anyone catch DB's comments about JP!

ndirish1978

I thought Drew handled that PC with class...until I heard that backhanded comment. I lost a bit of respect for him when he said that, and perhaps it reveals another side of his character. we already know that he has a skewed perspective of his own abilities, but to make that comment is just low-roading it, no ifs and or buts.

don't let the door hitcha

that being said...JP had better be an upgrade immediately, or this staff of coaches will look pretty bad. I'm confident that they're right. They really studied it, and came to the conclusion we were all hoping for. And we were hoping for it because Drew just can't get it done when it matters most.

242316[/snapback]

I really don't think the team will rely on JP to win games for us. Hell, we didn't with DB but he can make plays and has proven it in the past.

We're going to ride the run game to the playoffs, I'm sure. We need a stud back RB who can handle 10-12 carries/game between the tackles. Shaud is just too small but he has impressed with what he's done so far. Still we need another RB and Burns just doesn't fire me up.

I really don't think the team will rely on JP to win games for us.  Hell, we didn't with DB but he can make plays and has proven it in the past. 

We're going to ride the run game to the playoffs, I'm sure.  We need a stud back RB who can handle 10-12 carries/game between the tackles.  Shaud is just too small but he has impressed with what he's done so far.  Still we need another RB and Burns just doesn't fire me up.

242612[/snapback]

One interesting thing that Bledsoe said, and forgive me if this has been pointed out, but he says Mularkey told him that the offense they would be running would be much different than the one they ran this past season....makes you wonder what MM and Clement have in mind...I don't know if it there is any truth to the rumour, but I really like the idea of the Bills going after Buckhalter to back up McGahee...

It's the same thing he thought about Tom Brady.

We've heard that tune before.

We know how it goes.

Let's hope it has the same refrain in Buffalo.

Goodbye Drew.

242629[/snapback]

Completely different situation. Brady proved what he could do before Drew was cut. JPL has 5 passes and two turnovers.

I hope JPL can do it, but it's all speculation for now (even for the coaches).

CW

I thought Drew handled that PC with class...until I heard that backhanded comment. I lost a bit of respect for him when he said that, and perhaps it reveals another side of his character. we already know that he has a skewed perspective of his own abilities, but to make that comment is just low-roading it, no ifs and or buts.

don't let the door hitcha

that being said...JP had better be an upgrade immediately, or this staff of coaches will look pretty bad. I'm confident that they're right. They really studied it, and came to the conclusion we were all hoping for. And we were hoping for it because Drew just can't get it done when it matters most.

242316[/snapback]

Good post. I have held the same respect for Drew through out his caeeer but to make that comment tells me that his ego was larger than it appeared. He says it's "not fair," well why isn't it "fair" if you take a look at his 3 years in Buffalo? Face reality would be the right thing to do but also the hardest act to perform. Another dissappointing day with Drew.

Completely different situation.  Brady proved what he could do before Drew was cut.  JPL has 5 passes and two turnovers.

I hope JPL can do it, but it's all speculation for now (even for the coaches).

CW

242636[/snapback]

You're right. I forgot that JP was drafted out of grammar school.

What was I thinking?

Has he even SEEN a football before?

God, we're friggin DOOMED!

You're right. I forgot that JP was drafted out of grammar school.

What was I thinking?

Has he even SEEN a football before?

God, we're friggin DOOMED!

242668[/snapback]

Get a clue -- not all players that are drafted become good NFL players, even though they appear that they will when drafted. Are you trying to be contrary just for the fun of it? Or do you really think that, just because he played for a (lousy) college team that he's going to be a good QB? You have NO way of knowing until he gets out there. I'll quote what I said in my previous post in case you don't get it:

"I hope JPL can do it, but it's all speculation for now (even for the coaches)."

Note that I don't say, "He's gonna rock," nor do I say, "He's going to suck." I said we don't know. And if you disagree with that, then I guess there's nothing more to say about it. :huh:

CW

Good post. I have held the same respect for Drew through out his caeeer but to make that comment tells me that his ego was larger than it appeared. He says it's "not fair," well why isn't it "fair" if you take a look at his 3 years in Buffalo? Face reality would be the right thing to do but also the hardest act to perform. Another dissappointing day with Drew.

242650[/snapback]

You see, this is where people start to read things that are not there. First Bledsoe was asked, "You didn't see this coming, did you?" and then he was asked "Do you think this was fair?" After saying he didn't think that it was fair, using the interviewers words, he went on to say "but, that is part of the business."

I also think you are all reading way too much into his "back-handed" isult to Losman. There was nothing else he said about Losman that would lead me to believe that his "particularly not JP" comment was intended as an insult.

It just seems that you all wanted Bledsoe to come out and say "All those a-holes on TSW are right, I am the worst POS QB to ever take the field. I am too slow, stupid, can't read defenses, and I only like to sit around my house in Montana and drink beer." Well, as misguided as some of you may feel his confidence is, that is part of what has kept in the NFL for 12 years. Of course he should feel it is unfair to be cut in favor of someone who has close to no experience. Considering what the guy has gone through in the last week or so, I think he handled his final PC with the Buffalo media perfectly...he didn't trash anyone, complimented the owner, the coach (not the GM though!), his teammantes, and even the fans, who were pretty brutal on him...

You see, this is where people start to read things that are not there.  First Bledsoe was asked, "You didn't see this coming, did you?" and then he was asked "Do you think this was fair?"  After saying he didn't think that it was fair, using the interviewers words, he went on to say "but, that is part of the business." 

I also think you are all reading way too much into his "back-handed" isult to Losman.  There was nothing else he said about Losman that would lead me to believe that his "particularly not JP" comment was intended as an insult.

It just seems that you all wanted Bledsoe to come out and say "All those a-holes on TSW are right, I am the worst POS QB to ever take the field.  I am too slow, stupid, can't read defenses,  and I only like to sit around my house in Montana and drink beer."  Well, as misguided as some of you may feel his confidence is, that is part of what has kept in the NFL for 12 years.  Of course he should feel it is unfair to be cut in favor of someone who has close to no experience.  Considering what the guy has gone through in the last week or so, I think he handled his final PC with the Buffalo media perfectly...he didn't trash anyone, complimented the owner, the coach (not the GM though!), his teammantes, and even the fans, who were pretty brutal on him...

242746[/snapback]

Is it unfair to be cut in favor of someone who has no experience? Well if you play like the guy who has no experience I think the answer would be yes. He didn't play like a 12 year vet most of the time. It seems very hard for some including Drew to face facts. He failed. Time and Time again he made critical errors at critical times and embarrassed coaches, fans, and media the last game. It should be no "shock" to anyone. The media in Buffalo believe it or not is not as bad as some other cities. Drew is class guy but why is he "shocked" and "angry?". That's a pathetic comment to me anyway.

Is it unfair to be cut in favor of someone who has no experience? Well if you play like the guy who has no experience I think the answer would be yes. He didn't play like a 12 year vet most of the time. It seems very hard for some  including Drew to face facts. He failed. Time and Time again he made critical errors at critical times and embarrassed coaches, fans, and media the last game. It should be no "shock" to anyone. The media in Buffalo believe it or not is not as bad as some other cities. Drew is class guy but why is he "shocked" and "angry?". That's a pathetic comment to me anyway.

242774[/snapback]

You missed my point. While happen to be in the minority that think we would have been better off bringing Bledsoe back, I wasn't defending his play. I know it has been sub-par to decent at times, and yeah, at other times just lousy. My point was, everyone is piling on the guy like he is OJ Simpson or something, when all he did was defend himself, in a very understated way, to his critics. If he can't defend himself, or does not feel that the Bills are making the wrong choice, than he would likely hang it up, and retire. He is still relatively young, and feels he can still be productive in the NFL. Maybe his beleif that he is still a good QB is misguided, most Bills fans seem to feel it is, and so too, apparently does Mularkey. He does not. Why is it so hard to understand that?