Sully Blasts McCoy

I found it awesome to see him granting a Make-A-Wish to a fan of his prior to the game which was caught on video. People are so quick to judge and call him a jerk, and he's emotional about his job and had a bad day at the office and that's that. To me though, calling him a jerk when he took time out before the game to spend time with a fan and make her smile and laugh shows that when you take out the competitive nature of his job, he does have a softer, good side to who he is.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it awesome to see him granting a Make-A-Wish to a fan of his prior to the game which was caught on video. People are so quick to judge and call him a jerk, and he's emotional about his job and had a bad day at the office and that's that. To me though, calling him a jerk when he took time out before the game to spend time with a fan and make her smile and laugh shows that when you take out the competitive nature of his job, he does have a softer, good side to who he is.

You make it seem as if the bad day at the office was the ONLY instance of him being a jerk and not backing up his talk, but as we have seen it is not the case. I'm sure you can find many jerks who have done at least one nice thing in their lives.... but it doesn't change the assessment!

Sully is such a hack. I want my players pissed off that they lost. And he greatly glosses over the early 90's Bills. The "bickering bills." McCoy was pissed that they lost. I'd like to see this passion from more players and the coaches (how about benching a serial dumb a** penalty committer for a drive?)

and he got dumped for a 10 yard loss on a poorly designed play.

The O-line was AWFUL, again, in this game. And the D line somehow, yet again, managed to be a non-factor.

You make it seem as if the bad day at the office was the ONLY instance of him being a jerk and not backing up his talk, but as we have seen it is not the case. I'm sure you can find many jerks who have done at least one nice thing in their lives.... but it doesn't change the assessment!

What I was referring to is that too many fans forget that on Sunday when they're playing, that's work. Everyone has bad days and good days, there have been articles showing his competitiveness, his unwillingness to settle for losing, and not being the friendliest guy after a loss or bad day. For people to refer to him as a jerk when only looking at that side of him is wrong. Now we base an assessment on someones entire personality because of one or two things they do? Seems pretty shallow to me.

If we had won yesterday no one would be mentioning this at all.

insane. shady is super competitive and this game meant a lot to him. hell if i was in the same spot i'd do exactly the same thing. and i'm sure there were plenty of people who had a similar reaction to the out come of the game. throwing things and swearing? check did that. not wanting to talk to anyone for a little bit? check did that. the stats show shady is a good player. he hasn't said anything about any other teams. i could understand if he was like this every game. though i'm not sure why i'm going on here, sully always does these kinds of articles. why not focus on the defensive coach who's defense was amazing last year and has been schemed into being a joke?

Shady is probably the only big diva on this team. If anyone is wondering why they shipped him off then wonder no more. Put on your diamond watch and Louis Vuitton shirt and open your bank vault and throw around your money. Because that's what football is about right? What a baby

Funny this wasn't an issue when we were winning games and he was running for 100+ yards.

I think that's exactly it though. I could forgive McCoy for his pregame dbaggery of kissing the Eagle or of his insistence on griping about the trade and making it all about him IF he had an explosive day yesterday and carried the team on his back to victory. All that pregame stuff would have been removed or at least mitigated but in the end he and the rest of the team couldn't get it done when it mattered.

I think that's exactly it though. I could forgive McCoy for his pregame dbaggery of kissing the Eagle or of his insistence on griping about the trade and making it all about him IF he had an explosive day yesterday and carried the team on his back to victory. All that pregame stuff would have been removed or at least mitigated but in the end he and the rest of the team couldn't get it done when it mattered.

That's the risk when you shoot your mouth off. He didn't have a bad game but he certainly didn't make Eagles fans miss him. Also when you talk all week about wanting to win for Shady, doesn't it kind of drop the hint on who the Eagles D should focus on?

Sully does have a point. McCoy is not likeable at all.

11 yards on 8 carries in the second half....very poor performance

No excuses, but his performance went south after Clay got hurt. Clay being out also affected Sammy. Robert Woods played ok, but Cly getting hurt had a major impact yesterday.

he's a low brow hack.(Sullivan)

you don't even have to guess which articles are his. Every time someone posts something about this guy, I post the same reply.

"I do not for the life of me understand how the Buffalo News still employs such talent-less writer."

His opinion means less to me than a mosquito fart.

he's a low brow hack.(Sullivan)

you don't even have to guess which articles are his. Every time someone posts something about this guy, I post the same reply.

"I do not for the life of me understand how the Buffalo News still employs such talent-less writer."

His opinion means less to me than a mosquito fart.

Because polarizing opinions gets views and readers.

and he got dumped for a 10 yard loss on a poorly designed play.

It was poorly designed and executed not only on that play, but all game long because the Bills couldn't figure out that they needed to give Fletcher Cox the same special attention that they gave JJ Watt in the previous game. The guy wrecked the Bills offense in the second half no matter who he lined up against.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So the Bills lay an egg and are essentially eliminated from the playoffs and Sully writes an article about someone being a poor loser and not talking to the media?

I've defended Sully plenty on here but that's an off base article given what occurred on the field today. There are so many perfectly Sully negative articles that deserved to be written about the actual game, he couldn't choose one of those topics?

It's what I would've written too. McCoy, amazing ability aside, is obnoxious. Me, me, me, me, me, me.

All this build-up, jilted lover antics, implied bigotry, kissing the Eagles' logo, and not even having the class to shake hands?

He deserves this opinion piece, and more.

Sully is a no-talent hack. Not even qualified to wrote for a HS paper. Watched the Bucky and Sully show last season, The only reason Gleason did;t puch him was because he was paid to be there.