anyone catch DB's comments about JP!

ndirish1978

"I don't really see myself ever playing backup, particularly for JP"

Man if there was a problem between these guys they did an excellent job keeping it under wraps.

242267[/snapback]

Yep, I heard it. He's a true class act. He's just pissed he was replaced by a guy he thinks couldn't carry his jock. Truth be told, at this point in his career, Drew couldn't carry 50% of the QB's in the leagues jock.

Man if there was a problem between these guys they did an excellent job keeping it under wraps.

242267[/snapback]

In the context it was meant as a compliment.

Essentially I don't want to play backup to a guy who would never play poor enough for me to get back in.

I thought Drew handled that PC with class...until I heard that backhanded comment. I lost a bit of respect for him when he said that, and perhaps it reveals another side of his character. we already know that he has a skewed perspective of his own abilities, but to make that comment is just low-roading it, no ifs and or buts.

don't let the door hitcha

that being said...JP had better be an upgrade immediately, or this staff of coaches will look pretty bad. I'm confident that they're right. They really studied it, and came to the conclusion we were all hoping for. And we were hoping for it because Drew just can't get it done when it matters most.

242267[/snapback]

I am almost 100% certain this WAS NOT said. The question was did he not want to be a backup period, or just not to JP. He said he did not want to be a backup, no matter who was in front of him. PLease get your quotes str8 before posting here. I am happy Drew is gone, but do not make the guy out to be the second coming of TO or something.

Now, he did emphatically he thought he was the BEST choice for the team going forward, implying that he is better than JP, but frankly I would expect any NFL player to say the same thing

Frankly I didn't hear it, but it seems to me that that's the way he must have meant it.  It really makes no sense as an insult.

242305[/snapback]

If you heard the whole thing, Bledsoe went out of his way to compliment the Bills, Losman, and his teammates. I am sure their are some hard feelings (that would only be normal), if this is the best that can be done to dig up dirt, get another shovel...did you catch his very last comment? Parapharasing: "I know when you guys go and write your stories about this conference call, you won't quote everything, but please, don't leave out the fact that I think Bills fans are some of the very best in the leauge." Maybe he doesn't come to TSW after all!

I am almost 100% certain this WAS NOT said. The question was did he not want to be a backup period, or just not to JP. He said he did not want to be a backup, no matter who was in front of him. PLease get your quotes str8 before posting here. I am happy Drew is gone, but do not make the guy out to be the second coming of TO or something.

Now, he did emphatically he thought he was the BEST choice for the team going forward, implying that he is better than JP, but frankly I would expect any NFL player to say the same thing

242317[/snapback]

Dude, quit drinking the kool-aid. He said what he said, and you're calling someone a liar? Can you say knob?

please....

IMHO, I think the best explanation is that he wasn't going to be a backup for someone who is just starting to cut his teeth in the league as opposed to being behind Manning or someone similar.

In other words, "I wouldn't even consider backing up Peyton Manning, let alone JP Losman."...

Pal did you listen to the conferance call. Point out to me where he calls JP out

242328[/snapback]

Bledsoe did add especially not for JP. I though it was interesting and his right to say it. Since that is the worst thing he said in an otherwise friendly goodbye, a lot of you folks got a lot better than you deserved. :huh:

please....

IMHO, I think the best explanation is that he wasn't going to be a backup for someone who is just starting to cut his teeth in the league as opposed to being behind Manning or someone similar.

In other words, "I wouldn't even consider backing up Peyton Manning, let alone JP Losman."...

242335[/snapback]

I hope you're right. I was really taken aback when I heard him say that. He did say "I don't think I"d be happy being a backup to anyone, particularly JP" Whatever the motivations are for it, he could have used less misinterpretable words. People will argue tomAYto or tomAHto about it for a week. At the very least, it was a careless comment.

I hope you're right. I was really taken aback when I heard him say that. He did say "I don't think I"d be happy being a backup to anyone, particularly JP" Whatever the motivations are for it, he could have used less misinterpretable words. People will argue tomAYto or tomAHto about it for a week. At the very least, it was a careless comment.

242345[/snapback]

Sure, but he's speaking off the cuff, so mangling words is not unheard of.

The guy doesn't think of himself as a backup and certainly not one to a guy who has thrown 5 NFL passes... I don't see what the big deal is.

he definately said that, i JUST listened to it. I dunno whether it reflects on maybe some bitterness like TH saying his job was not lost it was given away on Jan 3 or if he meant he didnt think JP was not good enough to lead the team or what. I was just commenting that he DID say it.

Would you want to back up a guy with little experience when you have been a starter for almost 12 years in the league?

Uh, the answer is NO!

Cut Bledsoe some slack .... at least the dude wants to earn his paycheck even if his skills are declining and the game is too fast for him now to be an effective starter. After the whole mess with Flutie and Johnson and the Todd Collins Experiment, the Bills could have done a lot worse at QB the past 3 years.

He was struggling for words at the end of that question. He is still angry and bitter..."no two bit almost rookie is better than me" is basically my interpretation of this. The guy is a competitor with 12 years experience--JP is unproven. JP needs to prove himself and now he has the opportunity...

Give Drew a break on this one--just like Donahoe when we he had his brain fart at the Williams firing press conference.

How 'bout just that their styles and strengths are so disparate that it wouldn't be a good fit?

242367[/snapback]

The tone of voice kind of eliminates that....it was said a little in disgust (like "are you effing kidding me, back up JP???)....just my read of what I heard.

he definately said that, i JUST listened to it. I dunno whether it reflects on maybe some bitterness like TH saying his job was not lost it was given away on Jan 3 or if he meant he didnt think JP was not good enough to lead the team or what. I was just commenting that he DID say it.

242357[/snapback]

AS I posted earlier, y'all were absolutely correct and I was wrong. Maybe I was just hoping he didn't say it. Again, my aplogies

The tone of voice kind of eliminates that....it was said a little in disgust (like "are you effing kidding me, back up JP???)....just my read of what I heard.

242372[/snapback]

This is funny stuff. The dynamics are always the same. Player leaves town for whatever reason and we rush to prove "he was an **** anyway"

By this time next week Bledsoe will be discovered to be gay, raped a girl scout,

and someone will reveal that they saw him at a bar leave only a 10% tip.

This is funny stuff.  The dynamics are always the same. Player leaves town for whatever reason and we rush to prove "he was an **** anyway"

By this time next week Bledsoe will be discovered to be gay, raped a girl scout,

242387[/snapback]

I was just about to say that new parents ought to feel safer that there's one less baby-eater in Buffalo....

:huh:

This is funny stuff.  The dynamics are always the same. Player leaves town for whatever reason and we rush to prove "he was an **** anyway"

242387[/snapback]

Do you know a poster named Oneida Lake? :huh:

This is funny stuff. The dynamics are always the same. Player leaves town for whatever reason and we rush to prove "he was an **** anyway"

242387[/snapback]

Nope--this is one quote from a press conference--that was obviously said in anger.

Drew Bledsoe is a class act, always will be---he's just been faced with being told he's not good enough for probably the second time in his life (the other time was in NE when he recovered from injury and didn't go back in to replace Brady, but that was tempered by someone trading a first round draft pick for him). He just proved he was a little bit human. No rapist or !@#$ feeling here.

Bledsoe didn't want to backup Brady, whom he mentored and was a (player who shouldn't have won a) SB MVP (but did). Why would he want to backup a guy he mentored but hasn't proven anything? Another way to take it is that he doens't see much in Losman yet, i.e. he's not even close to Bledsoe. And if you think Bledsoe sucks, you should be scared shitless by that thought.

The only possible reason we are worried about what Drew thinks is that we believe he has some insight into JPs ability and he thinks he sucks. I'm not going to start trusting Drew's analysis NOW :huh:

I hope JP heard the comments and we get to play against Drew's new team this year AND their starting qb is injured so Drew can play against our D.

Bledsoe didn't want to backup Brady, whom he mentored and was a (player who shouldn't have won a) SB MVP (but did).  Why would he want to backup a guy he mentored but hasn't proven anything?  Another way to take it is that he doens't see much in Losman yet, i.e. he's not even close to Bledsoe.  And if you think Bledsoe sucks, you should be scared shitless by that thought.

242399[/snapback]

yeah, this from a guy who would rather have a 4 second alarm clock go off in practice, than walk away with an ounce of dignity. His judgement is spot on... :huh:

Bledsoe didn't want to backup Brady, whom he mentored and was a (player who shouldn't have won a) SB MVP (but did).  Why would he want to backup a guy he mentored but hasn't proven anything?  Another way to take it is that he doens't see much in Losman yet, i.e. he's not even close to Bledsoe.  And if you think Bledsoe sucks, you should be scared shitless by that thought.

242399[/snapback]

Why be scared? DB's big talk about loving the preparation, practice and the game doesn't translate to a high level of play on the field.

He's just jealous of JP at this point and his big impression of his abilities at this juncture are a figment of his own pride and ego.

I understand that...He used to be damn good.

Good Luck to the Guy.

242387[/snapback]

He left a tip? I heard he walked out on the bill. Poor waitress had to pay the entire $300 tab from her meager paycheck.