Bills Release Mulligan and Promote O'Leary

Hmm, wonder if another team may have shown interest in O'Leary and the Bills made the move before he could be signed.

If he was that good that the Bills didn't want to lose him, why wasn't he pulled up from the PS before now? I mean the depth he was behind included Gragg and Mulligan...now he's too precious to let go?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was that good that the Bills didn't want to lose him, why wasn't he pulled up from the PS before now? I mean the depth he was behind included Gragg and Mulligan...now he's too precious to let go?

because nobody wanted to sign him until this week?

Serious question: who is the backup long snapper now?

It was Mulligan.

It appears that Ryan Groy did some long snapping at the 2014 Shrine game and showed well; he must be the new emergency LS.

Eric Wood is the emgergency long snapper. He practice it about 5-10 mins either on gameday or everyday.

Edited by Protocal69

So you dump Mulligan to prevent that? That means they thought he was better than Mulligan. So why not promote him sooner?

As said upthread, his ceiling is higher than Mulligan, and Mills' decent play and Henderson return give them more blocking comfort.

It's clear they want to see oleary in camp next year. Chances are Mulligan is back when Karlos returns

As said upthread, his ceiling is higher than Mulligan, and Mills' decent play and Henderson return give them more blocking comfort.

It's clear they want to see oleary in camp next year. Chances are Mulligan is back when Karlos returns

Hard to know what his ceiling is from the PS. No one gets better there...

Mulligan has been shaky. Would have made sense to promote O'Leary if they wanted him to get a start at reaching his ceiling.

Mulligan has been shaky. Would have made sense to promote O'Leary if they wanted him to get a start at reaching his ceiling.

Not sure where you're going with your questions, other than usual trolling pattern.

So you dump Mulligan to prevent that? That means they thought he was better than Mulligan. So why not promote him sooner?

Closing out the book on Mulligan: 4 penalties and one pass reception for 2 yards. His net offensive contribution was -38 yards. The coverage he drew on the TD was a mistake by the Texans. I have more yards than Mulligan.

This smells like the Patriots wanting us to release mulligan, I would not be surprised if they signed him off waivers. I really didn't think to highly of him, I would rather have a 6th lineman line up.

Also it's a little funny that the golden bear's grandson needs a "Mulligan" to get in the NFL.

Somewhere north of your "blocking comfort" stuff.

Disagreement with you isn't usually trolling. But pat yourself on the back anyway.

Not sure why it's a hard concept. Right now Mulligan is a better blocker than O'Leary, but clearly O'Leary showed them something in practice that made them want to keep him. With no prior interest in O'Leary, there was no rush to add him to the active roster. Not too difficult of a concept.

If this was week 2, Bills probably would have let O'Leary go.

You know there is a chance that O'Leary might have improved......

John, logic is NOT allowed on this site!!

Mulligan has been shaky. Would have made sense to promote O'Leary if they wanted him to get a start at reaching his ceiling.[/quote

Sincerely,

Tyrod Taylor]

IMO I would have ran a lineman in for Muligan and have him declare eligible. The Bills can still do this and liekly upgrade the blocking from the TE position.

Mulligan was never a passing threat anyways.

Edited by peterpan