

I DO think the Jets lose the the resurgent Patriots, which is what we need from them. They could also lose to the Cowboys in Dallas and I am rooting for that, but it isn't likely or necessary.

Beat the Redskins, root for the Broncos, Patriots, and Cowboys this weekend.

Thinks like this happen in football, and I don't want our 6-7 do be what dictates our approach or effort or faith in game 14.

And if we can somehow 9-7 our way in, we could have one of the following matchups:

a Dalton-less Bengals team

a Manning-less Broncos team

a Luck-less Colts team

Face one of those on an emotional three game winning streak and playoff high, and there is a decent chance you get to play another game the following week (unfortunately most likely in Foxboro).

Edit: also root for the Packers over the Raiders, because even though they finish with the Chiefs, the Raiders winning out could spoil our 9-7 hopes even of the other things break our way

Edited by Koufax

It is not over, and I sure hope the team is not going to quit.

We need help from two of KC/Jets/Pitt all of whom have a good shot at getting to 10 wins.

I don't think KC loses out, and am not putting much hopes in this, but I am sure rooting against them against the Ravens on Sunday, and know that the Ravens have a shot.

I don't think the Steelers lose two of three after upsetting the Bengals, but with a game the Broncos really need on Sunday, there is a decent chance a week from today we are hoping the Steelers lose one of two.

I DO think the Jets lose the the resurgent Patriots, which is what we need from them. They could also lose to the Cowboys in Dallas and I am rooting for that, but it isn't likely or necessary.

Beat the Redskins, root for the Broncos, Patriots, and Cowboys this weekend.

Thinks like this happen in football, and I don't want our 6-7 do be what dictates our approach or effort or faith in game 14.

And if we can somehow 9-7 our way in, we could have one of the following matchups:

a Dalton-less Bengals team

a Manning-less Broncos team

a Luck-less Colts team

Face one of those on an emotional three game winning streak and playoff high, and there is a decent chance you get to play another game the following week (unfortunately most likely in Foxboro).

Edit: also root for the Packers over the Raiders, because even though they finish with the Chiefs, the Raiders winning out could spoil our 9-7 hopes even of the other things break our way

Is this your first season as a Bills fan or something?

Is this your first season as a Bills fan or something?

Nope, I was traumatized as much as everyone else by Norwood and the long slide since then, but like the Broncos in 1997 and Patriots in 2001 (each of whom had never won a super bowl and suffered through multiple losses too), I don't think that the past locks you in to a losing future.

I think what happens on the field the next three weeks is separate from Rob Johnson and Scott Norwood and Thurman's helmet and Bruce's flu shot.

It probably is not separate in the heart and minds of disappointed fans like yourself, but fortunately they don't impact the outcome. How the 46 guys in uniform perform compared to the other 46 guys in uniform is what matters.

Growing up a Bills/Red Sox fan (due to an ill timed move), and watching the here-we-go again down 3-0 to the Yankees in 2004 turn into FINALLY!!!!, I know that the unexpected can happen, and until it actually does, many fans will view it as impossible rather than improbable. I don't expect that to happen with the Bills this year, but I do expect them to beat the Redskins and keep playing like it matters, because it still does.

That's it. Get the EJ hate out while you can. :lol:

Never mind that he had no hand in losing to the lowly Eagles, the Patriots twice, and the Chiefs. We'll gloss over that for now.

NEWSFLASH EDIT:

The Jaguars are contenders for their division. When's the last time you could say that about this piece of **** team?

Before they lost to the Jags...

Playoffs not happening. We can't do deserve them if we have to rely on teams beating the teams we have lost to because we were incapable of beating them. If we did make the playoffs, we would get a different more capable team to play because we are exactly the opposite? Just saying.

Let me preface this.

1. This team is far too good to be in this situation and I am sick that this season is likely given away. Too many plays left on the field.

2. Coaching has been awful. Plain awful.

But, if bills win this week: and Pitt loses and or Kansas City gets upset, the playoffs aren't so far out of reach. It's a total longshot if you think about the scenario. We need Jets to lose one and then one to us, we need to win out and then we need Kansas City to lose out or pitt loses two.

It's a lot of work for a spot. But, if we win next week, and pitt loses to denver like they should. If the Jets lose in two weeks to New England like they should. Then we're only in need of Pitt getting upset in one of their last two games.

It's still a long shot. But, next week we could be looking with a whole lot of new optimism.

Just realized I said Steam... Queue the trolling. Please moderators fix this I'm not sure how?

You're not really paying attention to either of these teams are you?

That's it. Get the EJ hate out while you can. :lol:

Never mind that he had no hand in losing to the lowly Eagles, the Patriots twice, and the Chiefs. We'll gloss over that for now.

NEWSFLASH EDIT:

The Jaguars are contenders for their division. When's the last time you could say that about this piece of **** team?

Spin, spin, spin, spin... The Bills would win that division this season walking away. Even with that loss, the Bills still have a better record than the Jaguars. Even though the poster you responded to didn't say anything about EJ, the fact remains that he did cost us that game and we would be 7-6 and very much alive if he didn't. But as I've stated numerous times, I'm over the Jax game and they've had every opportunity to make up for it.

Until we're done I refuse to give up. Like I said and like so many of you have felt the need to point out... I know it's next to impossible.

But, what I'm saying is next week we could be looking at this season with a small glimmer of hope which personally I'd like to hold on to and care about games in December.

Steam sang that nah nah nah nah hey hey goodbye song.

that's all i know

An amazing coincidence, Fraudian slip, or whatever you want to call it. But mistakenly using "steam" in your title, could mean not only the Bills have run out of steam,for making the playoffs, or that old song by the group, Steam, with the lyrics " na na hey hey, good bye (as in the Bills "good bye" from having a chance for the playoffs). Is that what they call a (excuse the spelling) double entendre?

Anyway, gotta have a sense of humor to be a Bills fan. Go Bills in DC.

Until we're done I refuse to give up. Like I said and like so many of you have felt the need to point out... I know it's next to impossible.

But, what I'm saying is next week we could be looking at this season with a small glimmer of hope which personally I'd like to hold on to and care about games in December.

Are you channeling John Belushi from that scene in Animal House? "It ain't over till we say it's over!!!"