Trump Alone at the Top

Over and over I hear this, but he never, ever, ever will be disciplined enough to win.

Ever.

Because that's not his brand.

There will come a time when many like you will realize this and have to admit to yourself that you were conned. He will never be the candidate you hope for because if he had any discipline at all, he wouldn't be in the position he is in.

As was predicted months ago...the media gave him the mic, he used it unchallenged, and now the united, concerted effort to destroy him is, predictably, afoot. And he does not have the discipline needed to change course.

Trump supporters are not being conned.

Most are supporting him because he is a political wrecking ball. He's supposed to troll the establishment. It doesn't matter what he says because it's about disrupting the status quo.

It's actually funny that the Democrats are treating him like a real candidate. It's like an MMA fighter getting into the ring with the Undertaker and hoping not to get hit by a chair.

Over and over I hear this, but he never, ever, ever will be disciplined enough to win.

Ever.

Because that's not his brand.

There will come a time when many like you will realize this and have to admit to yourself that you were conned. He will never be the candidate you hope for because if he had any discipline at all, he wouldn't be in the position he is in.

As was predicted months ago...the media gave him the mic, he used it unchallenged, and now the united, concerted effort to destroy him is, predictably, afoot. And he does not have the discipline needed to change course.

No. I am not conned. Trump is a wild card to me. He is my hail Mary because there is simply no other options left. I barely trust him. We separate because I no longer have any trust or faith in the Republican Party. I don't even think of the system as two party any more. You still cling to Cruz or Rubio or whomever best represents your values. This is a illusion and the real con. It's all fake. The Reps put up faux resistance all the time knowing they will cave in the end because they all have the same interests. All powerful organizations and every country is aligning against Trump. Not because they care about people but because he is not part of their club. He might reveal their monopoly on power. If Hillary wins its going to get ugly on lots of levels. From trying to eradicate the second amendment to nonsense like installing Barry as a Supreme Court justice. Rumor I heard not sure of it's validity but that's a real scary thought. I can't help but think we are heading straight on into the abyss.

No. I am not conned. Trump is a wild card to me. He is my hail Mary because there is simply no other options left. I barely trust him. We separate because I no longer have any trust or faith in the Republican Party. I don't even think of the system as two party any more. You still cling to Cruz or Rubio or whomever best represents your values. This is a illusion and the real con. It's all fake. The Reps put up faux resistance all the time knowing they will cave in the end because they all have the same interests. All powerful organizations and every country is aligning against Trump. Not because they care about people but because he is not part of their club. He might reveal their monopoly on power. If Hillary wins its going to get ugly on lots of levels. From trying to eradicate the second amendment to nonsense like installing Barry as a Supreme Court justice. Rumor I heard not sure of it's validity but that's a real scary thought. I can't help but think we are heading straight on into the abyss.

Yep. I think he frightens them because he isn't beholden to their tacit agreements. Not that Trump doesn't have corruption in his dealings, but I don't think it's so deeply tied directly to politicians, but more in finance, and real estate. I think they are worried he will just go full-out blowhard if they resist his proposals, and wreak havoc on the way they are used to doing business.

I can see Trump developing an adversary in Congress, and just running him into the ground, bypassing any of the decorum, and "gentleman's agreements" they all seem to have in place with each other.

If he is elected, I expect them to find a way to impeach him, or that he will be assassinated.

I have seen the name Loretta Lynch floated as a Supreme Court nominee. Just !@#$ing galling.

Edited by HoF Watkins

October surprise right on time

Donald Trump's business losses in 1995 were so large that they could have allowed him to legally avoid paying federal income tax for up to 18 years, The New York Times reports.
In a story published early on Sunday, the Times said it anonymously received the first pages of Trump's 1995 state income tax filings in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut - showing a net loss of $915,729,293 in federal taxable income for that year.
According to tax experts hired by the newspaper, provisions in the tax code would have allowed Trump to use his near $916m loss to cancel out an equivalent amount of taxable income over an 18-year period.
The Times said that although Trump's taxable income in subsequent years is unknown, a $916m loss in 1995 would have been large enough to wipe out more than $50m a year in taxable income over 18 years.

Leona Helmsely

A billionaire, she was convicted of tax fraud that started with small and obvious acts of evasion. She had a harsh persona too, earning her the nickname the “Queen of Mean.”

During her tax evasion trial, a former employee testified that Helmsley said: “We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes.”

This

Tax loss carry forward . Real criminal stuff right there.

Yup. And the misinformation is flowing already. Some posted on FB that he could use those losses against income he earned from The Apprentice. Um no. You can only use the capital gains to offset capital losses and $3,000 per year against income.

More importantly how did he have nearly $1b in capital losses? That's quite the feat for such a "skilled" business man.

Edited by Chef Jim

Yup. And the misinformation is flowing already. Some posted on FB that he could use those losses against income he earned from The Apprentice. Um no. You can only use the capital gains to offset capital losses and $3,000 per year against income.

More importantly how did he have nearly $1b in capital losses? That's quite the feat for such a "skilled" business man.

Trump could diffuse all misinformation by releasing his returns...

I think of Trump as the distasteful transition between Obama and the truly attentive candidate yet to come for the 2020 election cycle. A more coarse comparison would be comparing Trump to the strong mouthwash (rinse thoroughly, but don't swallow) needed to wash away an eight year episode of vomit-in-your-mouth. Once the episode is forgotten, life is refocused and moves along nicely.

Trump could diffuse all misinformation by releasing his returns...

No the media and the public could diffuse misinformation by understanding what the !@#$ they were talking about. You seriously think that even if he releases 20 years of returns people and the media are not going to misinterpret them?

Trying to eradicate the 2nd....you know how that works right?

No the media and the public could diffuse misinformation by understanding what the !@#$ they were talking about. You seriously think that even if he releases 20 years of returns people and the media are not going to misinterpret them?

Oooh. I forgot....releasing actual info is worse.....gotcha

WTF are you talking about? What's worse than relaesing information is the fact that most Americans won't even understand what that information is actually saying.

Yup. Just look at Romney releasing his tax returns. He paid a 14% effective tax rate and some freaked-out.

Here is the Washington Post's headline about the NYTimes Trump/Tax article........

The New York Times Risked Legal Trouble To Publish Donald Trump's Tax Return

Washington Post ^ | October 2, 2016 | Callum Borchers
Dean Baquet wasn't bluffing. The New York Times executive editor said during a visit to Harvard in September that he would risk jail to publish Donald Trump's tax returns. He made good on his word Saturday night when the Times published Trump tax documents from 1995

Here's what it should have been.

New York Times Publishes Tax Returns of a Private Citizen, in Shallow Attempt To Assist Hillary Clinton…

I don't disagree with much of what you're saying (though I'm a Scott Walker kinda guy long before Cruz or Rubio). The larger point is my original point: you, like many, offer suggestions for improvement like "He needs to be more disciplined" or "He needs to sound presidential."

And that's just not going to happen because we are all witnessing the very best Trump can be. He will not get better at anything for any amount of time that will matter because he inherently must respond to every single thing thrown at him, which is a loser's game and we both know it.

There is no chance of him winning. There is only the chance that HIllary may lose.

Edited by LABillzFan

http://www.debates.org/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=69&cntnt01origid=27&cntnt01detailtemplate=newspage&cntnt01returnid=80

Statement about first debate Sep 30, 2016

Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump's audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall.

New Trump TV Ad Explains Why Clinton Isn't '50 Points Ahead' In The Polls (VIDEO)

TPM ^ | September 30, 2016

Leftist Mob Beats, Kicks, Pummels Trump Supporter for Wearing #MAGA Hat – Saved by Police (Video).

That's disgusting!!!!

He probably shouldn't have worn the hat, but that is no reason to beat him. I never realized how violent liberals are until this election.