Carucci: Bills won't discuss Whaley's future during season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not keeping whaley i believe would be a mistake. but i am also at the point that i don't care what happens i just want to win. I'm tired of losing. in a league with this much parody the bills have been able to continue to be inept. just win thats i care about

I thought this was the No Fun League. I didn't realize they were doing parodies. B-)

Except he and "Whales" are INCREDIBLY close. Brandon will have nothing to do with Whaley being gone and will certainly be lobbying to the Pegulas to keep him. It may not matter but if Whaley is gone it will 100% be an ownership decision (and the wrong one IMO).

I agree.

In the paraphrased words of Pegula himself "We're here to win Championships. If I want more money, I'll drill another well."

Pegula and Brandon should (and most likely do) care more about winning than pleasing sponsors. If this team wins, theyll have plenty of sponsors with or without M&T.

I dont think that is true at all. Winning IS the legacy. No one looks back and says "We were 4-12, but man those sponsors were awesome".

I don't believe for a second that Russ Brandon cares more about winning on the field than running a profitable business.

owners can say that, until they start losing money. for the sake of argument they are equally important.

this is a business, the business is entertainment. it just happens to be a lot more entertaining when your winning.

I don't believe for a second that Russ Brandon cares more about winning on the field than running a profitable business.

owners can say that, until they start losing money. for the sake of argument they are equally important.

this is a business, the business is entertainment. it just happens to be a lot more entertaining when your winning.

Ok, Brandon I'll give you since that's his job. But I doubt youd ever get the Pegulas to admit they care more about sponsors than winning.

If he indeed made a major blunder, which is highly arguable, it seems to be more than an oversight versus a diabolical going around the back or "going rogue" incident. The worst thing he did is not tell a non-football guy about a football move. That issue can be solved with a simple "Hey, next time it's a huge unexpected cut like this with a signature player, let us know." Done deal. It's not sinister even if he did it.

I thought the Pegulas had previously rejected a rumor that Fred was going to be cut. If DW then did it anyways, that was not a good move.

why would they bring this up now?

I think Doug Whaley has done a decent job of bringing in good young talent. No one can be 100%

Opinions will change if the Bills don't finish with a winning record, or make the playoffs perhaps.

And wasn't it Rex's idea to bring in TT?

I'm confused.

If they fire Whaley, I'm guessing whoever takes his spot has to be willing to take the job and keep Rex as head coach. What decent GM wants that limitation? The other option is Rex gets full control.

Either one sounds terrible.

Whaley's not getting fired, but he may not get extended when his contract is up after this year. I think it's still TBD with 4 games left, but anyone who thinks right now that it's not possible is extremely naive.

Edited by Rico

Fired/not extended same thing.

So who calls the shots then? Rex Ryan? God I hope not.

Does Pegula really love that guy that much? Rex being in charge of personnel would be an absolute disaster.

I'll give Rex credit for Tyrod and some other signings in the offseason, but Whaley assembled a very good defense that Rex had made a mess of.

I don't think Rex. I'd say either the football czar that Pegs wanted last off-season with Polian, or a more traditional GM with a lot more clout than Whaley currently has.