Bills punt from 36 instead of attempting a 53 yard FG...

Big Turk

And that could have been the difference in the game if Carpenter made it...

That is inexcusable...53 yards is nothing these days and Carpenter is usually pretty good over 50, last week not withstanding...

Now I'm even more pissed...shades of Chan Gailey saying a "50 yard FG is a long way and not too many kickers make them" when everyone is making them...

Speechless over this...

Yeah. I was surprised they didn't either go for it or kick the FG.

@TBNSports

Rex Ryan proves anything but aggressive on #Bills' fourth-down calls. @JaySkurski's analysis: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/13/ryan-proves-anything-but-aggressive-on-fourth-down-calls/

@JaySkurski

Here is what #Bills coach Rex Ryan said upon being hired in January about his "aggressive" offensive philosophy:

CWJuQQDU8AEUuJc.jpg
CWJuQQEUkAA4_xF.jpg

Did you not notice how aggressive his punt was?

Honestly, I have been speechless since week 2. In regards to the D anyways. Overall, the offense far exceeded my expectations.

Rex always seems lost on game day and the lack of discipline falls on him alone. However, he always appears prepared for the press. As far as I am concerned, Rex hasn't proven he deserves to be a mascot much less the HC!!!

Did you not notice how aggressive his punt was?

Honestly, I have been speechless since week 2. In regards to the D anyways. Overall, the offense far exceeded my expectations.

Rex always seems lost on game day and the lack of discipline falls on him alone. However, he always appears prepared for the press. As far as I am concerned, Rex hasn't proven he deserves to be a mascot much less the HC!!!

I was out with the family at Applebee's so I didn't listen to a lot of the game and must have missed it initially...

i didn't like the call either, but schmidt did put it out of bounds at the 3 yard line. at that point in the game, 3 or field position is a 50/50 call.

That is inexcusable...53 yards is nothing these days and Carpenter is usually pretty good over 50, last week not withstanding...

Now I'm even more pissed...shades of Chan Gailey saying a "50 yard FG is a long way and not too many kickers make them" when everyone is making them...

Speechless over this...

Speechless over this...

Yup, just another in a long string of poor decisions. Add to that, the poor clock management by the coaching staff at the end of the first half. When the Bills received the ball with about 3 minutes to go, they had every opportunity to run the clock down to the end, or at the least, run the clock down to very little time left.

But, as is so typical and consistent with the general stupidity ethos of this team this year, they do everything they can to not even get points, and to leave a good deal of time to the Eagles, and the result being = 3 points. How much did we lose by?

Yup, just another in a long string of poor decisions. Add to that, the poor clock management by the coaching staff at the end of the first half. When the Bills received the ball with about 3 minutes to go, they had every opportunity to run the clock down to the end, or at the least, run the clock down to very little time left.

But, as is so typical and consistent with the general stupidity ethos of this team this year, they do everything they can to not even get points, and to leave a good deal of time to the Eagles, and the result being = 3 points. How much did we lose by?

The end of the 1st half is where this game was lost -- poor clock management + getting nothing on our last drive, then handing the ball over to the Eagles and allowing them to get into FG range. 6 point swing, and it made the difference.

Just an awful awful play call. Kick the FG or go for it. But never punt at the 36. Thats crap conservative coaching when the playoffs are on the line. May as well hand them 3 - 7 points. Pure Tom Foolery

Carpenter is too blame because of his inconsistency all year.

Its still the right call to kick when playoffs are on the line.

Just an awful awful play call. Kick the FG or go for it. But never punt at the 36. Thats crap conservative coaching when the playoffs are on the line. May as well hand them 3 - 7 points. Pure Tom Foolery

Its still the right call to kick when playoffs are on the line.

And it worked out because the Eagles went 3 and out.

Speechless over this...

I'm fine with it. The Bills have a great punter, a inconsistent FG kicker, and a pedestrian OL. The punter pinned the Eagles back very deep which was the intent when punting it. Given the makeup of the Bills team, I think it was the correct call at the time.